“Order the Manty and Kwas Chlebowy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Babooshka

Babooshka
Ranked #252 of 2,462 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Russian, Eastern European, European, Central European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Śródmieście Północne
Warsaw, Poland
“Order the Manty and Kwas Chlebowy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Good russian food with good prices. When I want dumplings, but not traditional polish one's, I always go here.
I have been here 30-50 times and each time I really enjoy the food here, as lunch or for evening dinner with friends. The atmosphere is cozy and not stiff.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Köln
“Worth a visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I arrived at it by chance and it was a great! very good traditional food at reasonable prices. My dish (russian pancake topped w smoked salmon, caviar and sour cream) was delicious, although a little heavy for my taste (deep fried rye pancakes). Service was quick and effective. Definitely worth a visit!

Warsaw, Poland
“BEST RUSSIAN FOOD IN WARSAW !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

There is a underrepresentation of Russian restaurants in Warsaw. There used to be Tsaritsina (by Magda Gessler) at the Old Town; it was really great place with the russian cuisine, but it was closed few years ago. I was really happy to see Babooshka opened in the Center. The place has a rustic, low-key furniture and decor, but what you get from their menu tastes really FIRST CLASS. My favorites are: Solyanka Soup, and Pyelmeni - done in Sibirian way. Also herring with sour cream and onion is absolutely fantastic. The food is served with the Russian Kvas as a side-drink. Prices are more than reasonable.

Visited June 2013
“Traditional and filling with very obliging staff and good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We ordered the roast pork which came with salad and vegetables and the lamb in a pot with egg plant zucchini and potato. The lamb was delicious and very tender. Since we were not enthused by the wine in their menu we asked if we could go next door to the bottle shop and get our own choice. No worries and the lass who served us happily provided the glasses and opened our wine. We had a couple of beers too and the total was 75zlotys. Good value and staff were happy too. Menu was in English with lots of choices.

• Visited June 2013
Reno
“Like Mamma used to make!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

What a delightful surprise to find this traditional Russian restaurant very close to my hotel - the Mercure Grand.
My mother's family comes from Lithuania and the food I ate tonight reminded me of my mom's home cooking. I had lamb stew and potato pancakes, both were delicious. The cranberry compote drink was also quite nice. The atmosphere is very rustic and homey. The staff don't speak English, but they are quite nice and there is an English menu.
It's not really that far from the Old City and it's not at all touristy. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the center of Old Town.

• Visited April 2013