All reviews lake bled artificial flowers two bedroom suite breathtaking place tea making facilities booked a family room complimentary upgrade road noise entrance hall local attractions pleasant stroll perfect place to relax eggs cooked great lake view pletna boat living area walk into town
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place gave us the royal treatment, without a doubt. I would highly recommend it. The staff could not have been more friendly and the accomodations were way beyond what we expected, as we were upgraded at check-in. The food was great also at the restaurant with breakfast including bacon, ham omelette and eggs included, not just a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Richard V
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our stay at Villa Istra was wonderful. The hotel itself is gorgeous - more of a large house, actually. The location is superb - it's secluded, but only a short walk to boat rentals to go to the island, and only about a 10-15 minute walk into town. The room was fantastic - we stayed in a room with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, and balcony. It was beautiful and comfortable. However, the best thing about the hotel were the people working there. Because it is a small hotel, they are able to be more personal. The driver, Gal, was fantastic, and picked us up from the airport. The chef, Miha Dolinar, was amazing - some of the best food I've ever had. He prepares everything daily, with local ingredients - many from the hotel's garden. We were given two free dinners and breakfasts with our room. The owner and others were likewise very friendly and welcoming, and even gave us a lift to the train station early in the morning. Thank you for making our stay in Bled wonderful, Villa Istra!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Vila Istra, the most expensive hotel of our 2 week trip but worth it. The location is ideal - a km or so out of the town, & just across the road from the lakeshore. It still has the feel of the 19th century private home that it once was - the exterior looks full of character & the interior is decorated & furnished to the highest standards. We had a "family suite" on the top floor, which consisted of a smallish bedroom, a large living area with comfy sofa, a stereo system & an enormous TV, a lovely bathroom with bath, shower, bidet & his'n'hers sinks, a small "kitchen" corner with kettle & fridge , & loads of storage. It was billed a having lake views, but unfortunately these weren't a good as we'd expected - only one small window in each of the bedroom & the living area, the rest of the natural light being from sky-light / Velux type windows. The biggest downside was the surprisingly busy road which ran right past the building, but it wasn't too bad at night. We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel, as it was only available as 4 courses & we simply don't eat that much in one sitting - but there were plenty of nice restaurants in easy walking distance. We "treated" ourselves to breakfast on our last morning, & felt that despite the excellent poached eggs it was a bit over priced at 12 Euros pp. We hired bikes at the same sort of rate as available in town (but more convenient, obviously) & a member of the family team drove us to Lesce Bled station on our departure for less than a taxi would have cost. We were also glad to be able to use the computor in the reception area. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, & although it was a bit pricey we would recommend it to others

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaz_n_Gill
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Lake Bled was just a side trip for our 1 month Europe vacation- came the best place we'd stay especially our hotel which was amazing, beautiful, very lovely as they set our dinner table in the veranda overlooking the famous Lake Bled, that was very special moment for our family as we visited Slovenia for the first time... Our waiter, Dejan did a great job for making our dinner a very memorable one and while we are taking our delicious food, two lovely ladies went up to fix and ready my two sons bed, I think they are mother & daughter who owns the hotel, thanks to them who made our stay a lovely one, my wife loves the smell of their room from blanket to pillows, even their bubble bath soap, all of us experienced to use their bath with honeysuckle scented - a great feeling to end your happyfilled day... Of all the hotels we've stayed during our month vacations- this is the best ...! Definitely we will come back soon and would highly recommend this beautiful to everyone who wants to see Lake Bled... Thanks also to Gal, who picked us from Lesce Bled then brought us to Ljubljana early morning of our check-out, to Denis too, thank you for our 1 day spectacular stay - you made our day the best day of our whole trip in 16 countries...!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a great time during my stay. The hotel was across the street from the walking path, and it was about a five minute walk to the boats that take you to the island. The views from the hotel are breathtaking. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious also. Even though I arrived at the hotel about 13:30 I was able to spend about an hour on Bled Island, and walk to the castle and spend about an hour there. I made it back to Bled before it became dark, and had dinner there. I highly recommend this hotel, and I recommend that everyone who has the chance should visit Lake Bled. All the people I met there were so friendly! At two different places they gave me free souvenirs!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo