“russell and pat”

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Bled
London, United Kingdom
“russell and pat”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for three nights on a cheap weekend break. The hotel is a very nice old building which we found very charming and did not expect luxury as the whole Saturday to Tuesday break was very inexpensive. The room had a balcony which although did not overlook the lake was adequate for our needs, lets face it when you go on holiday you do not spend that much time in your room. The hotel staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful and we would return there again .I would like to thank them all for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,

May I thank you for choosing our Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled and also for your review.

I am pleased to find out that you liked your stay; thank you for your comments regarding staff. I will gladly pass your message to them.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Serbia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overpriced is the best description for this hotel. For 110 EUR double room one would expect cleaner bathroom,
NO POOL - a fraud: when looking photos of this hotel, everywhere (including hotel website) there is romantic photo of a pool located in a hotel across the street, where a guest of Jadran has no access.
Only good thing about this hotel is its location - but at the same time the rooms looking at the lake are also noisy during the night as the main road in Bled goes between hotel and lake. Also, you can easily hear TV from next room, so take earplugs with you.
Breakfast was miserable (for this price), bad coffee, no herbal tea (just black and green), no cocoa, etc...
There was mold on the edges of our tub. Also problem to get hot water to take a shower - we waited for 6min and even then it was just lukewarm (and hotel was far from full, so managers cant blame guests).
Receptionists were polite.
We made a mistake to go here - next time it will be hotel Park (similar price and everything else better).

Room Tip: rooms with a lake view are at the same time noisy during the night, as the road goes between the hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank takilaki
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled and also for your review.
I am sorry to find out that the hotel hasn't met your expectations, however I am glad that you liked its location. We have refreshed it last year with changing flooring, lighting and painting completely. We plan to add some more refreshment this year.

As far as swimming pool is concerned hotel guests can use swimming pools at our nearby Hotel Golf (Wellness Ziva is the biggest wellness center in the area) free of charge. I apologize if you haven't been satisfied with breakfast, we will do our best to improve the offer immediately. We will also check the warm water supply.

Dear guest, I hope that we would still be able to welcome you as we would like to improve your impression next time.

Fedja Pobegajlo, executive director

Travellers are raving about these Bled hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights during our trip in Europe

First thing that I need to mention: the view from the room was just AMAZING. I have yet to visit a hotel with a nicer one. Looking from the balcony you see the lake and above it, the castle, which is very nicely lit at night, so it was not just beautiful, but also very romantic.
The rooms are a bit dated, but not in a bad way, they are still nice and fit the outside look of the hotel. The room and the bathroom were clean, the beds comfortable.
Breakfast was good, a bit modest but very tasty.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, we were bugging them the whole time, asking what else is there to see or do. We also visited the castle and the Vingtar gorge, they are worth a visit.
We could also have gone swimming to a sister hotel, but decided to walk around the lake instead.

Room Tip: A room with lake view is a must!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Willian S
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Jadran.

I am pleased to find out that you enjoyed in view (which really is wonderful), cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast and helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. I see that you visited some of neighboring sights and I am glad that you liked them.

Dear guest, hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is very difficult to rate. The rooms are dated, very dark and old. But if you book a room with a view, what you will find is nothing short of spectacular. The front facing of the hotel and balconies are covered in vines which add to the view. I will forever cherish the photo’s I took from my balcony, which will allow me to forever remember just how stunning lake bled is.
I think the room price was a good reflection of the hotels location, I didn’t find it overly priced for what you got and the rooms were clean. Although, we had a fridge that didn’t work and breakfast wasn’t spectacular.

I found myself wondering what the hotel was like 20-30 years ago when the furnishings were new and modern. I really hope the hotel has refurbishment plans so that the hotel can be restored to what would have originally been a glorious place to stay.

The hotel has free access to a pool complex up the road, which has waterslides and sun beds and fantastic views across Bled. If you are travelling with children this would have been an added bonus!

The hotel location positions you with Lake bled at your doorstep. We left the car at the hotel and walked everywhere. The convenience store is a five minute walk away and there is a variety or restaurants and bars close by.

My review ratings reflect the view – a view unavailable from anywhere else. It was well worth the stay.

Room Tip: I wouldnt bother staying here if you didnt book a room with a view. I stayed in the middle room on t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Holly W
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear guest,

May I first thank you for your stay at our Hotel Jadran.

I agree with your comments and am pleased that you liked the views, location, swimming pools at the Hotel Golf etc.

Secondly, I am aware of the hotel's condition, which is why we completely changed flooring and lighting of the hotel and painted the walls. We plan to refresh the hotel rooms also next year therefore I am convinced that our guests' stays will be more comfortable in future.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again (even though Australia is not behind the corner).

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had booked a standard room at Hotel Trst but when we arrived the sign indicated the hotel was closed and referred us to Hotel Jadran just around the corner. The hotels are both in the Sava Group of hotels. The hotel Jadran is an older style hotel in need of renovation but it is a great location and very good value for us compared to other options. Our room was on the first floor and had fabulous views of the lake and castle and included a balcony. The bed was two singles pushed together and didn't have much give in It, but we both slept ok. There was central heating, TV had lots of channels including a lot in English. There was a desk, a fridge and a mini room safe (not big enough for an iPad). The decor is quite old, the bathroom old fashioned but very workable, good shower over a deep bath and a bidet. Breakfast was included and it was a reasonable spread of hot and cold items, including fruit and pastries. Everything was very nice except for the coffee which needs major improvement. Staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. Free wifi with good reception in the rooms as well as a computer in the foyer available for guest use.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Williams17
England
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked this hotel through hotels.com where it clearly stated the room had a balcony with view over the lake. Having read other reviews stating they had booked the same but been put in the attic with no balcony or even a window you could look out I decided to email the hotel directly to confirm we had a room with a lake view balcony. The exact email response from receptor Saso was 'of course ' followed by 'a most beautiful room'. Despite this as you have probably guessed by now we arrived to be given the key to a room in the attic with no balcony or window you could see out. I am getting a bit fed up with booking rooms that blatantly don't match the advertised description. I kicked up a bit of a fuss and insisted the receptionist read my email correspondence and we eventually were given a room with an amazing view. It still annoyed me though that he seemed to think he was doing us a favour rather than just giving us what we had booked.

Apart from this the bed was agony and the room did not have the promised mini bar. It did have a fridge which didn't seem to be working and only one socket with a choice to plug in the tv or the fridge. The bathroom had 1970 style brown tiles and a cracked basin.

Breakfast was reasonable except for the usual Luke warm water to make drinks with.

We booked this hotel for the view which was truly lovely once we got the room we booked - without the view I simply would not stay here.

Room Tip: A room with a view is the only reason to stay here !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank merryweather29
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear guest,

May I first thank you for staying at the Hotel Jadran and for sharing your experience.
I have checked the situation about your room allocation and would like to apologize because the lake view room hasn't been immediately offered to you. Obviously it must have been a misunderstanding. I also regret if our front staff member hasn't communicated the information properly.

Besides, I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with a view. As far as the hotel interior is concerned, we are aware of the fact that the hotel hasn't been refurbished for a while. This is also the reason why we changed total flooring and lighting this spring. We plan to continue this way also in future.

Dear guest, I hope to be able to welcome you again and convince you with our services.
Best regards from Lake Bled,

Leek, Staffs
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Difficult to rate this hotel ! The views from our balcony overlooking the lake were wonderful and the friendly man on reception was lovely. But, the hotel is VERY dated ( scruffy really ) and badly in need of refurbishment. Breakfast just about acceptable - had much better in other hotels.
Having said that our room was clean, if somewhat small.
Would we stay again ? Maybe not...........

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with lake view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oscardog1
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying at our Hotel Jadran and for your review.
I am pleased to find out that you liked the views and specially friendliness of our front desk staff and cleanliness of the rooms.

Secondly, I would like to apologize as the hotel hasn't been renovated recently. However, we are aware of the fact that it needs some refreshment; this it the reason why we changed whole flooring and lighting this year and will continue with some improvements also next year. I am therefore convinced to improve our guest’s satisfaction with their stay in future.
May I thank you also for your remark about the breakfast – we will immediately add some ingredients and improve its quality.

I wish that we will be able to welcome you again and remain