“Thank you so much for making our holiday so memorable.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Thank you so much for making our holiday so memorable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I don't often write these reviews because I think they can be rather subjective and what one person likes another doesn't, but on this occasion I feel the service we received at this hotel warrants special appreciation. We stayed in this hotel during the last week in Feb whilst on a fabulous skiing holiday,the hotel is spotlessly clean and the room we had was spacious, very well furnished and quiet but what really stood out was the attention we were given by the restaurant staff, in particular by a gentleman by the name of Niko. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant on our first night we were given first class service. I have special dietary needs (Gluten Free ~ Coeliac) and was given a letter by Crystal Ski which had been translated into Slovenian to explain my condition to the hotel.....they could not have been more helpful, to be honest they put their UK counterparts to shame with the help they gave me during my stay. I was given gluten free bread and crackers, made individual desserts and my main course was cooked to order. Bearing in mind its a buffet style restaurant we were amazed by the service I received.
This was my first trip abroad in over 3 years because of my concern about being able to maintain a gluten free diet, but my mind was put at rest on the very first night.....thanks so much for helping make our holiday so special and stress free, and once again special thanks to Niko and the catering staff.

Room Tip: South side of hotel have best views of mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maughada
aida k, Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for shering nice word with us and for rating uor hotel Ramada Hotel & Suites so high.

Looking forward to meet and see you again - maybe this year in summer.

Best regard from me and my team of Ramada Hotel & Suites Team.

Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

lovely friendly staff and a quiet comfortable relaxing café. There are lots of choices of food which is all tasty! Big spacious beds and the shower is amazing!!! wanted to take it off the wall and take it home!! The only thing that was missing was its own swimming pool etc. but you can use the other hotels if you want to. Booking for next year :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for a nice letter and thank you for rateing Ramada Hotel & Suites Kranjska Gora so high.

Looking forward to see you again next year,

Best regard from Ramada Hotel & Suites Team,

Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were late booking our skiing holiday and left with limited choice, especially for a family of five wanting to go during the school holidays. Our local travel agent suggested Kranjska Gora in Slovenia and we ended up going in February half term 2014. We knew little about the place.

We flew to Salzburg with Jet 2. Although three and a half hours from the resort, the trip passed quickly on a lovely modern coach and good roads (better than English ones!). We arrived at the Hotel Prisank late at night and first impressions were good. They had left a platter of food for each of us in our rooms.

The hotel is excellent. Modern, very clean and well looked after. The staff all spoke good English and were always keen to help. On a couple of nights the very friendly manager made a point of coming to our restaurant table and talking to us which was really nice of her - not in a forced way at all.

We had a reserved table for breakfast and dinner. Food was on a buffet and there was something for everyone, even though some of us are a bit fussy. Mainly meat based dishes but plenty of choice with salads and other options.

The only criticism is perhaps the quality of bed linen - not as good as you'd really expect in a 4* hotel, although the rooms were always warm. One other comment would be on the quality of the shower cubicles in the ensuites - again not 4* standard, although everything worked.

Plenty of hot water and a decent radiator in the bathroom for drying out our (very wet) ski gear).

The hotel had a secure ski room in the basement (10 Euro deposit) which was very useful.

The hotel does not run to many facilities so on some evenings guests were hanging around the pool table in the hallway. However, the Hotel Larix is a two minute walk away and has shared facilities including an excellent swimming pool and sauna complex. The sauna/steam room (be prepared!) is at extra cost, but worth it at the end of a days skiing. In fact it does seem possible to use facilities at a few hotels without any charge (we tried the pool at Hotel Kompas but it was not a patch on the Larix).

The hotel is in the pretty village so facilities are close by. This is a small village and suited our family (three kids - 10, 12 ,14); it may not suit those seeking wilder après ski. We did visit the VOPA bar on the opposite side of the road to the hotel on a few occasions - this had live music and good priced beer.

We travelled with Crystal and had pre-booked ski packages which provided skis, boots and helmets from Intersport which was conveniently over the road from the hotel. We also booked ski schhol with them for two hours each day. Although the teachers were friendly they did not really try to push us; we have all skied before and found some of the lessons a bit basic. This may be because the layout of the slopes is not straightforward. Much of the time was spent on the slopes close to the village (lifts can get clogged during lesson times). This is due to the difficulty of higher slopes. The resort is not easy for those with less ability, shortage of greens and blues.

We were grateful that it had snowed heavily in the week or so before we arrived. Up until the snow they had been on artificial snow with very limited runs open.

We were all very surprised by the modern feel of Slovenia. Having been to the old Yugoslavia and twice more recently to Bulgaria I anticipated something more rustic and basic. We never used a WC that was as dirty as the one in my local pub in Cheshire!

Slightly let down by the weather, but that is not the hotel's fault. A couple of rainy days and one with heavy snow all day were slight spoilers, but the sunny days did compensate. At least on the wet days we used the pool facilities to their full extent.

The Crystal welcome meeting was too long. Many people walked out. We were there to ski and wanted to get on with it!

Overall this was a very pleasant experience which we would recommend. We suggest flying to Ljubljana as this is much nearer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for your kind words about Ramada Hotel & Suites Kranjska Gora.

Looking forward to see you again,

Best regars from Ramada Hotel & Suites Kranjska Gora team,

NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed a week here with an international party of 550 people with accommodation arrangements made for me. I was to be in a "triple" room, but backed out of the arrangement because the room was incredibly small. The two single beds were a European 2 inches apart and the third "bed" was a pull out couch that laid on the floor and took up what little walk space there was in the room. The desk person was an incredibly nice man that let me change to a single room for the week for just a little more. He was nice and smiling and I wish I could remember his name because he really saved my week with his help. The bathrooms in the hotel were small and they always flooded the floor when we showered - very poorly designed. The balconies were nice and it was great to have an outdoor access. The heating came from a radiator that was hard to figure out and a towel warming rack in the bathroom. Mostly it felt too hot in the room, but that was probably my own inability to figure out the European radiators, but no directions were available. I also couldn't figure out the tv set (old, outdated). I asked for help at the desk and was told that the guy would come and show me in " a few minutes" but no one ever came and I just gave up asking. I had breakfasts and dinners in the hotel as they were included in my package price. It was always buffet meals with a salad area, main dish area, desserts and a fruit, cheese and olive bar for dinner. Breakfasts had coffee (funky foamy weird coffee out of a machine, a couple juices out of a machine, a good selection of breads and pastries, and different hot egg and meat dishes. There was usually some fruit choices as well. The only problem was the prices of the drinks we had to pay for - especially the bottles of water. The charge was 2.60 euro for a large bottle of water, a very small bottle of Coke or Sprite was 3 Euro, beer was 3.20 Euro. I could walk just across the road and buy a very large bottle of water for less than one Euro, but we couldn't bring our own drinks into the restaurant. And NO tap/pitchers of water were available. Also, they wouldn't serve coffee at dinner - you had to get your own from "the bar" on the other side of the restaurant even tho the coffee machine used at breakfast WAS RIGHT THERE. It's these stupid little nickel and dime things that irritate people and would definitely make me not ever stay at this hotel again. People need water to drink at meals and NO ONE wants to spend $5.00 for something I can get out of my own tap in my room. It should be provided in a pitcher with glass and if I want bottled water, I'll pay for it. That said, the skiing here at Kranjska Gora is so, so, SO limited that it would be best to just go some place else for a ski vacation. It really is NOT worth it to even come here for the 3 beginner ski runs that the place has. If you want to ski, drive north to Austria. We skied one day in Gerlisch Austria and LOVED it. KG is NOT for skiing.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a "triple" room here - no space for 3 skiers and their stuff.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jungleyell
aida k, Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mr. or Mrs,

thank you for you kind letter about Ramada Hotel & Suites in Kranjska Gora.

Your words will help us to improve our service. I belive in Kranjska Gora. You should give us another chance to prove that.

Best regards from me and my team of Ramada Hotel & Suites in Kranjska Gora,

Wormit, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel staff are excellent and speak good English.
The room we had was spacious with a king size bed, desk, loads of storage space and a balcony looking over the gardens and up to the mountains. Both room and bathroom were immaculate. Satellite TV with loads of channels, many in English. Slight negatives: hairdrier attached to wall in bathroom was not good for styling hair, and I prefer to have the hairdrier in the bedroom. Only basic toiletries (soap and shampoo) provided.
Breakfast was superb. Both hot and cold buffet, with everything you might want from yoghurt and fresh fruit to cold meats, cheese and even packs of tuna.
Dinner was also buffet style. The salad table was excellent: varied and well presented, but the main courses were disappointing. There was always plenty of choice, but many dishes were bland. However you would not go hungry.
There is a wine list, but you need to ask for it, because the hotel only advertises it's "selected" wines, which are very expensive, As others have commented, they will sell you mineral water, but not serve you tap water.
We got the HIT card and charged our drinks and wine to it, no problem. We had no problems with service - but the hotel was relatively quiet.
The hotel is well located for the village centre, with shops, supermarket, banks, ATM, Post office and bars all nearby.
The ski slopes are quite near, about 3-5 mins walk, but if this is a problem for you when you are wearing ski boots and carrying skis, them perhaps you should choose a different hotel!

Room Tip: We paid extra for a balcony, and requested a quiet room. We were in 194 which was perfect. We had...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
aida k, Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Lerwick,

I'm glad that I had the honor to meet you on our first cocktail welcome.

Thank you for sharing your kind words with us on Tripadvisor.

Best regards from me and my team of the Ramada Hotel & Suites Kranjska Gora.

Aida Kadić
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Grand Hotel Prisank has outstanding views overlooking the mountains. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every single day, this makes it one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. The Saga rep Nebs is particularly helpful and friendly, as are the Saga tour guides. There are some lovely walks just beyond the village of Kranjska Gora and you are never far from crystal clear streams, lakes and waterfalls that come from the limestone rocks.
We paid extra for a room overlooking the mountains as the church bells on the other side seem to be a problem, however, in our room we could hear the constant noise from a huge extractor fan on the roof, we didn't establish the cause of the noise until the day of departure. This noise could not be heard when our balcony door was closed. The cupboards in the bedrooms have only one door which is rather odd as you can never close them. Why not have two doors or none at all?
I ate salad for almost every meal as I was disappointed in most of the offerings, however, my husband enjoyed the food.
So glad we managed to squeeze in a visit to the local museum, it was fascinating.

Room Tip: If you are on the mountain side of the hotel ask for a room away from the extractor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jmaggieb
aida k, Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dera Sir or Madam,

thank you for sharing with us your nice words an great pictures.
We look forward to your return visits.

Best regards,

Rishon Lezion, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

we rented this room following good reviews and beautiful pictures.It looked like it was a Bingo choice.Good price for off season half board.But we were dissapointed.The dinner was not what we expected 'and we were charged for Water.We asked for tap water which was not available'and had to pay for it.Unheard off.And we were willing to use the pool as advertised.But.....what about towells??!Only tomorrow,or 1.5 euro each.A 4 stars hotel/resort,to remind you.
We don't recomend it.
And if Bled lake is your destination,then sleep on its shore,not far away.
We left one day before schedualed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Natan L
HHKG, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Kranjska Gora, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Mr. Natan L,

thank you for your email regarding your stay with us. We understand that this must be a difficult situation for you, as your expetations were not met.

We are grateful for your remarks and we assure you your feedback was taken into account. We strongly believe that only turning attention to guests needs will help us improve and be the best at what we do. Note, however that all of our guests receive towels, they are found in every guests room. Regarding the tap water it is not our practice to serve tap water in a 4* restaurant.
We assure you that the unusual occurances are a first time for us aswell.

We will make sure that there will be no second time, as our customers opinion is very important to us.We would like to thank you for your stay and invite you to re-visit our hotels, giving us the chance to prove, we are a highly respectable hotel, with a prime goal of a happy customer.

Kind regards from Kranjska Gora,