From the moment you walk through the grand wooden doors and see the candles lighting the way up to reception, you know you are going to be staying somewhere special.
The building is beautiful, the rooms are something else, the breakfast is fantastic, and the staff are incredibly helpful.
We originally had room 14 allocated for our party of 2 adults and 2 kids, but were upgraded to suite 3, which was huge: 2 large bedrooms, dining room, very large sitting room, kitchen and bathroom (with jacuzzi bath and separate massage shower). The beds are so comfortable! I won't repeat what other reviewers have said, other than it is such a pleasurable expereince to stay here.
We also booked the spa area (which you get exclusively to yourself) with the jacuzzi and 3 saunas, although the Turkish one wasn't working at the time. Kids loved it - candle lit, water left out for you, relaxing music playing, plenty of towels.
Breakfast is also very special - laid out perfectly and delicious food. You just have to go there.
We only stayed for 1 night on our way back from a ski trip in Slovenia, but even so, we were there long enough to totally relax and enjoy the ambience. Throughout the stay, the staff could not have been more helpful, which is sometimes hard to find in hotels these days.
Location is really good for the old town (note other review comments about being hard to find. We were lucky enough to have a local with us who just took us there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is one of the most recent and equally most unique additions to Ljubljana's accommodation offering. This 16th century former noble residence enjoys the premium location in the heart of Ljubljana's historic town centre and is the ideal choice for families as well as business and leisure guests looking for a unique and relaxing experience. Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa boosts 19 suites and residential apartments, 3 unique conference & banqueting suites, executive business centre, luxury day spa, leisure facilities, two bars and courtyards as well as several relaxation areas by the open fire - all in the heart of the historic town centre and just a stone-throw away from the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiq Palace Hotel Ljubljana
- Antiq Palace Hotel And Spa