“Would not recommend”
Review of Gostilna Murka

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bled
Gostilna Murka
Ranked #54 of 60 Bled B&B and Inns
Utah
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Unfortunately, I can't recommend staying here. I was glad we only spent one night here. While it wasn't "awful", there really isn't anything noteworthy to make it worth recommending. I had pre-booked well in advance and received confirmation via e-mail. When we arrived and I mentioned I had a reservation, he asked if I was the one who phoned the day prior about booking the room for the same day we had reserved. Made me a bit nervous as it almost seemed liked they had offered the room to someone else. Good thing we arrived pretty early. He didn't ask for any personal details or to see my confirmation, just gave me the key, showed me to the apartment above the restaurant, and showed me how to lock the doors. That was it. Seemed like the apartment was a complete afterthought to the restaurant.

The apartment itself was large and the beds were fine. Bathroom would have been better with a shower. There was a small siting area in the kitchen with a sink, small fridge and cooking area. My biggest hang-up was the terrible smell of smoke coming from the room across the small hallway. We had to make certain to close the apartment door quick to avoid as much smoke as possible.

The location itself is fine and there was easy parking on-site with a short walk down to the lake. Check-out (if you could call it that) was strange too. Guy just asked for the money and the key. That was it.

Pretty sure there have to be better options out there.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bscrowt

Solo
Business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

We popped in for a meal after a huge day out and about walking. For the meat eaters among us there was great options, for the veggies the options where a little limited but still tasty and not bread or pasta based. It is a pleasant little place and the host was really nice, he even served us a complimentary blueberry schnapps after our meal - cant go wrong!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan P
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed at the apartment above the restaurant for 7 days in Aug 2011.
The rooms are spacious, high ceilinged and cool, easily able to accommodate 5 in comfort and are located 200 yards from the lake shore
The Gostilna is family run, and the staff could not be more helpful or hospitable.
Cooking facilities are limited, ( 2 rings, no grill or microwave), but you are living above a restaurant.
It would probably help if you were a sound sleeper: the hostel across the road can be lively until 1 am and the menagerie next door is awake with the dawn, neither of which is in the control of the Gostilna staff.
Still and all, a peasant apartment with friendly hosts in a lovely place

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kckc007
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I agree with everything in the 2008 review about the appartment. The restaraunt is my favourite in Bled and I visit for lunch or dinner whenever I visit the town. Nothing better to sit on the terrace and have a beer with Josef after participating in one of the many family activities in and around around bled

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Kent, England
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Gostilna means Guesthouse and owner Josef and his two sons will make you an extremely welcome guest. Hospitality is rife in Slovenia and the Murka Inn at Bled is no different. The two bedroomed apartment which my wife and I shared was huge, very well equipped, exceptionally clean and virtually brand new.

Ok, so the shower is hand held and there isn't a curtain (yet), but there is more storage space in these two rooms than I have experienced anywhere else. You could take enough clothes for a month and still have some empty drawers and cupboards.

The kitchen boasts two hotplates, but there isn't an oven. But then, why would you want one? Downstairs is one of the best restaurants in Bled. Apart from exceptional food, there's a good selection of wines and the prices are more than reasonable.

Eat inside or out and enjoy typical Slovenian dishes cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. The words 'rustic charm' are often used to describe something which is old and slightly run down, not so Gostilna Murka. It is an impressive old building with magnificent modern facilities.

You can't see Lake Bled from the terrace where you can enjoy an evening beer, but you're not paying 'best view' prices either. The lake is in fact literally a five minute walk away and, very importantly, there's free parking right outside. The town centre is less than a kilometre away.

Downsides? If I were really picky, the stairs up to the apartment are a little steep, but it's an old building. I'm over 60 and carried my case up.

The Murka Inn is an all year round venue in a beautiful part of Slovenia and everyone there speaks perfect English. Call in and tell Josef I said "Doberdan" and "Hvala" for such a great visit.

• Liked — Clean, spacious, friendly, excellent food and location
  • Disliked — We had to leave it and come home
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kgtiga