“Stay here, Best hostel I have ever stayed in”

Ace of Spades Hostel
Ranked #7 of 94 Speciality Lodging in Bled
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have recently travelled around Europe and this was one of the best I have ever stayed in. The host was so nice and welcoming he sat us down and talked through every step of the trip. We could even get 10% off at local attractions and restaurants. It was clean, quiet, fun and very exciting. I would highly recommend staying here

Room Tip: We choose a 4 bed dorm for more privacy but huge lockers are provided!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Absolutely perfect hostel. Location was great, really close to the bus station and the staff are excellent, so helpful and friendly. Definitely planning on coming back. Would even bring my mother which is saying a lot

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Ace of Spades was perfect for our stay in Lake Bled. It is located a short walk from both the castle and the lake, and close to restaurants and bars. The service was fantastic, as Jake, who runs the hostel, was extremely friendly and helpful, and had many great recommendations. The free trip offered by the hostel to the Vintgar gorge is highly recommended, offering great views. It was clean and well equipped, with a nice outdoors area. The hostel is perfect for those travelling both alone or on a group, as common areas and large rooms made it perfect to meet new people. Those staying in the hostel also get reduced prices for certain restaurants and activities.

1  Thank emc33
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Ace of spades was one of the most social hostels I've state in! The hostel owner Jake was the most helpful guy ever! It was really good value for money, very clean and well serviced, jake was there for any questions you could have, He even hooked us up with great deals!
I'm already looking forward to my next stay

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Im always saying I will review hostels but this was worth taking the time to rave about the excellence of this hostel. From the minute we got there till the minute we checked out Jaka the manager of the hostel and Klemen the owner bent over backwards to ensure that our stay in Lake Bled was enjoyable and hassle free. On check in we sat down to find out where everything in town was and how to get discounts set up by the hostel at activities and restaurants. A great help for backpackers. From the minute we got there we knew we had fallen in love and wanted to spend more time here and the staff made this very easy for us, extending our stay without any problems (seems like this is very common as this place is amazing). The free tour to the gorge and look out was the highlight of my stay with ace of spades, the customer service is like nothing I've ever received in my 8 years of backpacking. Klemen even took us on a sunrise view of the lookout point.

The hostel is clean all the time, in a great position just about 200m from the lake, has comfortable beds and good wifi. I will send all my friends to this place without hesitation

Well done boys on such a fantastic hostel

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had originally booked 2 nights from the 31st, but had to arrive and leave a day earlier. On checking online, no rooms were available, but we still called up the hostel. They changed our dates without any hassle and without charging extra!

Staff is really helpful, and we were given a band that gives a 10% discount in some restaurants.
They organize free trips to Vintgar Gorge!

The location is very good, 150 meters from the Bled bus stop, and easily walk-able to the castle or the lake. There are lots of places to eat around nearby, and there is a place with 1.35 euros for cheese toast nearby (mentioned at the hostel).
There is a kitchen and free Wifi, and lots pf places to hang around.

There are 4 showers on the ground floor, and 4 toilets on the first floor for the whole building and we did not have any issues.. Though, I wonder if this might be a problem during peak season?
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, will definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Some of the advertised places (Fast food), do not give a 10% discount even on showing the band. Thi...
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This is the bestest place ive stayed in so far on my travels through europe. Its clean, comfy beds and close to the prettiest lake in a lovely town. The staff are friendly and will book activities and arrange transportation for you. They advise you on the best places to go and where to get good food. You will also get discount from staying in this hostel. Such a welcoming place and a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014