“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 563 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$13 - US$54
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Behind a humble, discreet entrance at Križevniška street next to the Križanke theatre, Shambala is a place of harmony. The interior merges the old thick-walled Ljubljana house with a stylish modern interior design, which shows some eastern mystique. The food follows this composition in reverse: It’s essentially Asian, incorporating modern trends and a glimpse of what we are traditionally used to. In short - it’s the eastern promises fulfilled.
Maribor, Slovenia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Most easily described as excellent. I had lemon grass marinated beefsteak with passion fruit ice cream. My girlfriend had shrimps made on grill with rice and asian sauces also breathtakingly good.

“Romantic ambience, friendly staff and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The restaurant offers Asian food. Ambience is a theme and really nice. I love it. The staff is really friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
The food is interesting and tasty. Nice plating. For starters I ordered the Vietnamese rolls, which were interesting, but nothing special. For the main course, I ordered steak which was very tasty. I highly recommend. For dessert I chose the soufflé with mango ice cream, which was delicious but I prefer a dessert of passion fruit, ordered by my girlfriend. I must mention the excellent wine list.
In short, we will come back again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Thai Food in the World (except maybe Thailand)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Love the red currey. Love the steak. Love the Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Love the vegetable and shrimp tempura

Visited March 2014
Domzale
“Fantastic flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

There is friendly and romantic atmosphere. There are not too many things in the menu, but their are carefully selected. There are plenty of different flavors in the dishes - great. I would suggest more fresh wines and and more to choose from region Štajerska.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kranj, Slovenia
“exellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were a group of 8 and we had a dinner on rainy Saturday evening. We ate everything from the menu. For the starters we ate a selection of different VIETNAMESE SALAD ROLLS which were very tasty. Than I ordered a steak with lemon grass which was perfect. For the dessert I ate passion fruit ice cream with cocoa and hazelnut cream. All together we were all very satisfied with the food and also with the ambient and service. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to everyone who likes asian food. The price for dinner including cafe and a couple of wine bottles was not very high, approximately 45 EUR per person which is a good price for such quality.

• Visited January 2014