“Romantic weekend”

Hotel & Restaurant Skipass
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My boyfriend and I booked in SKIPASS HOTEL for our Valentine's weekend. Had the most romantic time in a lovely setting with great food and outstanding service. The hotel is brand new and really nice, the family who runs the place is always on hand, the athmosphere is amazing and the food is outstanding! I can not recommend the hotel enought - you will not be dissapointed!

2  Thank SaraKlemencic
Nina_Justin, Manager at Hotel & Restaurant Skipass, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2015

Dear Sara,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Skipass Hotel. I am delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. We value and appreciate your feedback and I would like to thank you for your constructive comments relating to the other aspects of your stay. I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Skipass.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Really a lovely hotel, possibly the best food I have tasted. The staff were the perfect combination of friendly and professional, really went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. This was our first ski/snowboarding trip for me and a friend, and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. We will definitely be back, and would recommend it to anyone thinking of taking a trip to Kranjska Gora.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne P

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Skipass Hotel. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and I will be sure to pass your comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Skipass Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in February - booked through Crystal. The room and facilities were clean, modern and spacious. The family run hotel is relaxed and welcoming. Although only a 5 minute walk to the slopes we hired a locker at inter sport at the slopes for 30 euros a week. This is well worth the money as it saves you carrying all your gear and you can fit up to 4 lots of boots and skis in the locker. We used the sauna one afternoon after skiing and had it all to ourselves along with a variety of teas and snacks. The food was truly outstanding, some of the best food I have ever had. We were half board so we had 2 choices of starters and mains and a desert. Every meal was excellent and breakfast was equally good with a continental selection and made to order eggs, sausages and pancakes. I would highly recommend this small hotel - you really won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hannahburnsfindlay

Dear Hannah,

Thank you for staying at Skipass Hotel and taking the time to write your lovely review and share your opinion with the Trip Advisor community. It was lovely to read your review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your Skipass experience and thank you for the lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skipass Hotel & Restaurant soon and be sure to keep an eye on our website for the latest special promotions and by booking with us directly you’ll be sure to receive the best available rates and service.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We decided to re-visit Kranjska Gora after having a lovely holiday there last year. Having reviewed hotels, we thought we would book to stay at the Skipass Hotel and what a good decision that was. The hotel has 10 bedrooms and is run by a family. The hotel is quite new (built in 2012), has a sauna and free wifi and safe. It is close to the village and ski area, about a 5 minutes walk. We contacted the hotel prior to arriving to see whether they could recommend anybody for airport transfers. We heard straight back and the family offered to do the transfers themselves. Very quick and easy, only about 40 minute transfer so before we knew it, we were out skiing. The hotel is very friendly, spotlessly clean with excellent food and a lovely walk in power shower. We booked on a bed and breakfast basis, but decided to eat at the hotel on our last night, the food was superb, just wished we had eaten there earlier. Also a nice bar area for a chilled out evening drink. The family were always on hand offering advice and wanting to make sure everything and everybody in our group was ok. We were recommended by one of the locals to try a ski away day, where a lot of the locals ski 'Vogel'. We asked at reception the best way to get there and they again offered to drive us there, to save us having to pay for a taxi which would have been quite expensive. We had an excellent days skiing and were then driven back to the hotel, after also being driven through Bled to allow us to see some of the famous sights. The village of Kranjska Gora may be small but has several apres ski bars at the bottom of the slopes, several bars and restaurants in the village with very friendly locals. We made some new friends, one of whom was the National Ski Champion for 9 years, who offered and showed us some tips/new techniques to improve our skiing. We have only been back 2 days and are already looking to book again for next year. We cannot recommend the Skipass Hotel enough. Thank you to all of the family for looking after us during our recent stay and making our break enjoyable. We may pass on the Grappa family shot though next time haha

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear CJBlainey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Skipass Hotel. I was so glad to read that we met yours expectations on your stay with us. Thank you also for taking the time to try all the facilities we have at the hotel and again I was delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant .We hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a lovely week here, the rooms are spacious, really clean and nicely done out. The food and wine choices were excellent with a range of freshly prepared different dishes to chose from each night. The location of the hotel is perfect, only a short walk to the slopes/town centre and the bus stop is right outside perfect for any local sightseeing you want to do. The staff could not have been more helpful and we would definitely recommend this as the best hotel in Kranjska Gora.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Skipass Hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering a discreet yet professional service at all times so again your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have passed on your comments to my Food and Beverage team and the rest of the great team I am proud to have working at the hotel. I really do hope that you will join us again soon.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I just returned from the most amazing week long break at Skipass hotel! The hotel itself is small, only ten rooms, and run by a lovely Slovenian family in a very picturesque setting in Kranjska Gora.
Location - It is about a five minute walk from the slopes. There is a room down stairs you can keep your skis however we decided to rent a locker for 30 euro a week right on the slopes to save dragging them back and fore! Again it’s a three minute walk from the town where there is a small supermarket and a few bars. The beer and wine is very cheap in the area with a 500ml local beer being around 2 Euros and 100ml of decent wine 1.5 Euro.
Room - Really lovely, modern, clean and more than big enough for two with a good sized flat screen.
Service - We received a lovely warm welcome and all the family regularly checked in to ask if we were enjoying our holiday. The waiting staff were also excellent. Our bus left at 4.45 AM and a member of staff was up to make sure we had a cup of tea and packed lunch before we left!
Dining - This is where the hotel really comes into its own. The food was some of the best I have ever had! The breakfast was a buffet with a good selection and you could order eggs any way you cared for as well as pancakes. The dinner was a set three course meal with a choice of two options for starters and mains. I was a little apprehensive being a vegetarian however the chef far exceeded my expectations with a delightfully different and inventive menu every single evening! This is real fine dining with the food not only being delicious but also beautifully presented.
Skiing - My boyfriend and had never skied before and had an amazing time learning to ski in Kranjska each doing red runs by the end of the week! There is not an endless supply of runs but more than enough for beginners or those of intermediate level. The tuition and equipment arranged by Crystal was also good.
Overall we had an amazing time and would certainly recommend this hotel without a moment’s hesitation.

1  Thank Emma S

Dear Emma,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at Skipass Hotel. I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all of the finer details we provide our guests. We provide honest and genuine hospitality at the hotel so again I was really pleased that you received a warm welcome from my team and equally that you enjoyed all of the service you received during your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to them. I hope we get the chance to meet your expectations once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed in Hotel Skipass from 11-18th January and what an amazing time we had! On our arrival, despite being at 11pm, we were warmly greeted and instantly felt very welcome. Our room was superb, extremely comfortable, beautifully clean with lots of space and a lovely balcony looking out over the pistes. The food was wonderful, we tried to choose our favourite dish but couldn't. Each dish prepared with great attention to detail, tasting equally as delicious as the last and served by the excellent waiter Mefod, for whom nothing was too much trouble.

It was a real pleasure to meet the delightful family who run Hotel Skipass, their commitment and passion is evident throughout. Hotel Skipass is a perfect place to stay and we will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara_and_Kathryn

Dear Sara,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Skipass Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
My knidest regards,