“Disappointing return :(”

Cuisines: European, Polish, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I have been to this restaurant a number of times on our previous visits to Poland and have always been very happy with the food and service.
However, on this occasion we were sadly disappointed.
First of all they would not let us sit outside because there was a football match on and they were concerned there may be some trouble.....we saw no football fans for our entire visit.
So we had to sit inside, which was ok but not what we had wanted. So, we ordered our food and drinks. Drinks took over 15 minutes to arrive (3 bottles of water and a beer). Food arrived 10 minutes later and initially it looked good. However, my sister-in-law had ordered a plate of mixed Pierogi and when she started eating she found out they were all the same. We summoned the waitress who said she would go speak with the kitchen. 10 minutes later she came back to say "that is all we have left so we gave it to you". No apology, no offer of ordering something different....basically "tough luck". We asked again if they could do something and they basically said no. My dish of pasta with beef in a cream sauce was pretty average. Taste was ok but the tagliatelle was undercooked and stuck together. My wife had duck which she said was ok but nothing special. And my brother-in-law had baked fish which he had eaten before and said it was not as good as the last time. We paid our bill (with no tip) and left.
This visit has unfortunately left us with no great desire to return to this restaurant and for this occasion I would not recommend people to visit.

1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

As this is probably the most touristy place in all of Warsaw we didnt expect much, but the food you get here really is below average. Mostly rewarmed i would say. Beer is ok. Standard wine was undrinkable and never ever what it was assigned on the menu. Possible to accomodate large groups on short notice however. Would not go here again.

1  Thank Roundtrip23
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have visited Bazaliszek last June, on a nice warm sunny day. Me and my friend have decided to sit in the outside part of the restaurant, as we wanted to admire the beautiful buildings of the Old Market Square. The waiting staff were pleasant, the first of the waiting did not speak good English, however he has tried his best.
After ordering our drinks and the food we have been complementary crusty bread, with different sides of cheeses and pâté, which was extremely tasty. There was a bit of a misunderstanding with the dish that my friend has ordered, so we have waited a long time for this to be resolved. The staff has not offered for my plate to be taken away and served at the same time as my friends, so instead of having our meal together, we had it separate. Which to be honest we are still not happy about. The manager has offered us free dessert as an apology, which once again was really nice. After paying our bill the waiter who has been serving us, made a comment which was not very nice; trying to make us guilty that me and my friend had to eat at different times. However the over all experience was really pleasant and I will definitely go back. Simply because the food was really good.

Tomasz B, Kierownik ds. PR at Bazyliszek Restauracja, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you Mags510 for your review!

Good value for money and lovely food is what its all about :)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was the first meal in Warsaw. Great location and very nice place. We ordered the draft beer-huge! They brought bread with a very delicious cheese spread and meat dip. We ordered the pierogi sample for appetizer and the ribs in honey and nut sauce for dinner. Both were delish! We mostly enjoyed the views and the street musicians that played violin. At the end they gave us a liquor on the house which was nice also. Negative- If you come for a quick bite, not the place. This place is to seat, relax and enjoy.

Thank you robyrega for your review!

We're happy that you could relax and enjoy the time spent in our restaurant :)

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I'm still sitting here waiting for a menu. For some reason, the waitress bears a grudge against me? Everyone else gets a menu but me, not even when I asked twice. N no, I still didn't get a menu when I walked out cuz nobody in the service crew gave a damn.

2  Thank Veene