“Hotel Kristal - a place we always return to”
Review of Hotel Kristal

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bohinjsko Jezero
Hotel Kristal
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Hotel Kristal - a place we always return to”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This family run, cosy and friendly hotel is a location my family has been returning to for several years. Friendly and accomodating staff, tasty food as if made at home with a selection of meals and local specialities to chose from, plenty of openess for any particular wishes or requirements adults or children may have are all the reasons why we regularly spend our holidays there. Hotel's location is excellent during the winter as well as during the summer, for skiing and numerous other outdoor activities. The rooms are simple but cosy, very clean and relatively spatious.
The staff is consistently warm and welcoming, yet in a very non-intrusive way. During the winter holidays this year (2013) I had the flu and certainly felt at home with the hotel owner personally making sure I had whatever I needed. As I missed four days of skiing due to illness, she was extremely kind to arrange with the company responsible for ski lifts that my unused ski pass days are valid for the next season.
It is definitely a place we return to without any regrets.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Selma_sLOVEnia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Winter or summer, with children or just with my husband, this is the best accomodation in the area, ready to accomodate any special demads for even the pickiest guests. If you have small or picky children they'll do their best to meet all their needs, sufficiant to say, when my son was little they were making him spagetti carbonara for breakfast. When we come in the winter time for skiing,there are usually 5-6 families with 10-12 children of various age and they are free to play and enjoy their time. Also, is's spacious enough that you can have absolute peace and quite if you feel like it. We've travelled the world, been to many top holiday resorts as well as European city hotels but we have never felt more at home anywhere like we do here. We are coming back couple of times a year for many years now and we certainly give it highest possible score. it does sound like a cliche but it's definitely home away from home!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tuzlaci
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Great location, not far from the lake, accessible and easy to find.
We stayed at the hotel Kristal a 4 nights.Our room on 1 floor was large with great views on Triglav, very clean, also bathroom. The food was very tasty and beautifull (soups were fantastic). Staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. Honest recommendation for those who have children.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Danilo P
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Again this year we used Hotel Krystal as a base for skiing at nearby Vogel. This is a Very comfortable and welcoming, family run hotel. The food is good as is the ambiance. The snow let us down this time but the Hotel is consistently good. We used the non ski days to discover moe about the local area and were not disappointed. Overall the venue offers excellent value for money and we will be back

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobNicholson1953
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The hotel was nice, but certainly nothing special. The rooms seemed a bit sterile to me. I had a problem with the sink in that the stopper was stuck in the down position, so water would not drain. I called reception and they immediately got on the problem and got it fixed quickly. There was also no hand soap in the room and that was resolved quickly also. There is a German/Austria influence in this part of Slovenia, which was reflected in the seating in the restaurant: You are assigned a table-you look for the table with your room number on it and that's where you are to sit. Aah. German organization. The room was pretty clean although some random dusting could have been useful in some of the more obscure areas. Dinner was above average and breakfast was pretty much the typical European B&B breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank tatom
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This family owned hotel was one of two recommended by Helia Tours as part of our bike excursion. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Front desk staff are often helpful. The restaurant food is mediocre. Lake Bohinj is spectacularly beautiful with excellent biking and hiking opportunities. We shall likely try Hotel Bohinj if we visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drfunutah
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Based on my experience with this hotel I would rate it a 2 star not a 4 star hotel that they claim.

Here is my experience at Hotel Kristal.

My hiking buddy and I arrived on September 13th around 4:00 pm. We entered the lobby and no one was around. We waited for 5 minutes by the reception desk. I noticed the computer was unlocked and anyone could access the hotel information. Behind the desk were randomly placed pictures of kids coloring. After waiting 5 minutes we went to the restaurant and found someone to help us. We had requested 2 twin beds. We arrive at our room and find a double and a pull out sofa made up. We dropped our gear and walked into town. Upon returning I laid on the sofa bed. It was not the least bit comfortable. I decided I wanted to change rooms.
Back down to the lobby. Again it's deserted. I wait a good 5 minutes and then make my way to the restaurant. I find the same person who helped me before. He said he would be right with me. 5 minutes later he showed up at the desk. I explained I wanted 2 twin beds. He scratched his head and gave me another key. Off he went back to the restaurant. I proceed to the new room and found it was exactly like the room I was in. Back down again to the restaurant and chased the guy down again. He picks another room and this time accompanies me
to the room to make sure it's OK. This one was acceptable. It had a double bed and 1 twin bed.

The room looked straight out of the 80's. Some of the unusual attributes of the room are:
o In the room there was one wine glass and one rocks glass. What if both of us wanted wine?
o A key on the ring for a mini-bar, but no mini-bar. There was a 3rd key on the ring which I
never figured out what it went to.
o A 15 inch tube TV. The remote control was missing the battery cover
o The bathroom had not been updated in a very long time
o The medicine cabinet had two exposed bulbs. One clear and one frosted.
o There was only one drinking glass in the bathroom as well
o There were two dispensers attached to the walls. Neither one was being used. I think one
used to be used for toilet paper. Now they just put a roll on top of the toilet.
o Areas of the bathroom floor were ungrouted and it looked like mold was growing.

Check out day was like the day we arrived. No one was in the lobby. I just left my key on the
desk and was glad to be leaving.

P.S. Be sure to check out the room beside the front desk. It's an homage to dead animals. The walls are filled with skulls of assorted dead animals. In addition you can enjoy some pelts of other animals.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#5 of 23 in Bled
Grand Hotel Toplice
Grand Hotel Toplice
#2 of 23 in Bled

Been to Hotel Kristal? Share your experiences!