Lesar Angel is in a marvellous location, one street back from the river and at the end of a cobbled street where there are several restuarants if you want to dine on the doorstep. Its on a pedestrian street so there is no traffic or associated noise.
We booked a junior suite, which was very spacious and well appointed - large bathroom (though a shower over the bath, not separate), nice size lounge (no television) with 2-person dining table, huge sofa and a lovely writing desk. The bed was wonderful with great clean linen of high quality and plenty of room to walk around. TV was in here. Good sized bedside tables and nice lamps (though the lighting, for those who like to read in bed, was one of the few things we thought could be improved). There were a few pieces of fruit in the room and water when we arrived.
The staff are courteous and helpful and were, unnecessarily, very apologetic when we couldn't have our room at 1130am! (We never expected it). Breakfast is good quality but simple continental style and the lady who runs it (who we thought looked like Felicity Kendal) was warmth and courtesy personified.
The minor downsides, just for the sake of completeness were ..
- Windows on our floor were rooflights so there was hardly any view without straining.
- We went in March and had lots of rain and sleet and snow so take umbrellas as the hotel didn't have any to lend out.
- After a long hard winter the carpets have a few stains which will, I'm sure, soon be removed
Would we stay again? Definitely.
Would we recommend it to our friends? For sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LESAR HOTEL ANGEL was built in the centre of Old Ljubljana and resides in a large medieval house, where tradition and a classic look join the modern trends and approaches of topmost hospitality. Good knowledge of the city's history enabled us to shape the living space in a way that allows our esteemed guests not only to experience a pleasant and serene stay, but also feel first hand the charm of the life led by the old townspeople who once inhabited this place. In this way, we wish to join the old and traditional with the contemporary and modern.The hotel prides itself on its 500 m2 private garden that ascends the slope of the Castle Hill directly underneath the castle tower, from where a marvellous view of Ljubljana and its surroundings may be enjoyed. The garden has an exit to the Cat's Path, one of the popular routes towards the Ljubljana Castle.We wish to offer our guests a luxury stay in a calm leisure or working environment, where they can enjoy gourmet cuisine and spend time in perfect privacy in the very centre of Ljubljana, be it in the premises of the hotel or in the pleasant hotel garden. Due to the location of the old town centre, the hotel is a perfect vantage point for various activities in Ljubljana and its vicinity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lesar Hotel Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.