Reka Hisa
US$161
getaroom.com
US$328
Bled Apartments(Bled)(Great Value!)
All reviewsgreat danewonderful hostswonderful cookbreakfast and dinnerhome away from homeski equipmentlake bledski resortadventure activitiesbeautiful countrythe buswonderful staycliveraftingaccommodationsloveniasnowboarding
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place in nature for R & R , and Reka Hisa was the perfect choice. The room, simple, impeccably clean, and cheerful. Our door opened out to view and hear the rushing river below. But, what I think we liked the best, were our host and hostess, Clive and Myrna, and Patrick the Great Dane. The meals which Clive prepared for us, generous breakfasts, and fabulous three course dinners were A+ all round.
My family roots are Slovenian, and we are looking forward to a family reunion with Reka Hisa as our home away from home. We will return !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My friend and I stayed at Reka Hisa in February for a 4 night skiing break. Despite being ill most of the trip with a cold, we had a fantastic time! Clive and Myra (and Patrick the gorgeous Great Dane) were brilliant hosts and the 3 course dinners they served up each night were delicious! Apparently Clive is a trained chef (it really wouldn’t surprise me!!). The rooms at Reka Hisa are basic, but they are clean and being a destination for an activity based holiday, you're really not in your rooms much!

Each day, Clive drove us to a different ski resort (Vogel, Kravavec and Soriska Planina) which made a nice change to skiing at the same resort everyday for a week which I was used to from previous ski holidays. The only downside is that it is a 10-30minute drive each morning into the different resorts, no ski-in/ski-out, but the views on the way up/down the mountain make it worth it. Food on the mountains is also very cheap compared to other ski resorts in the rest of Europe.

On our last day we walked around Lake Bled (about 10 minutes drive from Reka Hisa) – truly beautiful! Just be careful of the swans on the lake as they are not shy! We were sat, taking in the view, when a swan came over and stole my glove from next to me, before trying to steal my friend’s shoe (still on her foot!).

All in all, a fantastic trip. Can’t wait to return for my summer activity holiday later this year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MKandT
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed in the New Year as a family looking for a cheap and cheerful ski break. The accommodation is in a lovely setting by the riverside and the rooms were of a good quality. The actual skiing itself in Slovenia was an amazing experience, the slopes were basically empty and although we didn't get to visit all of the resorts we would have liked, Krvavec and Soriska were impressive and we had great fun! At some points it felt like we had the entire slopes to ourselves.

The home cooking in Reka Hisa was one of the highlights and we had 4 days half board of amazing food cooked by Clive. Also a nice communal atmosphere around the table. Couldn't fault their hospitality. For the skiing, Clive has all his own ski equipment so no need for arduous trips to a ski rental shop in town!
Downsides would be that Clive had already planned the itinerary for our skiing and if we had been holidaying by ourselves I think we would have explored much more of the country. However he was always prompt to pick us up so couldn't fault this. Also another point that we didn't appreciate was that they smoke in the house. Whilst they don't smoke in front of you, we arrived home with our clothes smelling of the tobacco smoke, so not ideal.

We went into Bled town for 2 of the evenings and the alcohol was very cheap! 90c for a glass of wine. Saying this we were almost the only people out and about in the evening which was a bit eerie at times. Bled is a beautiful town with amazing scenery and I can imagine very picturesque in the summertime.

Overall I would return to Reka Hisa for the price and the hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Having experienced Slovenia during the summer and staying at Reka Hisa, we returned to see what it was like during winter. We were not disappointed. As usual Clive and Myrna were great hosts, with lovely food served every evening. Loved the skiing and it was ideal for anyone learning to ski. Another stress free Holiday thanks to Clive and Myrna and our new friends from Birmingham!!!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Such an amazing holiday ! Perfect , location , perfect food , perfect service and perfect hosts (including Patrick !) . Such a stressfree holiday , would recommend to family and friends. Just getting overtime in now so I can book again !
Many thanks to Reka Hisa team for making my holiday !
Julia