Garni Hotel Jadran
US$97
Priceline
US$305
US$329
All reviewsbled castlebreakfast roomplenty of hot waterno air constayed two nightsview of the lakean upgradesingle roomlocation is greativygarniworkabletelevisionchannels
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had booked a standard room at Hotel Trst but when we arrived the sign indicated the hotel was closed and referred us to Hotel Jadran just around the corner. The hotels are both in the Sava Group of hotels. The hotel Jadran is an older style hotel in need of renovation but it is a great location and very good value for us compared to other options. Our room was on the first floor and had fabulous views of the lake and castle and included a balcony. The bed was two singles pushed together and didn't have much give in It, but we both slept ok. There was central heating, TV had lots of channels including a lot in English. There was a desk, a fridge and a mini room safe (not big enough for an iPad). The decor is quite old, the bathroom old fashioned but very workable, good shower over a deep bath and a bidet. Breakfast was included and it was a reasonable spread of hot and cold items, including fruit and pastries. Everything was very nice except for the coffee which needs major improvement. Staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. Free wifi with good reception in the rooms as well as a computer in the foyer available for guest use.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Williams17
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked this hotel through hotels.com where it clearly stated the room had a balcony with view over the lake. Having read other reviews stating they had booked the same but been put in the attic with no balcony or even a window you could look out I decided to email the hotel directly to confirm we had a room with a lake view balcony. The exact email response from receptor Saso was 'of course ' followed by 'a most beautiful room'. Despite this as you have probably guessed by now we arrived to be given the key to a room in the attic with no balcony or window you could see out. I am getting a bit fed up with booking rooms that blatantly don't match the advertised description. I kicked up a bit of a fuss and insisted the receptionist read my email correspondence and we eventually were given a room with an amazing view. It still annoyed me though that he seemed to think he was doing us a favour rather than just giving us what we had booked.

Apart from this the bed was agony and the room did not have the promised mini bar. It did have a fridge which didn't seem to be working and only one socket with a choice to plug in the tv or the fridge. The bathroom had 1970 style brown tiles and a cracked basin.

Breakfast was reasonable except for the usual Luke warm water to make drinks with.

We booked this hotel for the view which was truly lovely once we got the room we booked - without the view I simply would not stay here.

Room Tip: A room with a view is the only reason to stay here !
2  Thank merryweather29
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for staying at the Hotel Jadran and for sharing your experience.
I have checked the situation about your room allocation and would like to apologize because the lake view room hasn't been immediately offered to you. Obviously it must have been a misunderstanding. I also regret if our front staff member hasn't communicated the information properly.

Besides, I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with a view. As far as the hotel interior is concerned, we are aware of the fact that the hotel hasn't been refurbished for a while. This is also the reason why we changed total flooring and lighting this spring. We plan to continue this way also in future.

Dear guest, I hope to be able to welcome you again and convince you with our services.
Best regards from Lake Bled,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Difficult to rate this hotel ! The views from our balcony overlooking the lake were wonderful and the friendly man on reception was lovely. But, the hotel is VERY dated ( scruffy really ) and badly in need of refurbishment. Breakfast just about acceptable - had much better in other hotels.
Having said that our room was clean, if somewhat small.
Would we stay again ? Maybe not...........

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with lake view
1  Thank oscardog1
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying at our Hotel Jadran and for your review.
I am pleased to find out that you liked the views and specially friendliness of our front desk staff and cleanliness of the rooms.

Secondly, I would like to apologize as the hotel hasn't been renovated recently. However, we are aware of the fact that it needs some refreshment; this it the reason why we changed whole flooring and lighting this year and will continue with some improvements also next year. I am therefore convinced to improve our guest’s satisfaction with their stay in future.
May I thank you also for your remark about the breakfast – we will immediately add some ingredients and improve its quality.

I wish that we will be able to welcome you again and remain
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Well rather than fill the page with all that's bad I will tell you the good. 1. The most amazing view in Bled from a superb balcony. 2. The very warm and friendly welcome from the man on reception. That is where it stops. The only 2 redeeming features which is why I say 'poor' and not 'terrible'. I will let you imagine the rest but suffice it to say if it's a good nights sleep, in a modern hotel, in a clean room with a decent breakfast you want for your money - stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Beware the man at 6.45 blowing leaves around the car park trying to clear it for 'delegates'. Seriously it's loud and goes on for about an hour - take earplugs!
3  Thank Jacquila_Sayers
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear guest,

May I thank you for your stay at Hotel Jadran.

I agree with you that the views are stunning as the hotel is located very close to the lake. Further, I am pleased to find out that you liked our reception staff services.
As far as the hotel's interior is concerned, we made smaller refurbishment (flooring, lighting) this year and plan to continue with renovations also in future. Of course we wish to keep the traditional character of the hotel. I am therefore convinced, that your possible next stays – which we hope for – will meet your expectations.
Best regards from Lake Bled,

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at the Jadran for 3 nights in early August. We'd booked a lake view room and had read previous reviews so knew what we'd be getting... namely, a good location with views over the lake but that the hotel overall was a bit dated. Staff we met were all pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient. Our room on the first floor did look upon the lake, the castle and the hills beyond (once you'd looked over the car park!) - see photos I've added. The double bedroom was quite small and there was no air con but there was a fan provided, which was powerful and quiet (and much needed in the heatwave!) We had a small fridge, wardrobe, dressing table/mirror and old-style television. The bathroom was dated (tiles looked like they were original 1970s ones, which we didn't mind as we like that style anyway!) but well equipped and quite clean, although a bit dark. Hairdryer didn't work though. The balcony looked like it needed a good sweep but it had a pretty view especially with the ivy framing the view (although there were a lot of wasps flying around the ivy, but to be fair they didn't bother us on the balcony itself or come into the room). The hotel was easy to find from the bus 'station' and quite central, being close to, but set back off, the main road and the promenade walks around the lake. Very close to the chair lift/toboggan run (good fun!) Didn't use the facilities of the better sister hotel across the road that were allegedly open to us - there was too much to do in and around the area! Wi-fi was free but a bit hit'n'miss with connection. There was a PC in the lobby that was free to use. General hotel decor is a bit dingy in areas (corridors) but we had no bad experiences so would recommend as long as you understand what you're paying for mostly is the location. For the same price we got a far better quality hotel in Ljubljana city but then, this is Bled - and the scenery is worth it!

Room Tip: A lake view is very much worth the bit extra! It makes up for the hotel's shortfalls ;-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple