“Nice hostel in the center of the city”
Review of Fluxus Hostel

Fluxus Hostel
and 1 more site!
Fluxus Hostel
Geneva
“Nice hostel in the center of the city”
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Fluxus hostel is a great choice if you want to stay a few days in the capital city of Slovenia. We chose the in-suite room for 2 people, which is colorful and tidy, although a bit small. We had a personal shower, but toilets are shared with the other people (there are two other rooms, for 6 and 8 people). Gentle personnel, central location. Definitely recommend it

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The staff were really friendly and knew lots of hidden spots to go to. The hostel was clean, modern and had amazing local decorations. The best hostel ever

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed in the double room, which was really nice, very modern, cosy and brightly coloured, probably the nicest room I've stayed in. The only bad point was that although it said en-suite, there wasn't a toilet, had to go out through the kitchen into the hall to use the shared toilet. Also, the shower was slightly weird as there was a shared light/ceiling with the bathroom next door meaning that you could hear other people and that the light could get switched off while you were still in the shower.
Apart from that, the location was really good, and the people who worked there were very friendly. There was also a portable dvd player in the room and dvds in the kitchen to watch. The kitchen was really nice and modern/bright, although the room did basically lead out into the kitchen which was a bit annoying as when there were people in the kitchen talking or watching tv you could hear them quite loudly, however this didn't seem to be a problem at night while we were there, and the whole place was generally really quiet.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Pristina, Kosovo
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I have just returned from my trip to Slovenia and had a wonderful stay at the Fluxus Hostel. I have initally planned on staying in a hotel in Ljubljana but was so glad that a friend suggested that I try out the hip hostels there instead. Fluxus was the cleanest and most tastefully decorated hostel I had ever stayed in with so much attention to detail being put in the bedding, furnishings, colour schemes, plants etc. The rooms were large, spacious and not over crowded with beds. The location was perfect, right in the centre of town, less than a five minute walk to the three bridges. There was also a sandwich shop/bakery below the hostel so it was convenient to grab breakfast there every morning. The owner of the hostel was very hospitable and even suggested places to visit around Slovenia. I was travelling alone and it was great having the hosts welcome me back to the hostel every evening. They even lent me a Slovenia guidebook and small trolley bag to travel around for a days. It was not just a bed in a foreign country but more of a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Fluxus is a small homely hostel with located in central Ljubliana, a short walk from the old town. We stayed in the double room. Like the girl below, I was dissapointed to find that despite booking an ensuite room, the toilet was shared. We did have an ensuite shower and sink which shared a light with the dorm shower room, but this didn't bother us.

In spite of that, I have given the hostel a high rating because I loved the character of the hostel. All of the staff were just brilliant and it felt like we were staying in a friend's house. The decor was warm and funky.

There was a nice kitchen, t.v. with lots of channels and a large selection of DVD's. The double room also has a portable dvd player. There is a computer with free internet access. It is right next door to an Illy Kiosk, where we got breakfast most mornings. I would especially recommend this hostel to solo travellers as you definitely wouldn't feel lonely here!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nóinín
Padova
Reviewed 9 December 2008

Hostel Fluxus is a place you can certainly
can call home from the very first moment.
The staff is so friendly and the rooms are warm, colorful and cozy.
The staff helped us so much and made us feel welcome,
we loved the refined cheerful decorations and little delicious details in the rooms. A wide selections of dvds, tv channels and dvd player in the double room were great to relax when tired of walking all day long.
The hostel is in a perfect location downtown so close to everything!
I'd love t come back soon!!!

Ciao ciao and grazie

Chiara from Italy

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank megintosh
California
Reviewed 17 October 2008

So disappointing. My boyfriend and I stayed there in September. We booked the double ensuite room because we like the hostel atmosphere but like to have a bathroom to ourselves. When we arrived we were shown the toilet in the front room by the computer. We just figured they were showing it to us in case we happened to be out there, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. We were shown to an extremely small room with only a very small shower in it. The shower had only a small dividing wall between it and the dorm rooms next door. It also shared a ceiling with the dorm room next door and the one light in the shower could be turned off by both sides. I was in the shower and someone on the other side turned off the light. Also, the kitchen and the balcony where everyone, and I mean everyone, smokes and drinks til all hours of the night is right next to the double room making sleeping almost impossible. Stay clear if you want any sort of privacy. Also, lucky for me my boyfriend didn’t mention that he saw a cockroach in the shower until after we left, he knew I would have really lost it then. Location is good and the people working there are nice enough but I’m sure you could do better.

• Liked — Location was good
  • Disliked — Everything else not so good
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SissytheCat

Travellers are raving about these Ljubljana hotels