“Outstanding Location”

Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nites and were charmed by the location overlooking Lake Bled and the Castle. Our room was not remarkable but the large bathroom and balcony view was what made this a great stay. The hotel is very old and quaint. Breakfast was very good and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at our Hotel Jadran and for sharing your experience.
I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay.
Hopefully you decide to visit us again – you are always welcome in Lake Bled.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed in the hotel for two nights and it was incredibly enjoyable. The rooms were a bit ho-hum, but they were clean, modest, and fit the bill. The bathroom was particularly nice, I thought, as the shower was great, had super hot water that you didn't have to wait at all to get.

It had all the amenities that one would expect in the room--a safe, a minifridge (that was empty), a tv. I didn't use any of those things, mind you, but I wasn't expecting to.

The location of the place was great, I thought--excellently well marked and the views from the balconies were to die for! You can see the castle and the lake most clearly, and the island as well, but off to the side.

The breakfasts I thought were really ample, so I am not sure why others I saw complained about it. On my second day they even had bacon, so I mean, what else could one possibly want (I mean, as long as you eat pig!).

But with all of this in mind, what really stands out to me is the staff--several of the staff were incredibly helpful, going above and beyond to help me out. One with an issue I had with the inner door to the room, which I thought was locked, but I just hadn't opened it correctly or pushed it hard enough (I certainly felt sheepish about that, but he was very kind). The second helpful staff was when I was checking out and asked for a taxi back to the train station and he made a point to double check the time of my train and to let me know of a technical issue with the train station and to expect a bus to pick me up, etc.

It's not every day that you get folks who seem invested in what they do and making sure that someone has a great stay. I am hopeful to be able to return someday!

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms face the lake, but you might want to double check!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Molidetz
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear guest,

May I thank you for visiting our Hotel Jadran and for your review.

I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay; most of all I was glad when reading your comments about our staff; I agree with you that the service is very important part of hotel business.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay at the hotel now, we are looking at castle bled from the room, room old and clean. staff is very friendly. Wifi good in room. We staying for 2 nights. Restaurant staff kind and good breakfast.

Room Tip: Room with view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, Genel Müdür at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled. I was very pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for three nights on a cheap weekend break. The hotel is a very nice old building which we found very charming and did not expect luxury as the whole Saturday to Tuesday break was very inexpensive. The room had a balcony which although did not overlook the lake was adequate for our needs, lets face it when you go on holiday you do not spend that much time in your room. The hotel staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful and we would return there again .I would like to thank them all for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear guest,

May I thank you for choosing our Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled and also for your review.

I am pleased to find out that you liked your stay; thank you for your comments regarding staff. I will gladly pass your message to them.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overpriced is the best description for this hotel. For 110 EUR double room one would expect cleaner bathroom,
NO POOL - a fraud: when looking photos of this hotel, everywhere (including hotel website) there is romantic photo of a pool located in a hotel across the street, where a guest of Jadran has no access.
Only good thing about this hotel is its location - but at the same time the rooms looking at the lake are also noisy during the night as the main road in Bled goes between hotel and lake. Also, you can easily hear TV from next room, so take earplugs with you.
Breakfast was miserable (for this price), bad coffee, no herbal tea (just black and green), no cocoa, etc...
There was mold on the edges of our tub. Also problem to get hot water to take a shower - we waited for 6min and even then it was just lukewarm (and hotel was far from full, so managers cant blame guests).
Receptionists were polite.
We made a mistake to go here - next time it will be hotel Park (similar price and everything else better).

Room Tip: rooms with a lake view are at the same time noisy during the night, as the road goes between the hot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank takilaki
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled and also for your review.
I am sorry to find out that the hotel hasn't met your expectations, however I am glad that you liked its location. We have refreshed it last year with changing flooring, lighting and painting completely. We plan to add some more refreshment this year.

As far as swimming pool is concerned hotel guests can use swimming pools at our nearby Hotel Golf (Wellness Ziva is the biggest wellness center in the area) free of charge. I apologize if you haven't been satisfied with breakfast, we will do our best to improve the offer immediately. We will also check the warm water supply.

Dear guest, I hope that we would still be able to welcome you as we would like to improve your impression next time.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights during our trip in Europe

First thing that I need to mention: the view from the room was just AMAZING. I have yet to visit a hotel with a nicer one. Looking from the balcony you see the lake and above it, the castle, which is very nicely lit at night, so it was not just beautiful, but also very romantic.
The rooms are a bit dated, but not in a bad way, they are still nice and fit the outside look of the hotel. The room and the bathroom were clean, the beds comfortable.
Breakfast was good, a bit modest but very tasty.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, we were bugging them the whole time, asking what else is there to see or do. We also visited the castle and the Vingtar gorge, they are worth a visit.
We could also have gone swimming to a sister hotel, but decided to walk around the lake instead.

Room Tip: A room with lake view is a must!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Willian S
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Jadran.

I am pleased to find out that you enjoyed in view (which really is wonderful), cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast and helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. I see that you visited some of neighboring sights and I am glad that you liked them.

Dear guest, hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is very difficult to rate. The rooms are dated, very dark and old. But if you book a room with a view, what you will find is nothing short of spectacular. The front facing of the hotel and balconies are covered in vines which add to the view. I will forever cherish the photo’s I took from my balcony, which will allow me to forever remember just how stunning lake bled is.
I think the room price was a good reflection of the hotels location, I didn’t find it overly priced for what you got and the rooms were clean. Although, we had a fridge that didn’t work and breakfast wasn’t spectacular.

I found myself wondering what the hotel was like 20-30 years ago when the furnishings were new and modern. I really hope the hotel has refurbishment plans so that the hotel can be restored to what would have originally been a glorious place to stay.

The hotel has free access to a pool complex up the road, which has waterslides and sun beds and fantastic views across Bled. If you are travelling with children this would have been an added bonus!

The hotel location positions you with Lake bled at your doorstep. We left the car at the hotel and walked everywhere. The convenience store is a five minute walk away and there is a variety or restaurants and bars close by.

My review ratings reflect the view – a view unavailable from anywhere else. It was well worth the stay.

Room Tip: I wouldnt bother staying here if you didnt book a room with a view. I stayed in the middle room on t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Holly W
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear guest,

May I first thank you for your stay at our Hotel Jadran.

I agree with your comments and am pleased that you liked the views, location, swimming pools at the Hotel Golf etc.

Secondly, I am aware of the hotel's condition, which is why we completely changed flooring and lighting of the hotel and painted the walls. We plan to refresh the hotel rooms also next year therefore I am convinced that our guests' stays will be more comfortable in future.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again (even though Australia is not behind the corner).

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year,