This is a lovely place and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Some minor comments stops me giving it an Excellent rating but they are nothing serious. This list is in no particular order:
* The family apartment we had was very hot especially the master bedroom on the mezzanine. We had to have the airco and fan full blast all night to stay cool. I guess it is in the roof and I suspect the other suites are not so hot.
* The sheets on the master bed only just come to the edge of the bed so for someone like me who moves a lot you end up sleeping on the mattress.
* Breakfast is pretty minimal but having said that, there are only 12 rooms here so I guess they don't want to have to throw a lot away (which is also fine by me because I wouldn't want them to waste a lot of food on my behalf. My footprint is big enough as it is).
* The spa is as most spas are in small hotels: small. there is a small jacuzzi, some good quality exercise equipment and saunas. Admittedly, I don't use this stuff much but I would prefer they didn't have it rather than do it as a kind of add on. It often feels like these things are just stuck somewhere because it is obligatory to have them (still the kids had fun in the jacuzzi).
For the rest, this is a very nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff and an excellent location. We had a very large family suite with bunk beds for the kids (there is another family suite but the kids beds were at each end of the suite).
One note of warning about getting to the hotel. In the last month, a pedestrian district has been created around it and you can't drive to the hotel without first getting an electronic badge from the hotel to get through the barriers. The GPS was not updated yet so we went round in circles for awhile. Ring the hotel for advice before arriving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is one of the most recent and equally most unique additions to Ljubljana's accommodation offering. This 16th century former noble residence enjoys the premium location in the heart of Ljubljana's historic town centre and is the ideal choice for families as well as business and leisure guests looking for a unique and relaxing experience. Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa boosts 19 suites and residential apartments, 3 unique conference & banqueting suites, executive business centre, luxury day spa, leisure facilities, two bars and courtyards as well as several relaxation areas by the open fire - all in the heart of the historic town centre and just a stone-throw away from the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiq Palace Hotel Ljubljana
- Antiq Palace Hotel And Spa