“Very nice traditional cake in new fresh style”
Review of Slascicarna Kala

Slascicarna Kala
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Kranjska Gora
Price range: US$2 - US$3
Description: We are family buisness we offer home made cakes we also offer english breakfast tee and we are more than happy if you visit us, and let us know that we are doing right!
Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
“Very nice traditional cake in new fresh style”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A very nice sweet shop - conditory - with nice view to Julian Alps. My favourite is a variation of tradtionial cake from Prekmurje region (prekmurska gibanica), which has got in this pastry shop a very fresh and lighter taste as it should be by the original recipe.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Janko K

• Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great cakes and ice cream”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This cafe is a hidden gem in Kranskja Gora It,s tucked away near the bus station go and seek it out early in your holiday and you won't be disappointed ! It's tempting to return time and time again to try different delicious cakes and ice creams. We were on a walking holiday and it was a treat at the end of the day !
The host speaks English and is very welcoming , serves good coffee and tea also local blueberry schnapps ' for energy'.

• Visited May 2014
Trieste, Italy
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

It's a small ice cream and sweets pub, which serves ice cream and local sweets delicacies most of them home made (ice cream is in house made) while for the sweets we had several times the slovenian "gibanica" ; which is a must for anyone visiting Slovenia. While in Kranjska Gora is a must vist place.

• Visited September 2013
N Yorks
“amazing cakes & coffee!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Glad we found this cafe early in our holiday, (it's signposted just past the little bus station) - we ended up going every day. Really friendly welcome by the owner and his son - cakes were homemade and fantastic (the chocolate covered meringues have to be some of the finest on the planet), the coffee was also superb. Can recommend Kala very highly!!

• Visited May 2013
Piacenza, Italy
“Super, super, super!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I looooved it so much!!! It was a pity that I stopped there at the end of my stay, waiting for the bus to leave Kranjska Gora. If I only discovered it earlier! I took a piece of cake and a tea, perfect for a cold, snowy day. The cake was one of the very best I have ever tried, I choose a strawberry one filled with cream. It was soft and delicate, a perfect mix of fruit and cream tastes, with a little bit of gelatine on the top. They had a good selection of cakes, my friend went for a chocolate one that looked also delicious. The place is welcomes you in a warm room with a simple decoration in light colours a wooden furniture that makes your stay there nice and relaxing. The staff was very good and I got a big piece for such a cheap price. Once again, pity that I could go there just one... but this one of the reasons why I'd like to go back in Kranjska Gora!

Visited March 2013