“Nice, friendly, professional!”
Review of Golf Hotel Bled

Golf Hotel Bled
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have used the services of the Golf Hotel, while staying at a nearby Savica hotel, and the service was very good. Staff is helpful and friendly. Food was nice, fresh and tasty. Offered leisure and wellness facilities were rather fine. The swimming pool is great and offers good fun to both kids and adults, and wellness was at high standard. I was using the bike rental all the time. We used conference facilities and everything was at high standard. I would recommend the hotel to all wanting either holiday or business facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our third stay in lake Bled , previously we have stayed at the beautiful Mayer next door but it was full when we booked so next best we thought would be the Golf. First the positives. The view is breathtaking , Lake Bled is stunning and we had a lake view room so no complaints. The rooms are very clean and our towels and linen were changed daily so again no complaints. The facilities are great the Wellness Centre and Spa are lovely and we found the staff very helpful ,so I guess judging from other reviews it depends which members of staff you deal with . Now the not so positives , the food is mediocre , breakfast was ok ,but then it's hard to get breakfast wrong I think. dinner in my opinion was poor , so much so that we went to dinner a few times and instead decided to go out and eat .
The rooms , we had AC which was ok but not great , the hair dryer ! One of those useless plastic hose things which I never understand anyone could think of as useful in any way! There are only two places in Bled that stay open late but if you have your balcony door open you can hear the noise .

Overall our stay at the golf was ok but my preference would definitely be one of the smaller family hotels .
This review is about the facilities of the hotel but believe me lake Bled is stunning and peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoseyUk
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Hotel Golf.

I am pleased that you liked the view, cleanliness, and wellness center and staff helpfulness.
I am sorry to read that you were not entirely satisfied with the food as we pay a lot of attention to this issue. We will even increase our efforts in order to meet our guests' expectations.
As far as the hair driers are concerned, we use hair driers, produced for hotels; we will be more careful about future purchases.

Hopefully you decide to visit Lake Bled for the fourth time; it would be our pleasure to welcome you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Overall this is a brilliant hotel, the wellness centre ( pool ) was one of the best I've been to and all the staff were incredibly friendly, finally both the breakfast and buffet dinner were fresh although some mains were pretty bland. However the rooms need updating a little as some of the interior is dated. A second point is the large amount of kids running round in the reception area and dining room, although I don't mind it so much I could see it been a problem for couples hoping for a relaxing break. However I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit the picturesque bled.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave_Swfc

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for choosing our Hotel Golf for your stay in Lake Bled.
Secondly, I am pleased to find out that you liked our wellness center, friendliness of the staff and the food.

As far as the room interior is concerned, we will do some maintenance works after season ends. I agree that we had a lot of family guests this season so this was the reason of seeing many children. During school holidays there are more families in the hotel; mostly they visit our family Hotel Savica but use restaurant and wellness center at the Hotel Golf as well.

Dear guest, I hope to be able to welcome you again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast, but we were there in November and almost everything was closed. We just showed up and they gave a nice room at a nice price. The staff spoke numerous languages and were very professional.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The outlook of this building I admit looks like a car park or block of flats DO NOT be put off.
The interior is very modern but with a cosy feel (much better than the sister Park Hotel) wood and marble everywhere and spotlessly clean.The room I had was huge with a great bathroom and balcony, even if this wasn't a lake view.The staff very very polite and helpful and always gave you a good morning or evening.The food ,buffet style, was very good with a great choice with excellent desserts.Also the pool (they call the area The Wellness Centre) is again excellent and clean but does get busy.Would book again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel was functional and worked well, staff were efficient, although service with a smile doesn't seem to be a priority. I booked a room with a view, and got a corner room with a drop dead view over the lake - truly stunning.
The single room was spacious for one, with a functional shower and bathroom. The hotel was in the same square as all the other hotels in touristy parts of Bled, i.e. next door to Kompass, Golf and another slightly cheaper one. The pool area was lovely, but packed every day so I didn't use, it, but it is a short walk (down many steps) to reach the lake for a swim there.
I will definitely return to Bled.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tompel
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It was our second family trip to Bled and we booked a Golf Hotel by impression , this is the best hotel in Bled in additional to great SPA Ziva Center which we visited once last year. The agent booked for us two rooms with AC, with the Lake view.Bled met us with the record temperature + 35 C. On the reception we made a fast registration and after a short discussion we got connected rooms . The first surprise when we arrived to the rooms - they had no AC. On the reception we were explained that they have no more rooms with AC and the Hotel is full... at least we had a lake view.. and luckily we got the last fan from the reception..
The same night we were unable to sleep up to the early morning as we had to keep balcony open the whole night and listening to live music & noise from all the restaurants.The next morning we were trying again to get rooms with AC , but without any success. Reception desk had the same answer - no AC rooms.. Later on we heard as one Russian agent boasted to their group that only they had AC rooms...

Ziva Center planned to be a good option for evening relaxation and on the first three days we were really enjoying it. However on the 4th day of our stay one of our kids got sick and my wife was sure that he got a virus in the pool of the Ziva Center, when going down from the water slide.The breakfast was OK , however better to get there before 9:00 , when tourist groups are leaving for excursions.The Veranda restraint was very friendly and we really enjoyed the staff and food there.

Bled is the great place, however after unforgettable holidays last year in Triglav Hotel we were really depressed by the Golf Hotel this year...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Golf Hotel Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for choosing our Hotel Golf for your stay in Lake Bled.

When reading your review I realized that generally you were satisfied with your stay, but missed the air conditioning. There are some hotel rooms which are not air conditioned, therefore I apologize. We try to help with the fans…However, I have some good news: we are planning to finish the air conditioning before next main season which makes me convinced that we will increase the level of our guests' satisfaction.

I am also glad that you enjoyed visiting the Ziva Spa Center. I am sorry about your child, however we can't be sure where the virus came from. Anyway, I hope your child is alright now.
Dear guest, hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.
Best regards from Lake Bled,