Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews president tito private beach historic hotel great history communist era lake view there is no air conditioning conference room free boat hotel guests swimming area wonderful hotel bit dated free of charge breakfast was excellent vila belvedere
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2018

My wife and I stayed for one night in a room designed for a Prince and his retinue. There were three large rooms, a large desk suited for a CEO, closets galore, and a bathroom larger than some hotel rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful, parking was easy, and the views of Lake Bled were lovely. The hotel features some interesting artwork and one room has a large, interesting, and colorful mural that is a relic from the Communist era. It is exciting to know that some of the world's great men and women were guests of Marshall Tito at this villa. It is also nice to report that the mattress was not a relic and was quite new and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2018
Maja B, Public Relations Manager at Vila Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Martin,
thank you for your description and funny comment about the mattress ;)
We love guests with great sense of humour.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The location and view are impeccable in lake bled. However, the interior facilities, food and service are kinda disappointing. With 4 star rating, we thought it should be better. Room is big but the bed is too bad to sleep with. Even if you can adjust its softness, it’s still the difficult bad I have ever slept in my travel experience. My husband and I both got back hurt in the morning. Anyway, recommended for view but nothing else.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018

It only takes about 1 hour from Wörthersee in Austria to get to Bled in Slovenia.
Bled is a very pretty village, located on Lake Bled. The vegetation is very lush and green, there are wonderful hills around the lake. A lot of beautiful places can be discovered, for example an interesting castle, or a small island in the lake.

Vila Bled is a very calm hotel that is located in a big, pretty park with wonderful old trees and flowers. I was here in july, and hydrangeaes (hortensia flowers) were at its peak.
The views (onto the lake) from this hotel are amazing, the park is most inviting and lovely.

If I would return to Bled, I would only stay at this hotel. I looked at the other equivalent hotels. One of them is located directly on the lake. But I found Vila Bled miles more beautiful. This hotel has a touch of old world charm, and I love this.

The staff was very sympathetic and friendly.

Room tip: Lake view rooms are fantastic
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2018

We loved Lake Bled, and we know we will be back, but we probably will not stay at the Vila Bled again. It is not that anything bad happened. It is a place that should be done... once.

My favorite activity while we were here was to sit in our suite (we had 315) open the windows and enjoy the perfect view of the lake and caste and island from my room. It IS the Lake Bled post card. Good view of sunrise, and the castle changes colour and atmosphere all day long, I did not need to leave my chair. It was WONDERFUL.

The room is large but its Spartan and not very comfortable. It is decorated like a 1980s dorm room, and the bed is effectively an expensive air mattress... if you get the air right its ok, but if not it is ruinously uncomfortable. The mosquitos are unpleasant: it is a catch 22 to really enjoy the room you need the windows open, but in come the mosquitos.

The restaurant was a little disappointing. Generally hotel food is either bland, boring, or unoriginal. This overshot what I generally want... it was extremely ambitious, but not well conceived. Each dish had 8-10 unique elements, but not enough focus or harmony. Basically it was complicated for the purpose of being complicated.

The staff is fine, although a little cold. The housekeeping was a little lackluster (did not replace toilet paper, and did not tidy the room, only made the bed and replaced the towels).

The breakfast was fine, though some fresh baked pastries and more hot items would have been appreciated.

You come to Bled for the scenery and the Vila does NOT disappoint. I have mental and actual pictures for a lifetime... I am very glad I did this, but I don't need to return.

This could be a world beater resort. It has endless potential, but right now it is a collection of priceless views around a midrange hotel.

Room tip: Room 315, fantastic views
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel_CC9564SW
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Our room overlooked the lake and island - what a view. It was a good size with a balcony and large, comfortable bed.
Although the bathroom was small, it did everything it was supposed to.
On our first night, we had dinner included and didn't expect much - normally, in my experience, these included dinners can be a real disappointment. I needn't have worried. It was delicious and beautifully presented at our terrace table. The wine was also excellent - both the red and the sparkling white. As the evening wore on and it became pretty cool, we were supplied with blankets which kept us all cosy.
We used the sauna and jacuzzi - the stem room wasn't working - both evenings and had the place to ourselves. We didn't borrow a hotel boat as we ran out of time, but we would if we return.
The staff we met were all very helpful and friendly. I've read some bad reviews about the staff here, but I guess you get what you give. They were great with us and couldn't do enough to help. The receptionist had to keep ringing the Sova Bled restaurant to get us a reservation but she kept going until she got through and then left a message for us confirming the timing.
Breakfasts were truly amazing - including bubbly (and fresh orange juice if you wanted to make buck's fizz). I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have been happy, with the possible exception of those who want a full English even though they're abroad. I expect they would have made an English if we'd asked!

Room tip: Lake view rooms are the best.
Date of stay: September 2018