Just as their website promises, it's a true town palace and you can feel the historical spirit throughout the property. Very decent ascetic interior decoration, almost Scandinavian minimalistic approach, in any case not as some places, that are over killed with decoration and this makes them like luxurious. Luxury can be found here in the spacious apartments, we’ve stayed in a 100 sq.meter one bedroom apartment at an unbeatable price of just 250 €, and I was told this is just an average size for the Antiq Palace and not their biggest one. As said, the decor is minimalistic, yet all you need is there, not to mention an excellent high speed free wi-fi connection. big lcd tv's, and the furniture seems to be of high quality baroque styled (not kitschy) massive oak. Bathroom was small, but given this is a historic property, protected as a monument, it's understandable they have their architectural limitations.
Excellent breakfast at European prices, but sellection is really great.
Common areas are beautiful as well, a beautifull courtyard, downstairs salon is a bit medieval, nice saunas and Jacuzzi and I've had one of the best massages I ever had. Service in general is excellent; I've never experienced staff being sooo kind to me and helpful. They came to open the gate for me, when we drove in from Croatia with my wife and daughter, so I could park in front of the property which is otherwise situated in a traffic-restricted area in the heart of the old town, so car access and parking is really not a problem, just give the concierge a call when you are at the gate at the square of the French Revolution.
Surounded by the palace of the University and National University library, for me it's one of the most beautiful locations. The location is unbeatable for discovering the old town and sightseeing and there's plenty of places to eat around there in the neighbourhood. One block down is the embankment of the Ljubljanica river with numerous cafés and bars. The concierge arranged a nice boat trip along the river for our family and virtually anything can be arranged through their concierge service.
I've been to some other SLH properties and Antiq Palace can easily qualify as one. All in all it was a perfect experience and I agree with the good reviews posted before me, the bad ones I can understand, as I saw some aspects of those as well, but they did not seem that critical to me, given the place is a protected monument. I do not understand how some people can complain, if they are given a free stay and even have the nerve to post a review. In any case, I can recommend the Antiq palace and I will definitely come back, if I go to Ljubljana next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is one of the most recent and equally most unique additions to Ljubljana's accommodation offering. This 16th century former noble residence enjoys the premium location in the heart of Ljubljana's historic town centre and is the ideal choice for families as well as business and leisure guests looking for a unique and relaxing experience. Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa boosts 19 suites and residential apartments, 3 unique conference & banqueting suites, executive business centre, luxury day spa, leisure facilities, two bars and courtyards as well as several relaxation areas by the open fire - all in the heart of the historic town centre and just a stone-throw away from the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiq Palace Hotel Ljubljana
- Antiq Palace Hotel And Spa