“Surely not the best hotel in Bled”

Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel seems that has not changed since socialist time. Rooms looks the same as 25 years ago as well as employees. We waited for 15 minutes to pay the bill in the morning: simply no one was at the reception!

• Stayed: July 2014
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely regret to have learned about your disappointment with your stay in general and the specific aspects which you have outlined.

Firstly and most importantly I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced at the check-out and say that we will be certain to improve both our efficiency as well as our communication standards with the guests and also internally within the team to ensure that in the unfortunate cases as such we react promptly to any dissatisfaction the guest expresses.

Secondly, we genuinely regret to have learned about your dissatisfaction with the functionality of your room as well as the interior of the Hotel Jadran. In light of this original building with a unique architecture, being one of the oldest structures of its kind in Bled, unfortunately its functionality could not be compared to its more modern counterparts. Nonetheless, we would like to advise you that the hotel managements is putting forward its best efforts to preserve and restore all the original fixtures and furnishings of the building as well as invest into the general up-keeping to achieve a more modern and functional appeal.

We sincerely look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience to discuss how we could improve your guest stay experience on your next visit to Bled.

Yours truly,
Mojca Krašovec,
Director of hotel operations

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is a little dated, but the room was great in size and comfort. The bathroom was large and the balcony overlooking the lake was fantastic. We looked straight out at the Bled Castle. The hotel had wifi and a decent breakfast. We could walk right across the street to access the trail around the lake and were just a few minutes from old town. The staff was lovely. The young guy manning the desk at check-in was great with answering questions and took the time to research one he was unsure of. We would definitely stay there again for the convenience and price.

Room Tip: Lake view is great, but the street is a little noisy. The back side would probably be quieter but h...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear guest,

it was a pleasure reading your kind comments. Thank you for your visit and taking the time to write the review. We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay and would be very happy to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Mojca Krašovec
Director of hotel operations

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have just returned home from a fabulous stay in Lake Bled. The weather was lovely and Lake Bled is just beautiful.

The location of the Hotel is great, situated on the outskirts of the town and in easy reach of bars and restaurants. The hotel itself could do with some updating and some re modernisation, but the fantastic view of the Lake and Bled castle, from a Lake view room makes up for it. We were in room 136. Staying at this hotel also gives you access to Hotel Golfs swimming pool facilities, which are fantastic will a variety of pools and jacuzzis and is only a short walk from Hotel Jadran.
The thing that also made our stay at this hotel great was the female receptionist at the hotel, I am sorry we didn't get her name but she was the most helpful receptionist we have ever encountered. She was always happy with a lovely smile on her face and helped with so many of our questions.
One disappointment is the hotel breakfast, it is ok but there is not a huge choice like a lot of buffet breakfasts and a toaster would be something I would recommend they introduce.

Overall for the price we paid our trip was fantastic and I would return to Hotel Jadran purely for the brilliant staff and the lake view from our room.

Room Tip: Lake View rooms are at the front of the hotel, but you can hear a little road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky P
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Jadran and for sharing your experience.
I am glad that you were satisfied with the hotel. May I explain that we did some refurbishing last year and we are planning to continue this way also this year. I am therefore convinced that you would find some new things during your possible next visit which we hope for.
Thank you also for your comments on breakfast – we will do our best to improve it too.
Besides, it was great to find out that you were satisfied with our receptionist; her name is Nina and she is really doing a great job.
Welcome again!
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel doesn't look so great over all, the breakfast was not one of the best we had, but the view from the top floor, towards the Bled lake, made all these things look trivial. Large room, comfortable bad. The higher you stay, the better the view!
For parking, I had to ask at the reception, then go to another hotel across the street so they unblocked one of their spots.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a lake side room, and on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Jadran and for your review.
I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay. Futrher, I am also glad that you solved the parking issue.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nites and were charmed by the location overlooking Lake Bled and the Castle. Our room was not remarkable but the large bathroom and balcony view was what made this a great stay. The hotel is very old and quaint. Breakfast was very good and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at our Hotel Jadran and for sharing your experience.
I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay.
Hopefully you decide to visit us again – you are always welcome in Lake Bled.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed in the hotel for two nights and it was incredibly enjoyable. The rooms were a bit ho-hum, but they were clean, modest, and fit the bill. The bathroom was particularly nice, I thought, as the shower was great, had super hot water that you didn't have to wait at all to get.

It had all the amenities that one would expect in the room--a safe, a minifridge (that was empty), a tv. I didn't use any of those things, mind you, but I wasn't expecting to.

The location of the place was great, I thought--excellently well marked and the views from the balconies were to die for! You can see the castle and the lake most clearly, and the island as well, but off to the side.

The breakfasts I thought were really ample, so I am not sure why others I saw complained about it. On my second day they even had bacon, so I mean, what else could one possibly want (I mean, as long as you eat pig!).

But with all of this in mind, what really stands out to me is the staff--several of the staff were incredibly helpful, going above and beyond to help me out. One with an issue I had with the inner door to the room, which I thought was locked, but I just hadn't opened it correctly or pushed it hard enough (I certainly felt sheepish about that, but he was very kind). The second helpful staff was when I was checking out and asked for a taxi back to the train station and he made a point to double check the time of my train and to let me know of a technical issue with the train station and to expect a bus to pick me up, etc.

It's not every day that you get folks who seem invested in what they do and making sure that someone has a great stay. I am hopeful to be able to return someday!

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms face the lake, but you might want to double check!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Molidetz
SavaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear guest,

May I thank you for visiting our Hotel Jadran and for your review.

I am pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay; most of all I was glad when reading your comments about our staff; I agree with you that the service is very important part of hotel business.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay at the hotel now, we are looking at castle bled from the room, room old and clean. staff is very friendly. Wifi good in room. We staying for 2 nights. Restaurant staff kind and good breakfast.

Room Tip: Room with view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, Genel Müdür at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Jadran for your stay in Lake Bled. I was very pleased to find out that you were satisfied with your stay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again.