“Glad we held out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 55 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Colorado
“Glad we held out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We first tried a few other places charging about the same for rooms not nearly as nice as the Angel. Spacious, modern decor and clean with a large rain head shower (room 10). The linens were high quality, white duvets and fluffy towels. The mattress is very comfortable. Our room is very quiet as it's in the back of the hotel, just off a really nice terrace. Breakfast is in a lovely dining room and consisted of fresh cheese, meats, fruit, yogurt, baked goods, crepes and a baked egg dish. Really nice! You can't beat the location which was close to everything. For the guys: HUGE TV with the world cup soccer channel...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LH_Angel, Guest Relations Manager at Lesar Hotel Angel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Leanne!

The rain shower is special, right! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you loved the city as much as you loved the hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Graz, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Perfect small hotel in center of Ljubljana. I fell in love with the design of hotel witch ist based in the center of medieval Ljubljana. stuff of the hotel is very polite and helpful.. I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is so great to hear you enjoed your stay with us!

Next time, we hope to make an even better impression!
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

A small but very nice hotel in a wonderful location. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of outdoor seating restaurants right around the corner on a pedestrian only street. There is also a small grocery store nearby. They do need to replace some of the carpeting but other than that it was a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoanandJack
LH_Angel, Guest Relations Manager at Lesar Hotel Angel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Joan and Jack,

we are glad to see you've enjoyed your stay in our hotel as well as Ljubljana!

Granted, the carpets were in need of some TLC and were just cleaned 2 days ago, there is always someting to do, and we're sorry we haven't gotten to it eariler and hope this hasn't impacted your stay too much!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved the building itself and the location of the hotel. The city is beautiful, nearby streets full of people eating outside having a good time. The staff were helpful, especially the receptionist. The bathroom was very light and spacious. The high rating I have given is because of these points.

The room itself was dark, looking out onto another roof close by. The overhead lights and bedside lights combined didn't give good-enough illumination for reading. The pillows have polyester filling, not comfortable.

Parking is a bit of a nightmare. Because the hotel is in the pedestrian centre of the old town it is quite a walk to the nearest parking place. Unfortunately there wasn't parking available at the hotel when we booked. Taking these later points only, I would give it a poor review.

Room Tip: Don't get room 1 as it is rather dark in the daytime and the artificial lighting in the evenings...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carisso
LH_Angel, Guest Relations Manager at Lesar Hotel Angel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear mr. Carisso!

I thank you for your review!

We try to do the best we can, so we will certainly try to have at least some of these things fixed and hope that you would have a more pleasant stay if you come back to stay with us!

Kind regards!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

A very nice small hotel in one of the best parts of Ljubljana. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I found the rooms to be pleasant, spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is pretty good.

On the same street as the hotel there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars (but it doesn't get too noisy at night, at least at the end where the hotel is located). One of the routes up to the castle starts just a little way up the road, and it's only a short walk to the river or pretty much anywhere else of interest in the city centre.

I would recommend this as a place to stay in Ljubljana.

Room Tip: If you can afford it (I got lucky with a free upgrade) and don't have a problem with stairs, the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JonCoates
Dear mr. Coates!

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are always trying to improve and pelase our guests!

p.s. The superior rooms really are nice and airy :)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is lovely and the staff are very friendly. Rooms are spacious and the breakfast was delicious. The hotel is in a great location. They did however lack a bit of attention to detail for example they gave us a voucher for a free drink at a restaurant that was closed. That said, I have already recommended this hotel to friends and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itcheyfeet
Thank you for your review!

We will surely try not to make such mistakes, unfortunatelly thy do happen and we apologise for any incoivenience this might have caused!

We are glad, that you enjoyed your stay all-in all! and hope to see you again!
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was fortunate to be a guest at this hotel on two nights, April 23, and 25 of this year. My booking was made by my business associates, somewhat out of my control, but I was looking forward to the stay based on the reviews I read here. I was not disappointed. This is technically a B&B, but acts more like a full-service hotel.

My flight from the US arrived at 12:30p, and the hotel had arranged for an early check in. I was able to freshen up, take a quick nap, and enjoy the sights in Ljubljana before starting work the next day. There was a minor issue with the first room assigned, and Reception was happy to change my room with no hassle at all. I ended up in Room 6, and enjoyed it so much on the first night, I requested it for my return later in the week. (when I returned, they had the key to Room 6 ready for me)

The location is fantastic, with restaurants, bars and shops, as well as the three bridges, just a short walk away. My room was quiet, and the bed was quite comfortable.

I found the hotel to be immaculate, the staff totally accomodating, from Reception, to the bar, to Tea, the lovely young lady at breakfast. The included breakfast is complete, with meats, cheeses, smoked fish, fruits, yogurt, and anything else you might imagine. I got the feeling from the staff that I was being welcomed into their home.

For my departure, the hotel gladly arranged a taxi for me for 6a on Saturday. Boris, the driver, arrived promptly, and charged the stated 36 Euro, a nice break from the 45 Euro the taxi charged into town.

I look forward to visiting the Lesar Angel again in the future, and wish all my "friends" there well.

Room Tip: Room 6 is not huge, but only up one flight, and quiet at night. There's a king bed, and desk, a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve M
LH_Angel, Public Relations Manager at Lesar Hotel Angel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Steve!

A warm hello from the whole staff at Lesar Hotel Angel!

We are so glad we lived up to your expectations and hope to see you again soon!