“Be careful”

Park Hotel Bled
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Bled
“Be careful”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Location is great and that's it. Be careful to ask for a room with the lake view when you are booking. Othervise you will not be able to convince sleepy (at 5pm) and impolite receptionists. I'm convinced there was a room since one of them was willing to accommodate us but the other refused upfront.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neven D
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for staying at out hotel Park.

We are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at hotel Park.

Thank you for your constructive comments. I ensure that your feedback will be shared with the team who will be most appreciative. I have also taken note on your comments on service at front desk - I am very sorry and I have to apologize for behaviour of receptionist. We have allready spoken with all staff about bad situation that has happened to you. Once again I apologize and promise that we will do everything that it will not happen again to any other guests.

Once again, we thank you for your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance, as I will be pleased to ensure the best of care.

Director of hotel operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First of all, you could dump me on the lawn anywhere around the lake and I probably could stay there forever. The Park Hotel is GORGEOUS- clean and well appointed and the VIEWS! Wow. The breakfast and dinner buffets are outstanding (have the fried fish filet, seriously, you will not regret it) in a fine dining with pretty place settings restaurant. The Park also holds the cafe property across the pedestrian walkway with perfect views of Bled Castle, St Martin's and the island. And of course... Kreme Schnitte. If you come here and do not have the Cream Cake, there is something truly unwell in you. It's PERFECT.
Our only issue was with the unique patio doors. They require a degree in mechanical engineering (at one point my mother claimed I "broke" it.) Once we mastered it, sadly, it was time to move on. We will return.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake are primo, but any room is good. Get outside and walk around, take a pletn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Sava Hotels Bled and to hotel Park in particular.

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadwisor about your recent stay at hotel Park.
We were pleased to read your feedback and thank you for your constructive comments. We consistently endeavour to deliver the highest quality of service, with a warm, genuine and friendly approach, and I ensure that your feedback will be shared with the team who will be most appreciative.

I have taken note on your comments. We are always happy to read such a lovely review. And we are very proud of our cream cake - kremšnita cake and we agree with you - it is perfect evan if you eat it every day. Patio doors are a little complicated, we agree with you, but we are more that happy to help our guests wit opening this doors.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is located very close to Lake Bled and is in a truly magical area, just like a fairy-tale. The room was clean and comfortable, and the service was of a high standard. Breakfast was delicious and included a wide range of hot and cold items that were attractively presented. There was a ‘tree’ view from the spacious balcony, but the rooms on the other side would have had magnificent views of the beautiful lake and mountains. If one doesn’t have a lake view from the room, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy this vista from the main reception area, which has comfortable lounge areas and large ‘picture’ windows, or from the dining areas. A really great idea is the ‘viewing platform’ from which one can ‘soak in the atmosphere’ and take fabulous photographs of the lake and surrounding areas. This is easily accessed and certainly worth a visit if you are trying to capture the perfect photo shot from a high vantage point. The view is stunning – the lake is a beautiful colour and the water has a great reflective aspect. The small island in the lake is very pretty. One can sit back and relax on an enjoyable boat-ride to the island in an old-fashioned ‘row boat’. The hotel is within walking distance of excellent restaurants, many of which have superb views of the lake.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jill3216_13
Dear Guest,

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at hotel Park.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely hotel in a fantastic setting. I was a single with a travel company, and my room was a double on the 3rd floor with a park view. Very noisy with lots of traffic. The food was great with plenty of variety, the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. This is a lovely hotel but would recommend a lake view room. The area is amazing, I would love to return sometime.

Room Tip: I had a Park View room on the 3rd floor. Because the World Cup was on the Cafe opposite became very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay and nice review.
I was pleased to find out that you were satisfied with the hotel's services. I am only sorry about some noise - hotel is situated directly in the town center which brings also higher concentration of guests around it. On the other hand, majority of attractions are near by...
Dear guest, hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Sincerely yours with kind regards from Lake Bled,

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel Park is ideally situated on the bank of Lake Bled, what a wonderful position, overlooking the lake with the Austrian Mountains providing the back drop. The hotel itself is extremely efficient with the staff being very helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble. Rooms are comfortable and the buffet meals were excellent with a lot of choice and plenty of it. I will definitely return to Lake Bled and explore of the surrounding scenery.

Room Tip: Top floor gives better views of the lake
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gary O
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Park and for sharing your experience. I was pleased to find out that you were satisfied with hotel's services and location.
Welcome back anytime!

Fedja Pobegajlo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We revisited the Park Hotel 30 years after we spent our honeymoon there and had a lovely time.

It's a two hour flight from London and we used 3t Bled for the transfer. The driver was waiting as we came through Ljubljana airport. Bled was 30 minutes drive.

I had emailed the hotel in advanced to check my reservation. Elvira, the manageress, organised a terrific room for us (515), with a lounge area, walk in wardrobe and a balcony with a beautiful view of the lake. Bathroom had normal facilities with shower attachment and a hair dryer. There was a minibar, safe and wifi.

Elvira even arrange a bottle of something nice and some fruit on our anniversary (thanks again).

There is a good size pool, jacuzzi, sun terrace and small gym on the fifth floor as well as 2 pcs with internet access for guests to use. Dining area is on the ground floor. We stayed B & B; breakfast was buffet style with cereal, fruit, toast, cakes and cooked options. As a veggie I'd have preferred some mushrooms and beans but the blueberry dumplings were an excellent compromise. The hotel offers full/half board and you can also pay to have the buffet dinner.

Service is quietly efficient, everyone's polite, friendly and helpful. Bathroom towels were always changed whilst we we're at breakfast.

We tried to revisit the places that we had seen 30 years ago, a lap around the lake, Vintgar Gorge, Postojna Caves, Bled Island and the Castle. We also booked to have a meal at Bled Castle and were given a terrific table overlooking the lake. Also recommended, if you can manage it, is a walk up Straza. The view from the top is amazing and there is a small café where you can sit to enjoy the vista and maybe a cold beer!

Lots of places to eat out - The Grill just up the road from the Park Hotel has bottles of English beer if you are feeling homesick!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake. 515 was fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
May I thank you for your return visit after so many years!
I was pleased to find out that you were satisfied with hotel's services and Lake Bled's and Slovenia's attractions.
Dear guest, I hope that you decide to visit us for the third time :)
Besides, thank you for your comments regarding Elvira's work - it is always nice to find out that guests recognize staff's commitment.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room in this hotel looks like a crime scene. Spots on then carpet and wall. No air conditioning, which would be okay except, if you leave the windows open, the noise from the busy street is very disturbing. Hotel was booked through Grand Circle Travel. They have a loan threshold of pain. When I complained to the desk I got an upsell. Maybe they clean the rooms on the lakeside. I think there are many more options in this town, and more tour companies.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the dirty ones. Maybe try Globes tours. They tell me the lake side are cleaner. They r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay at our Hotel Park.
I was surprised when reading your review as we have many very positive guests' comments. We have renovated one half of the hotel's rooms last and this year and rest of the rooms are not older than eight years. We plan to completely renovate the hotel's facade too.
Generally the climate in Lake Bled to not too hot and nights are cool. As hotel is located directly in the town centre sometimes some noise occurs also in late evenings.
Anyway, I wish to apologize if your stay hasn't met your expecations. I hope that you still decide to visit us again as we wish to convince you with our services next time.