“Great location”
Review of Park Hotel Bled

Park Hotel Bled
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There is no air conditioning, which really isn't needed in the alpine area , this hotel is quite good. Location is excellent right on the lake, in middle of town, so options for dining close by. Breakfast buffet was good quality, staff friendly and very helpful. Only downside was our room was at the front of hotel and some nights music from across the road could be heard quite loudly in our room.
If possible ask for a room that overlooks the lake at the back and you will not have the noise.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking lake are quieter .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canddsyd
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Bled

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The full size swimming pool has a great view and opens at 6. Breakfast is huge and they offer everything you could ever want. Clean, quiet. What you would expect from a good hotel. They don't offer the extras you would expect from a 4 star hotel however.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ivebeeneverywhere99
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We were pleased to read your feedback and are glad that you had an overall pleasant experience. I have also taken notice on your comments on extras you were expecting from our 4 star hotel. We are offering different kind of services and trying to improve every year. We understand that standards all over the world are every year higher and we really are doing our best to satisfy our guests. Once again thank you for your review.

Once again, we thank you for your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance, as I will be pleased to ensure the best of care.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went with a tour, and we were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Lake view rooms are amazing. Rooms were large and comfortable with free Wifi. if you are a US traveler, a suggestion to pack a twin flat sheet. Many European hotels give you a very comfortable duvet with a clean cover- this is great for cold nights, but if the temperatures are warmer, it can leave you with the dilemma of covering up with the duvet and sweating, or left with no cover at all. Keep curtains closed if you are out of the room in summer to prevent the afternoon sun from heating the room.

The breakfasts were amazing with a variety of excellent meats, cheeses, fruits, eggs and other choices. Be aware that they will charge per item if you take anything out of the dining room Better just to eat your fill, and hydrate!

Room Tip: Lake view 2nd floor and above
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Sava Hotels Bled and to hotel Park in particular.

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at hotel Park.

We were pleased to read your feedback. We consistently endeavour to deliver the highest quality of service, with a warm, genuine and friendly approach, and I ensure that your feedback will be shared with the team who will be most appreciative.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Long ago before the days of Trip Advisor and when it was still Yugoslavia we had our honeymoon at the Park Hotel in Bled. Returning for our silver wedding, its still a great hotel in a stunning setting.
This time we upgraded to a lake view (couldn't afford it 25 years ago!) and it was worth every penny. Surely there can't be a more beautiful view from a hotel room anywhere in the world. Absolutely stunning by day and night, especially on the 4th floor where we were. Thanks to the hotel for the wine and fruit waiting in our room for our anniversary-- a nice touch.
The buffet food was a pleasant surprise, varied,hot and tasty. we had planned to eat out one night,but didn't bother as the food was very good.
The staff throughout were friendly and polite and efficient.
The indoor pool and sun terrace were great as well, except for the stupid system they have for the pool towels. You have to get a 'towel card' from reception which they don't always have. This confuses the pool staff who then tell you to bring towels from your room then don't want to change them when you have finished because you didn't have a 'towel card' which the reception wouldn't give me!!. This is a rubbish system and needs changing. We had issues every time we wanted to use the pool. It cause guests grief, and had me running from reception on the ground floor to pool on the fifth floor and to my room on the fourth floor all so I could use the pool. Management, please note!! We weren't the only ones with these problems.
Other than that small issue, it was a great stay,in a great location, and with the lake view rooms,its fantastic.

Room Tip: Get a high floor lake view room. Its worth paying for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Badcat110

Dear Guest,

first of all, warm congratulations for your silver wedding and we are glad that you decided to return to the very same hotel after 25 years. It was our pleasure to welcome you here again.

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the stay on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to read your feedback and thank you for your praises as well as constructive comments. I have taken note on your comments on service at swimming pool. I am very sorry and I have to apologize for behaviour of swimming pool staff. We had already spoken with all staff about bad situation that has happened to you and like you said, to other guests too. Once again I apologize and promise that we will do everything to improve the system with pool towels. And we have to thank you for all good comments you’ve written.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was my first time to Slovenia and it was truly amazing. I had a single room (which was a double) but I was travelling with my parents. It was pricey overall for a single but well worth it. We both had Lake views and the view was fantastic (3rd Floor). I even slept with the curtains open each night as I could see the Castle (which is lit up every night) from my bed. The room was clean and had plenty of space and good size balcony. The location of the Hotel was perfect. The food was great lots of choice and different choices each night, so it was hard to choose what to have as they did not cook the same thing twice in 1 weeks stay. My only constructive criticism was that because people kept opening the lids the food was just warm. However we arrived for dinner most nights at 7.15pm so the first rush was over and they were topping up with hot food. Even so I would not hesitate to book here again. Slovenia is a truly amazing place with wonderful scenery. I would recommend Slovenia to anyone and this Hotel.

Room Tip: Lake View and the high the better I am told (level 3 was good)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare171
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Park Hotel Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are always very happy for having satisfied guests. And we are trying to do everything to make you and other guests feel good and comfortable with us.

With warm regards,
Mojca Krašovec, director of hotels operations

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Location is great and that's it. Be careful to ask for a room with the lake view when you are booking. Othervise you will not be able to convince sleepy (at 5pm) and impolite receptionists. I'm convinced there was a room since one of them was willing to accommodate us but the other refused upfront.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neven D

Thank you for staying at out hotel Park.

We are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at hotel Park.

Thank you for your constructive comments. I ensure that your feedback will be shared with the team who will be most appreciative. I have also taken note on your comments on service at front desk - I am very sorry and I have to apologize for behaviour of receptionist. We have allready spoken with all staff about bad situation that has happened to you. Once again I apologize and promise that we will do everything that it will not happen again to any other guests.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

First of all, you could dump me on the lawn anywhere around the lake and I probably could stay there forever. The Park Hotel is GORGEOUS- clean and well appointed and the VIEWS! Wow. The breakfast and dinner buffets are outstanding (have the fried fish filet, seriously, you will not regret it) in a fine dining with pretty place settings restaurant. The Park also holds the cafe property across the pedestrian walkway with perfect views of Bled Castle, St Martin's and the island. And of course... Kreme Schnitte. If you come here and do not have the Cream Cake, there is something truly unwell in you. It's PERFECT.
Our only issue was with the unique patio doors. They require a degree in mechanical engineering (at one point my mother claimed I "broke" it.) Once we mastered it, sadly, it was time to move on. We will return.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake are primo, but any room is good. Get outside and walk around, take a pletn...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We certainly value your patronage and are very appreciative of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadwisor about your recent stay at hotel Park.
We were pleased to read your feedback and thank you for your constructive comments. We consistently endeavour to deliver the highest quality of service, with a warm, genuine and friendly approach, and I ensure that your feedback will be shared with the team who will be most appreciative.

I have taken note on your comments. We are always happy to read such a lovely review. And we are very proud of our cream cake - kremšnita cake and we agree with you - it is perfect evan if you eat it every day. Patio doors are a little complicated, we agree with you, but we are more that happy to help our guests wit opening this doors.