We stayed here for two weeks in May.
From start to finish we were made to feel very welcome by Alenka, her family and staff. This is a small hotel well run but it is home from home. If you need anything all you need to do is ask.
We stayed in room 205 and the hotel was very busy when we arrived. Alenka offerred to move us into a different room after the weekend. However we declined her offer as the room was suitable for purpose and we slept very well. I was the only person who did not hear the thunderstorms during the night. The room was cleaned every day and we had no complaints at all.
We were on half board and the food was really good with a choice of four main courses so there was always something that you could be tempted with. Slava was a joy and nothing was too much trouble for her even when we kept her up on a late night drinking session! She would not leave until we did and I felt a bit guilty about that.
Lake Bohinj is magical. My husband is still editing his photographs and they are some of the best that he has taken. I love the Slovenian attitude to ecology we can all learn a lesson.
Lake Bled is lovely to visit but as a resort I would not like to have stayed there.
We both thought that Ljublijana was fabulous. It is so clean and relaxed it did not have that city feel to it and I felt very safe.
We met some lovely people in the hotel, namely Jo & Don and Brian. They are all keen birdwatchers and this hotel is ideal for that. I found it fascinating and so much so that I requested a pair of binoculars for my birthday!
Our only gripe was Thomson's. We did not see a rep from the time that we left the airport to the time that we departed. This was known as the the rarest, lesser spotted rep. We were given lots of information from Alenka and also the Inghams rep so it did not detract from our holiday overall. When you think how big a company TUI is we expected a higher level of service because they should know what they are about by now. In our case it was not customer service. I just hope that they have now got their act together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming alpine family hotel is located in the natural paradise of the Lake Bohinj area with its stunning mountains and alpine forests. The bedrooms are bright and tastefully furnished. Lake Bohinj is a pleasant 500m walk from the hotel. Hotel Kristal is a family hotel in Bohinj, situated close to Lake Bohinj, on the outskirts of the Triglav national park. The hotel was built and renovated in line with local tradition and gives its guests the homely feeling, characteristic of the region. Hospitality, delicious cuisine, unspoilt nature and abundant possibilities for an active holiday await you at this excellent starting point. - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Stayforlong S.L. so you can book your Hotel Kristal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kristal Hotel Bohinjsko Jezero
- Hotel Kristal Slovenia/Bohinjsko Jezero