“Very good place for family”
Review of Savica Hotel

Savica Hotel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Bled
Koprivnica, Croatia
“Very good place for family”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very good hotel with excellent family room, great location and very good breakfast.
We have problem with reservation via Booking.com, hotel don't received our reservation but stuff on recepcion were very frendly and everything was good on the end.
Bled is beautiful place for spending weekend or hollydays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, Genel Müdür at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Family Hotel Savica and for sharing your experience. I was very pleased to find out that you liked your stay.

You are always welcome to visit us again.

Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed there for a night. Good rooms, good service, good breakfast. Real value for money. 5 mins walk to the Lake and Mercator supermarket. Balcony to look around and enjoy fresh air.
Hope to be there again

Room Tip: If travel w/children you should have a family room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Savica.

I am glad that you enjoyed the stay and hope to be able to welcome you again someday.

Portschach am Worther See, Austria
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was in a very good location. Staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfast very good. Room "corporate" but very clean. Would have marked the hotel as "good" but there is not an option between "average" and "very good". Two reasons we have not marked as "very good". Firstly although the food was very good at breakfast and the staff worked incredibly hard to keep everything replenished the breakfast room is far too small for the number of guests. We are a couple and there were a lot of families with children of various ages so breakfast was very noisy! Second reason is that the car park is also far too small for the number of guests. We would recommend this hotel for families but not for couples.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 9210Kitty
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting our Hotel Savica and for sharing your experience.

I am pleased to find out that you liked hotel's location, staff, breakfast, cleanliness etc.

As far as your comments regarding the breakfast room size is concerned, I can explain that sometimes many guests visit it at the same time therefore it can be busy. However, we plan to enlarge it with connecting it with an outdoor terrace. Sometimes car park is pretty busy too,
Anyway, I hope that you decide to visit us again, you are always welcome.

Best regards from Lake Bled,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel, specialy for families. We stayed for six days and we have a wonderfull time. Breakfast was excellent, but dinner in hotel Golf was poor and disapointing. Kids club was great, my son had a wonderfull time! I was many times at Bled, and I love it very much. There are lots of interesting places to see. Island of Bled, Vintgar gorge, lake Bohinj, Vogel, Radovljica (with wery good restaurant Podvin)... I also strongly recomand restaurant in hotel Triglav, with excellent Slovenian wine list and with extraordinary food. Enjoy in Slovenia!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Family Hotel Savica and for sharing your experience.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, not only at the hotel but also in whole area.

I have already talked to the Hotel Golf's manager and pointed out your comment about the dinner. I am convinced that you would be satisfied also with it during your possible next stay which we hope for.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lake Bled is one of those places on Earth that falls into category of 'Beauty Beyond Compare'. You simply cannot categorize it because it is above typical tourist places, exclusive destination with almost unrealistic scenes.
It is situated on approx. 500m above sea level and being close to Alps posses all those great advantages of mountain resort - clean, fresh air, typical Alpine nature, crystal skies (many, many stars at night), piece & tranquility, but, at the same time, nice walking paths, fashionable cafes around the lake, swans and ducks to feed, parks to relax and breathe and - A Castle! A real 11th century (!!!) castle on top of the surrounding hill, overlooking at the lake. I can't explain that, you simply have to see with your own eyes.
When the decorative lighting is lit in the evening, creating shadowing forms and shapes on the rock wall beneath the castle, it is breathtaking.
Not to mention that you can observe this sight from the outdoor swimming pool in SPA complex, comfortably dipped in warm water, with just your head above, scanning the lake in the dark of the night.
My job has taken me to many beautiful places on this planet, but Bled has qualities you just can't get enough, but instead you just keep coming back, never bored, always looking forward to this winter vacation months ahead.
We are there every winter fro the last 6 years and even if we add a few days of skiing in Austria (which you can easily organize and manage), Bled is in the first place and only then something else can be added.
Hotel Savica is probably the best Family Hotel in Europe. Of course, it's advantage is closely linked with the fact that it is on Bled lake. However, even without the natural beauties of this heavenly place, the hotel truly offers amazing values for the money. I can tell you, we never regretted a single cent we have spent there.
The list of amenities includes: two full rooms (read carefully - TWO REGULAR FULL DOUBLE BED ROOMS!) for the family, with adjoining anteroom, so you and your kids can have a separate rooms but still within the same accommodation, all goodies of 4 stars accommodation (although it is categorized as 3 stars), one room with bath tub, the other with shower cabin, very well heating (perhaps even too good), terrace (to keep contact with the nature), mini bar, adjacent parking, etc. I cannot remember a single thing I was missing.
BTW everything is tailored to kids: excellent full day animation, playrooms on every floor, plenty of different toys conveniently scattered around the place and bunch of kids running up and down until late evening hours, until their batteries wear off completely :)))
Note: not suitable for couples craving for peaceful rest - for them a near by Golf hotel (just 30 steps away) is the ideal solution.
Savica offers full breakfast in the morning, nothing special but sufficient and in a home like atmosphere, dinner (for those with half-board) is served in near by Golf hotel - a full rich buffet with everything you can desire. Do not expect lobster and mussels, no extravaganza, but more than decent level of gastronomy. You will have to be careful not to overweight yourself in the evening.
SPA (in Golf hotel, free of charge for Savica guests) is one of the most beautiful I have ever experienced (although not nearly as big as those in Austria for example), but do not take my word for it, take a look at the pictures yourself. Just remember, it is actually better than it looks on the photos.
For those who come by car (strongly advised, to be able to move around, it's worth it), skiing is a viable option, with 30 min of drive to both Kranjska Gora and Vogel. The latter is situated above the other lake - Bohinj, another amazing experience and a must see. Even if you are not a ski maniac, you should have a tea in a cafe on Vogel and look down on Bohinj lake - fantastic sight.
I could go on and on forever about this place but I will instead stop here and offer my mail address to anyone seeking more details. I would be happy to provide any additional information about this magical place.
I'm almost sorry to share all of this with others, with some selfish motives behind this :)))

Room Tip: rooms not looking at parking are VERY quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vladan R
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear guest,

May I thank you not only for staying at the family hotel Savica buit also for your wonderful review. I don't have anything to add – you described the hotel and whole resort perfectly.

It is always pleasure to find out that our guests feel comfortable in Lake Bled; we will do our best to make you feel welcome also in future.

Kind regards,

SAVA HOTTELS BLED
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Savica Hotel is situated in a beautiful park full of old trees in the very heart of Bled. Boasting magnificent views of Lake Bled, Bled Castle and the Julian Alps.Apsoluly children friendly and you can enjoy in perfect spa and pools

Room Tip: If yo have big family ask for Adjoining rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our family hotel Savica. I agree with you that the hotel's location is very nice, quiet but yet very close to the center of town. Further, I was pleased to find out that you liked the wellness area.

Dear guest, you are very welcome to visit us again.

Best regards from Lake Bled.

UK
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was the second time I had stayed at this hotel. All in all it was a good stay. I have no complaints about the hotel or staff.

Food was good, rooms good though very hot, we had the window open at night. And I can't understand why the corridor is so hot. Its stifling.

The golf hotel was for our evening meal and swimming pool which was very good.

My only complaint was about noisy guests on our first night that seemed to be partying outside our room. We phoned reception after a while and they dealt with it promptly. We didn't have that issue again.

All in all a good experience on once again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank UkMumof2
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Savica Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear guest,

It was our pleasure hosting you at the family Hotel Savica. I am pleased to find out that you liked your stay; please accept my apologies about the noisy guests; I am glad that our staff solved the situation in the right way.

We would be honored to welcome you again.

Best regards from Lake Bled,