“Great location & seemed to be cheapest place to eat by the lake”
Review of Rikli Bistro

Rikli Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Bled
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pizzeria Rikli - it was very quiet when we visited only a few tables with other diners. We were served fairly decent food with a good pizza base. One veggie pizza (8 euros) & garlic bread (5 euros) with 2 toppings (mushrooms & zuchni - like a veggie pizza but without the cheese). The food was not spectacular but we enjoyed it. However the reason for the lower rating is the service was not so good it took along time to attract the waiters attention & we were left sitting there for quite a while. On the plus side it was a great place to be sitting admiring the lake.

SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Rikli Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear guest,

May I thank you for visiting our Pizzeria Rikli and for sharing your experience.

I am pleased to find out that you liked the food and location – and also reasonable prices; on the other hand I can promise you that we will pay even more attention to the service in future.

You are welcome to visit us again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this place, as it looked a bit characterless on the outside. The first visit we only had coffee and cakes, but we went back for lunch and dinner on later days. The food was good (the fish excellent) and the staff really friendly and helpful. The views over the lake are superb, and it is a comfortable place to relax and eat. It is not trying to be a top notch restaurant but it succeeds in providing good value food in a pleasant space with wonderful views. The legendary cream cake is probably obligatory.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was kind of disappointed by the food at this restaurant. It wasn't bad but just decent at best. The beef was tough and the trout was filled with bones. Although it tasted decent, it was not my favorite. I felt it was kind of touristy. I went there specifically for the Bled Cream Cake it was "famous" for however, I had it at other restaurants and it really did not taste much different. It was good but likely the best thing they offered on the menu. I would go elsewhere before going to this restaurant again. These was my least favorite of all places we went to even though the view on the lake was spectacular.

SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Rikli Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting our Restaurant and Cafe Park.

I am pleased that you liked the view over the lake. As far as the food is concerned I regret that you were not entirely satisfied with it. I can explain that sometimes you can't remove all bones out of a trout as the bones are very thin. Secondly, there are couple of cream cake producers in Lake Bled; they basically taste similar, our advantage is use of exclusively natural materials and a long, sixty years old tradition of producing this famous desert. We have baked twelve million pieces by now. And I am glad that – as from other reviews – our guests like them.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Ate here on a not-very-busy Saturday night.
Sat down and it took us gesturing to the waitress before she came over with menus. She was somewhat... awkward? We placed our order and the food came quickly enough.
As vegans we often eat pizza without cheese which means you actually get a real sense of the flavours of the pizza without relying on the flavour of the cheese and this pizza was pretty bland. The crust was nice, but the rest of it was 'meh'. I know, you're probably thinking "why bother having pizza at all when there's no cheese?" but if all you're tasting is cheese, what's the point? Anyway...
We finished our pizza (we still had some left but wanted to take it back to the hotel for lunch the next day), and sat there.
And sat there.
We waited to catch one of the two waiter's eyes... and.. they steadfastly avoided eye contact, or chatted in the back.
Finally we caught the eye of one of the waiter's, and asked him if we could get the pizza to go. He said he'd get his colleague to take care of that (who had been waiting our table), and proceeded to go out back and stand around and chat, while his colleague served a table with a family. He then got a box down, and put it on the counter, but didn't walk the 10 steps over to give it to us! So we sat there and felt ignored some more until finally my husband got up to go pay, and even then he had to wait around for a while until our initial waiter came, gave us the box and we paid and left.
Maybe if you go here with a large family and have a huge order you'll have better service than we did, but I certainly wouldn't recommend this place.

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for visiting our PIzzeria Rikli. I am pleased to find out that the food was served quickly but wish to apologize for the rest of your experience. It is not acceptable to offer such level of services to our guests therefore I have already spoken to our F&B manager about the issue. I am therefore convinced that such situation will not repeat in future.

I still hope to be able to welcome you again and remain
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Me and my husband went to this place to enjoy summer evening, to have couple of drinks and to listen some good life a cappella music. And it was really nice evening.
Place was full but we didn't wait long for serves. They have the best cream cake in town.
Go, and visit them, you will experience that by your self!