“Family-run hotel which is comfortable, friendly and well located.”

Hotel & Restaurant Miklic
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kranjska Gora
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Family-run hotel which is comfortable, friendly and well located.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our first visit to Slovenia and we received a wonderful welcome. The hotel is very well run by the Miklic family. Our room was clean and comfortable with a small balcony. We chose the Half-Board option which suited us well; large breakfasts followed by good suppers, with just some fruit in the middle of the day whilst we were out hiking. As other reviewers have said, the staff cannot be more helpful in their advice and their knowledge. This is a lovely friendly hotel. We recommend it very highly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMEdQ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June, as we planned to do some hiking in the area. Kranjska Gora is beautiful, surrounded by gorgeous mountains. Hotel Miklic is a wonderful place to stay. It is a short walk from the ski trails which also have mountain bike trails in the summer. The hotel is charming, everything is immaculate, very comfortable rooms/beds, and we enjoyed the balcony for after-hike resting and listening to birdsong. We decided to do the half-board and eat our dinners at the hotel, which was a very good decision. The food is wonderful, portions are generous, and there are many choices. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BongaC
Padova
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with wonderful staff. This hotel represents a true meaning of "resting while on vacation". We got here on recommendation from our friends, and we will definitely return again! The food was really good, rooms quite big and wifi worked great.

• Stayed December 2013
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been visiting Kranjska Gora off and on for the last 13 years and I love Slovenia a little bit more every time I visit. I have always wanted to stay at Hotel Miklic but for one reason or another never quite made it. This time I have. I am still here, I arrived on Wednesday and leave next Wednesday. Gregor is by far the most genial and wonderful host I have ever encountered, as a single traveller the reception I receive on arrival always dictates the holiday and Gregor could not have been more welcoming. My room is amazing, almost a suite! And the views are stunning, as they always are in this town. I cannot recommend Hotel Miklic and Gregor enough, all the staff here are wonderfully helpful and friendly. When I visit Kranjska Gora I will always stay here - until I manage to buy my own apartment! Thank you all for a wonderful holiday, which is still only half way through, Katie

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HighheeledLeader
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Discovering the very comfortable Hotel Miklic was a high point on our recent cycling holiday. Our host, Gregor Miklic, an ex-elite mountain biker, also had wonderful local knowledge of the road cycling routes around the Julian Alps. He was so helpful that we had one of our best cycling holidays in the last 10 years. The staff were very welcoming and the restaurant catered very well for cycling appetites. There was even a large, secure bike storage and maintenance room. We will be back! Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel Miklic was wonderful for 2 friends traveling on a walking holiday. Terrific location for hiking and biking. Rooms were clean, comfortable. Food was delicious. Wonderful staff. Made our visit memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Sincere thanks to Gregor, Tina and Miklic family for making our walking holiday such a great experience. The hotel is ideally located to explore all walking routes. Breakfast is superb, fresh food and service with genuine smiles. The room views are awesome with comfortable amenities and clean. Gregor is now a friend and we so look forward to a future visit with our sons.
A quality vacation thankyou.
From