“Wonderful experience!”

Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Śródmieście Północne
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went to another branch also in Warsaw! Our waitress was great, very helpful, smiley and friendly! Food was just fabulous, the best we had in Poland! Great value for money! Would go back anytime, wish we had one in Scotland :-)

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Good russian food with good prices. When I want dumplings, but not traditional polish one's, I always go here.
I have been here 30-50 times and each time I really enjoy the food here, as lunch or for evening dinner with friends. The atmosphere is cozy and not stiff.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I arrived at it by chance and it was a great! very good traditional food at reasonable prices. My dish (russian pancake topped w smoked salmon, caviar and sour cream) was delicious, although a little heavy for my taste (deep fried rye pancakes). Service was quick and effective. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

There is a underrepresentation of Russian restaurants in Warsaw. There used to be Tsaritsina (by Magda Gessler) at the Old Town; it was really great place with the russian cuisine, but it was closed few years ago. I was really happy to see Babooshka opened in the Center. The place has a rustic, low-key furniture and decor, but what you get from their menu tastes really FIRST CLASS. My favorites are: Solyanka Soup, and Pyelmeni - done in Sibirian way. Also herring with sour cream and onion is absolutely fantastic. The food is served with the Russian Kvas as a side-drink. Prices are more than reasonable.

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We ordered the roast pork which came with salad and vegetables and the lamb in a pot with egg plant zucchini and potato. The lamb was delicious and very tender. Since we were not enthused by the wine in their menu we asked if we could go next door to the bottle shop and get our own choice. No worries and the lass who served us happily provided the glasses and opened our wine. We had a couple of beers too and the total was 75zlotys. Good value and staff were happy too. Menu was in English with lots of choices.