“Best hostel in Slovenija”
Review of MCC Hostel

and 1 more site!
MCC Hostel
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hostel was the best hostel I lived in in Slovenija. I lived 6 months in Slovenija, mostly in MCC Hostel. I really enjoyed staying there.
The hostel is in a very good location. It is only 2 minutes walk to the city centre, 1 minute to the main bus station, 5 minutes to the central train station and 2 minutes to the next supermarket.
It has a great, unique, artistic design with every single- and double-room with a unique design. The rooms were in a very good condition and cleaned every day. The bathroom and the kitchen were also cleaned every day, in a very good shape and equipped with everything you need. And if there is something they do not have, you can ask for it at the reception.
The staff is very helpful, friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed to talk to them and they were really helpful with everything. They even helped me with booking traintickets and things like that - very helpful if you do not speak the slovenian language ;).
The hostel can also rent you a lot of stuff like games or travel guides and even bikes, so you can explore the surrounding area. They also have some discount-tickets with really good offers for surrounding attractions.
In the same building is a coffee-shop and a youth centre with varying activities, so you won't get bored...
I am really looking forward to go back once... :)

Room Tip: I stayed in the room Mister K - a single room. It is the last one in the hall and because of that th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Klemen S, Manager at MCC Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you Sina for your kind words and everything you have taught us in these past few months. We wish you all the best in the future and we will make sure that mr. K room will be available whenever you decide to return.

Klemen Sagadin
MCC Hostel manager

Reviewed 23 October 2013

As I have traveled to many countries in Europe, I had to spend a lot of times in different hostels. My experiences so far were overdriven by spending a night in this amazing hostel, which influenced all my future traveling. The personel and the management are very helpful, very flexible and dynamic, spiced up with a sense for good humour. As my overnight stay in the hostel was a surprise for my partner, the hostel personel had to prepare the room for our arrival. I must say, that I was just as surprised as my partner, when I saw the room. Also, the personel was very helpful in searching for leisure time activities, which were availiable at that time in Celje. I must say – the thematics of the rooms and their connection with local turism is very unique. Spending a night in the Subculture room, with a street lamp above our head and beautiful graffitti around the walls - really gave as a feeling of the high creativity, which was implemented in the hostel. Above all, the hostel is situated in a Youth center, which has many interesting activities during the week. Can't wait to see the upcoming programme and my next visit! Thank you Celje, see you again!

Room Tip: Choose the thematics, which matches your style!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is in a perfect location for Celje train station only 2 blocks walk away. The hostel is colourful and very arty and I was very pleasantly surprised although stating shared facilities the room did have it's own shower and was basin. There seemed to be quite a lot going on but the accommodation area remained pretty quiet. Only negatives would be we were on the top floor and the blinds although down did let quite a lot of light in around the edgesso found myself awake very early however the room was comfy enough and would recommend to others. Top tip - if you are visiting the castle keep your ticket as on the back it offers 10 per cent off your room booking, not sure if this is a permanent offer but certainly value for money at present.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed in this hostel during my visit of photographic workshop Celje FOKUS in mid of July. This is a great modern hostel with artistic fell to it. It was decorated by local artists and every room has it's legend. It is located in the city center, one minute form main bus station and maybe three minutes from main train station. If you will stay in this hostel you will probably drink the best coffe in town and find a nice park in the back. Great stay, probably the best in this town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

A couple of weeks ago I got an assignment at my faculty (faculty for tourism Brežice) to write a review about a selected tour operator or a local accommodation. It wasn't difficult choosing the perfect place to talk about, since I come from the outskirts of the city and know my way around.
I chose MCC simply because it has a good overall vibe (and I think everyone who's ever been there can confirm this). Let me brake it down: The center is not just a combination of a hostel, café, concert venue, workshops/seminars place and so on, but it's a multicultural, international gathering point for all who to seek a unique experience of freshness. For me the most important thing at a place like this are the people who work there. It doesn't matter how good or bad the coffee is, or if I get a towel included with the room - If they try their best to make me feel at home, I might overlook some of the bad sides which may pop up at one point. For example: At one point my friends and I were using their multi-purpose hall for sword fighting practice. The first time I got there I couldn't find the entrance to the hall, so the good people who were working the afternoon shift showed me the way. When I made plans for today's review, I was welcomed by a girl named Anja, who is one of the employees and one of the nicest people I've met in quite a while. She took her time to show me the rooms, answered all of my questions and I wasn't even a registered guest. Another victory for MCC!
The rooms themselves have a unique approach - every single one has a different theme that's connected to a story. As far as the technical stuff goes, there are five double rooms and two single rooms upstairs, along with two single rooms (all with showers). Downstairs we have four multi dorm rooms which can be occupied by up to eight people. They have a shared bathroom, separate toilets, kitchen, wi-fi, a washing machine and a dryer.
The café offers a wide range of refreshments, but if that's not enough you can still hit the clubs in the center which is a gunshot away. If you're into entertainment, music, culture or education look no further. Rarely there comes a day when there's nothing going on in MCC. You've got music shows for all tastes, travelogues, workshops,lectures, exhibitions, festivals...you name it!

To cut a long story short, if you think you've seen and experience it all, MCC will step up and surprise you again and again. It doesn't matter whether you're young or old, broke or rich, if you've got an hour or a week - I strongly advise you to check out what MCC Hostel has to offer!

Room Tip: Two of the five double rooms have balconies, so I' go for that.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stay in the MCC hostel for a week, the location is great, in the middle of the city center, walking distance from all the shops, cafes and restaurents , the bus and train station is one minute away from the hostel.
The hostel has a cafe, with fair prices and good coffee a very nice place to hang out in the evenings if you don't want to go out of the hostel. The kitchen in the hostel is very nice, very clean and has almost everything you need if you want to cook or just make something to drink.
The showers and toilets were clean. You will need to bring your own towels, they give you a small towel good for washing your face but not to dry yourself after a shower. If you need a hair dryer you can ask the reception and they will give you one. They have a very nice guide in charge of activities so they could help you in arranging trips and activities. All in all, a very good hostel and it was very warm in the rooms we even had to open the windows.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank abukarark
Klemen S, Manager at MCC Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

you were really a great group and we could just wish to have more groups like that.
I enjoyed spending time with you on our walks around the city.
We also took care of bigger towels so next time you will come....
I wish you all the best and lot of tranquility in the future.
Klemen Sagadin
MCC Hostel manager

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the hostel for 4 nights while attending a sports course – it was excellent value and ideally located being a very short distance,5mins, from both the railway station and great restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would use again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends