“Hotel Triglav Bled - My new gold standard for hotels”
Review of Hotel Triglav Bled

Hotel Triglav Bled
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My husband and I just got back from two nights at stunning Lake Bled and our experience with the Hotel Triglav was extraordinary. It is at the quiet end of the lake, near the picturesque island, but the walk to town is enjoyable. Our large room was on the top floor with a balcony and sitting area, the bed was comfortable, and everything was spotlessly clean. The view was simply breathtaking. We were welcomed warmly by the staff and treated as if we were their only guests. We ate at the hotel's Restaurant 1906 both nights for dinner and for lunch the day we arrived. The chef is fabulous and the service is absolutely 5-star by Damir and Galjo. The breakfast is the best we had on our two-week trip to Europe. We were also happy to discover that the staff all speak English, which we didn't expect. There is a computer for guest use in the lobby and although we didn't make use of the pool and spa, they looked quite nice.
If we ever return to Lake Bled and Slovenia, which I would love to do, I wouldn't stay anywhere but the Hotel Triglav. The value can't be beat, and the tranquility and beauty will never be forgotten.

Room Tip: Rooms 301 and 306 are worth the extra cost!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EJClem

Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2-nights and loved it. We booked on a hostel website, so the room didn't have a/c, something we didn't realize when we booked. But there was a great skylight and we lucked out because it cooled off quiet nicely at night. The location is a bit removed from the downtown area where all the restaurants are -- about a 20 min walk along the lake -- but we had a car so it wasn't bad. Free parking after 8 downtown! The hotel was clean and the breakfast was excellent. And there was plenty of parking. To get down to the lake, you need to take a pretty steep walkway down -- so if you're not steady on your feet -- beware! If you are, this is a great place to stay and I would certainly head back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank twaterwoman
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We were lucky to be able to visit at a reduced rate having stayed at another, less expensive venue for one night. This first venue could not accommodate us for a second night and therefore arranged for us to stay at Hotel Triglav for the same price. As a result we found it to be excellent value for money. It is a first class hotel with very spacious, en suite rooms, comfortable beds, air conditioning and good views. We were really tired so slept well. However, a railway line runs behind the hotel and occasional passing trains could disturb sleep. The breakfast was extremely good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiBrown
managertriglavhotel, Manager at Hotel Triglav Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

My dear guests!

Thank you very much for your great review. Your comments are real and great. We're try to improve things.

We're glad you had a relaxing stay and also comment the food.

I would ask you for one favour - we have the name of our restaurant on trip advisor (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g274863-d1894851-Reviews-A_la_Carte_Restaurant_1906_Bled-Bled.html), but there are no reviews - could you write the first review or just copy the part of the restaurant in you review.
I hope I don't ask too much.

Hope see you soon, next time also the daughter will have a room with the balcony and lake view.

Thanks again. We're waiting for you.

Regards,
Marcela with team

Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days at the end of July, 2011 with our 14 year old daughter. We stayed in a suite and our daughter had a single room. Our room was spacious and had lovely balcony with superb views over the lake, our daughters was very small with no view, but perfect for her.
The hotel is positioned up from the lake near the railway with delightful old steam trains puffing through a couple of times a day. The view is good and despite others comments it is easy to walk to the shops in 15 minutes. I think if you went to Bled and couldn't walk anywhere this is not the holiday for you. The whole lake has a flat tarmaced path all around and the whole lake can be walked around in just over an hour, jogged round in 40 mins. 1 way the shops are 15 mins, the other way 30 mins. There are a steep set of steps and ramp just along from the hotel to get down to this path by the rowing club but you can drive and park down there.
Marcella the manageress is very lively, helpful and friendly and goes out of her way to help and advise you. All the staff are very friendly. Uros the chef gave us a very interesting demonstration of a delicious Slovene cake one afternoon and then so kindly took our daughter under his wing and let her cook and help in the kitchen. She served our delicious 4 course set meal to us one evening. The food is of a truly high standard and absolutely delicious. It sounds nitpicking but the only thing I wished for was crispy bacon at breakfast as it was quite fatty, but I am sure if asked they would have accomodated us.
However scrumptious breads and homemade jam made up for it.
This is a newish hotel, small and personally run, re opened about 2 years ago and I think will go from strength to strength. Another suggestion would be to make the room at the end of the first floor into a small bar with comfy squashy sofas. The bar is down stairs but I am not keen on this layout.
There is a lovely pool, warm, peaceful and quite large in the basement and a very skilled masseur is available for relaxing massage.
There are many wonderful walks and swimming with flumes in the lake, boating, trips to great places, I recommend the gingerbread factory, museum in Kranj (eat there too wonderful homemade food) the castle, island, a Go Ape place with a mono rail ride down the mountain round the lake, Emerald Trail, a day of walking, whitewater rafting, swimming etc etc.
We had a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank luminojane
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This place is absolutely incredible! The views, the staff, the ambiance, the food, the service... everything is top of the line! It is outside of the town by about 5 minutes drive and has incredible views of the lake from the private balconies. It is very small and intimate and highly recommended for couples who want a bit of privacy away from the tourist scene. We spent 3 nights there and easily would have stayed more. We had dinner there one evening and it was by far the most incredible dinner of our entire trip. It was a 5 course meal with wine pairings and unique, eclectic, delicious food. We also had breakfast every morning at the hotel. It was in the restaurant and very private, very few people. I got a massage while I was there through the hotel and it was fabulous. This is truly one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed at and would recommend it highly to anyone traveling to Bled.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mafredrick
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is a very nice hotel situated in a picture postcard setting within Slovenia. Staff is friendly and attentive and everything worked well. The rooms are simple but perfectly adequate. I would probably avoid the restaurant — despite claiming to be a culinary school, dinner was spotty and I suspect better values are to be had elsewhere. The views are wonderful. Since you are partially around the lake from Bled, we found bicycle rental to be an ideal way of getting around — there is a pedestrian way circumnavigating the lake — the hotel will arrange this for you at no charge.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is the place to stay in Bled. The service is exemplary yet informal and relaxed. You will be amazed at how helpful the staff are. The rooms are lovely with good attention to detail. And the view over the lake is stunning. The best hotel that we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple