“Wonderful Holiday”

Hotel & Restaurant Miklic
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Thank you to Gregor and all the team at Hotel Miklic,for helping to make our holiday so enjoyable.You are always greeted with a smile and nothing is too much trouble at this lovely little hotel,which is set in the beautiful scenery of the Julian Alps. I could go on spouting superlatives,but I think that if I say faultless it covers everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Once again I cannot fault the fantastic service that myself, my mum and young son recieved from this friendly, welcoming family run hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone and I can honestly say that every time I come here I feel like part of me is returning home!
As ever our large apartment inside this small hotel - (no.1) was spotless. If you have not read my previous reviews then I will say that room no1 is on two floors with two large bedrooms upstairs and a very large living area downstairs with a kitchenette and fridge. The view from the balcony is pperfect too!!
I should also Mention the food at this point, which is always excellent and generous too! The fish is fantastic!!! And my son adores the pancakes!
Finally I need to mention Gregor miklič who in my mind always deserves a special mention as his helpful and caring attitude towards guests is second to none. If you want a proper personal service in a really fantastic small hotel look no further!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank HellyWellyB
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We have a one year old daughter and stayed here in May 14. We received a very friendly welcome. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the mountains. We ate in the restaurant which had a warm and friendly atmosphere and the food was gorgeous. Breakfast the next day was superb. You can easily walk to the centre and other attractions. The only downside is that the room was a little dated but that didn't affect our stay. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel 13th-15th May. The photos don't do the hotel justice. It is a family run hotel, the manager was one of the family. He made us feel very welcome & provided very useful information of the surrounding area & hiking trails. We stayed on a half board deal, it was very good, the meals were delicious. The deal was very good value for money. The hotel was very clean, the staff very helpful & our room was amazing with a balcony.
The area is amazing for hiking!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, amazing views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benji
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have just got back from spending 4 nights at the Hotel Miklic in Kranjska Gora, having stayed in a lot of different Hotels round Kranjska I was interested how this would measure up, needless to say we wasn't disappointed. I booked this Hotel almost 12 months in advance due to a big sporting event being held in the area, from my first email to Gregor nothing was too much trouble, any information I required Gregor was only too happy to oblige, he will help you organise transportation to and from the airport should you require, the one thing I was really surprised about was Gregor didn't require a deposit from me, I booked two double rooms for 4 nights & he was more than happy to reserve these rooms for me( this is very typical of the Slovenian people,very trustworthy & very welcoming).
The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, the rooms are very large,very clean & always nice & warm, there is a TV in the room & on request they even put a kettle in ours.
The food in the hotel is some of the best I've eaten in Kranjska. At breakfast there was ample to choose from & they would also cook you eggs & ham to your liking, we took half board & the choice from the menu was plenty & the food it's self was outstanding, the beauty of their half board is you can take your main meal anytime from 12:00-21:00.
The staff in the hotel are all very pleasant & very helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
Overall my stay here was fantastic & I will defiantly be booking this hotel again when I return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Miklic. In the beautiful alpine setting of Kranjska Gora, the hotel was very welcoming and impeccably clean. Rooms were spacious and both the breakfasts and dinners were good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We've just returned from staying at Hotel Miklic for a week of half-term skiing. Suffice to say that we have already booked for next year, as we really couldn't fault anything about our stay. We had room 2, which is actually an apartment with two bedrooms, a lounge/dining area, a small kitchenette and a lovely large bathroom. Everything was absolutely spotless and there was so much space for us and our two young boys. Gregor and all of his staff were fantastic and couldn't have done more for us. The meals at Hotel Miklic are fabulous; breakfast was great with tons of choice, from pastries and strudels, to breads, hams and cheeses, yoghurts, eggs cooked whichever way you'd like, fruit and cereals. We were on a half-board option which meant we could have our other meal whenever we liked from 12noon through to 9.30pm! The choice for dinner was truly amazing, with starters, a salad course, a main course and a dessert included in the half board option. All of the food was tasty, wholesome and the portions were very generous. There is a lovely, big playroom downstairs where all the children (from many nationalities) played together. This is a lovely, friendly, family-run hotel and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family