Grand Hotel Toplice
US$238
US$129
Vila Bled(Bled)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdiving boardlake viewclassic hotelfive star hotelpanorama restauranta la carte restaurantindoor pooljunior suitelakeside roomrowing boatbled castlelakeside locationreception stafffabulous locationsitting roombled cream cakehotel guests
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent a week at the Toplice, the hotel was as much the destination for us as Lake Bled itself and I would not have stayed in any other hotel. I love its history and the fact that they have kept to the original as much as possible. I would argue that those reviewers who suggested that the hotel should be modernised don't really 'get' it and should have stayed in one of the many bland modern hotels around the lake. Nor is it tatty & 'unloved', I think it is well loved and looked after by staff & management. The impression I got was that they were proud of their hotel and its history.
The lounge is the centre-piece of the Toplice and is quite splendid. Our room was a tad small but otherwise fine and comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the "Wellness" spa & pool, a lovely place to relax and while away the time when it was cool & wet outside. The only thing that disturbed the serenity of the place was the non-resident day guests who chatted loudly with friends or worse, made loud phone calls whilst sitting by the pool. I wish the management could do something about that.
We were half board and the evening meals were good value (4 courses). The salad bar was very good, the soups are all home-made and delicious and there was a good choice of 5 mains and 3 desserts. The restaurant was often full with tour groups and the staff do work incredibly hard to get all the dishes served out to everyone.
We would love to go back one day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is an ok hotel in a great location but it is not a luxury hotel. Full of tour buses, etc. The service in the dining room as well as the restaurant is terrible. Service takes forever and they are rude. The room was ok but nothing special. Bedding was not comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Grand Hotel Toplice, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear guest,

May I thank you for staying at the Grand Hotel Toplice and for sharing your experience.
I am pleased to find out that you liked the hotel's location; however, our wish is to offer services which are much better than just OK therefore we pay a lot of attention to this issue. We will continue this way also in future.

Further, yes, occasionally we accommodate also groups; mostly they are small and consisting of individual guests.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again as we would like to improve your impression.
Sincerely yours,

SAVA HOTELS BLED
Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed for a week in June and its taken me a few months to write this review as I was not certain what I really felt. I enjoyed my time and Lake Bled is beautiful. Maybe the wonderful weather in June and the fact the hotel gave access for swimming in the lake is reflected in my rating. At the beginning there were some odd moments and the hotel felt as though it was only just operating efficiently. The waiting staff in the mornings seemed rather bemused that we wanted to sit outside for breakfast, although that got better later in the week. maybe the sudden onset of summer with a heatwave caught them out. I did not like the fact I had no choice of where I sat for evening meal.I was offered one of two tables and no I could not sit near the window and had that same table all week. I found the food a bit hit and miss, with some good meals but also some 'odd' combinations with a rather 80's feel at times. waiting staff obviously experienced and skilled at their role.
Unfortunately I was too late booking to secure a lakeside view and my room was small and dark. Luckily weather was so good spent little time in it.
Still not sure how I feel about the hotel. I think I would sum it up as faded charm but it grew on me,and I did enjoy it, but would I stay there again-still not sure.

Room Tip: Lakeside view a must..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank birdwatcher25
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you're trying to find professional, polite, friendly restaurant service at Bled in Slovenia, go to the Grand Hotel Toplice fine restaurant, and you'll make your up-market trip clients thankful. Hvala from the september 2013 Kreativ Tours Canadian group!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel with my husband and couldn't be happier with our choice. We stayed in a room overlooking the lake and it was beautiful. If you're coming all the way here, I think a view of the lake is a must. The hotel is very clean, well decorated and the staff was very helpful. The restaurant Juliana is delicious. The location is perfect and we had a very romantic stay. I also enjoyed the spa and the pool. The spa has specials on most days, which was nice. Definitely recommend it. The only thing I wish we had planned would be to spend a night in Lake Bohinj as well instead of driving there and back on the same day.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a lake view. It makes all the difference.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple