Stayed here with my wife and 2 children so we had 2 rooms...I opted to book with the hotel direct and sorted flights with the easy orange people rather than do the package thing...saved a fortune this way! I found the hotel really easy to deal with...spoke great English and were extremely helpful. I asked for 2 rooms overlooking the lake and thats exactly what we got...in fact we were delighted as the rooms were bang opposite the castle with possibly the best lake view.
The rooms were extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The Park has a sister hotel called Golf hotel which has a fantastic pool which is great for children - much better than the fairly bland pool in the park.
We tended to eat out most nights - bled has a good selection of resonable priced restaurants.
In terms of days out..you really need a car..
- Vintgar gorge is a must and just 20 minutes or so from bled - beautiful scenery here
- Ljubljana is a great compact capital city...about an hours drive but well worth it...good food, architecture etc...
- For a full day out we drove up to the Julian alps and over the vrsic pass...not for the faint hearted but again magnificent scenery...take a dip in the cystal clear soca river if you dare...its inviting in midsummer but still freezing cold! The route continued to Bovec then down to Tolmin where you can put your car on a train for the return to Bohinjska!..
- The castle is worth half a day out and you can walk to it from Bled town...We returned in the evening as their is a restaurant up there too...amazing place for an evening meal.
- A swim in the lake is a must..there is a small beach on the north side of the lake which is much nice than the one near the camping site to the west of the lake..and dont worry the water is geothermally heated so is great for swimming...hire some bikes to do this and you can cycle back right round the lake.
All in all a great family holiday and a real change from the usual beach vacation...plenty for adults and kids to do
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Park overlooks the spectacular Julian Alps and is located only a 15-minute walk from the beach. All of its 217 rooms and suites come with a private bathroom and balcony, a safe, a minibar, a satellite TV and offer a view of the magnificent Lake Bled or the park. In the hotel there is also a wellness centre with a large indoor pool and a gym. But this is the place to stay if you prefer outdoor activities, too. The nearby surroundings give countless options for an active holiday in the heart of nature. And remember to taste local specialties made from fresh ingredients and the most popular dessert – the Bled cream cake. Try it in the Park Restaurant and Cafe – where it was originally created, and enjoy it with a breath-taking view of the Lake Bled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Hotel Bled reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.