“Great location & a nice inexpensive place to stay.”
Review of Alibi M14

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ljubljana
Alibi M14
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here for a couple nights in a private room with a bathroom. It was very nice- the room was bigger than we expected, and the location couldn't be beat! Having a shared kitchen was nice, as well as the computers so we could check our e-mail. The girl at the reception desk was nice and helpful as well. It was nice to be able to walk over to the market and buy fresh fruit and baked bread for our breakfast for the time we were there!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alibi M14

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I'm not a complaining type, but On the first morning of our stay the shower in our room leaked all over our bedroom floor, in doing so soaking my partner's bag of clothes. He had to spend the morning at the youth hostel shivering in his underpants while his clothes were tumble dried. The shower,which we had paid extra for was never fixed, and even though we could not use it, it continued to leak, and we had a puddle on our floor all weekend.

We received no apology, but when we pointed out we should be given some refund as we hhad paid for an ensuite shower, it was agreed we would be given some money back. However,on the day we left the girl on reception had no knowledge of this, and we had to insist she phoned the manager. Eventually after much waiting, we were given 20% back (37 euros), so we had still paid more than our friends who had not had an ensuite shower (but did have the luxury of a dry floor and dry clothes!) The manager refused to speak to us. So all in all I was pretty disgusted. The whole place was in a state of disrepair.

Ljubljana was fantastic though, so we managed to have a jolly good weekend despite our showe troubles, but if you go to Ljubljana, DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2011

What does one expect when coming to a hostel? Certainly this is not the place to look for luxury and pampering. What I expect is a place with basic facilities, clean enough to stay in, where I can lay my head at night to get a satisfactory sleep; if I can get some extra of a nice and friendly atmosphere, some accessories like free internet use, an quipped kitchen to make my meals etc', I consider it as a bonus. Of course, the price should be relatively cheap and the location is an important factor.

All that I had in Alibi M14 hostel in Ljubljana. It is located near the center of Ljubljana, and it takes a few minutes to get there. The receptionist was nice and helpful. The room (10 beds, mixed dorms) and the whole place, at least inside the building, were clean and relatively comfortable. I worried a little about noise and disturbances at night (as I have heard the case is in some hostels), but it was quiet and I could get my sleep. There is a room with some internet stations I couls work on for free. The people around were nice and I liked the atmosphere. The bathroom and toilet were clean. Oh, and the place is hostel-priced, and that is to be appreciated in Ljubljana, where accommodation is relatively expensive.

Would I recommend this place for staying in Ljubljana? Certainly, if you share my expectaions, as mentioned above.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in Alibi M14, 1 in a room with shared bathroom (because they had double booked the room we actually booked), then 3 with a private bathroom.

Ignore some people who said it's like a 3 star hotel - it's not, it's a hostel, but a decent enough one. The only real problems we had were that switching of rooms, the fact the shower drained really slowly so flooded the bathroom a bit, and the noise - it was hot, so you need the windows open, but then the street was noisy as it's central.

However, being central is good too! It was less than 5 minutes to the main square and the bridges over the river, and about 5 to the bus/train station.

When I looked art other places around the same price, they are either nicer but far out of town or not as decent, so for the price I don't think you can complain! So if you can afford a hotel in the centre, go for that, if not, Alibi is a decent option if you intend to be out in the day etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hostel comes with a good rating and I believe they deserve it. We had a double room and ensuite that could have easily been 2 rooms in other hotels and hostel. There was a futon in the room, so I suspect they often would sleep 3 in this room however that didn't mean we were charged extra, as the rate was very reasonable. The hostel was 10 or so minutes from the station and only about 2 minutes for the centre square. The desk staff were absolutely wonderful, and really made no fuss of any question or request. Our only complaint (and I do mean only) was that the signing to the hostel is not obvious and being on the second floor there is, no lift. Other than that this hostel is fantastic and well worth basing yourself out of in Ljubljana.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This was my first hostel experience although my husband has used many in his time.
I was impressed with the receptionist who was very helpful, the size of room and the cleanliness. We had an en-suite which was good. The location is perfect to explore Ljubljana. My only complaint is not of the hostel but of the other people in the hostel who were loud and inconsiderate! But then I am told this is the difference between a hostel and a hotel. However, sleep quality was not great! I would recommend for a one night stop where this doesn't matter too much.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LKG2008
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Best bit about our one night stay was the friendly and helpful service from the girl on the desk. We had a double room without en-suite which was clean but a little crampt and we thought expensive at 50 euro's. There was a long wait for the only bathroom ( shared with the dorms) and the street was noisy - lots of drunken revellers returning home til the early hour of the morning.

Room Tip: ask for a back room with en-suite
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple