Went to Ljubljana for the first time ever and our expectations were high. Unfortunately the hotel wasn't what we were hoping for.
First of all the hotel is difficult to find. You can't drive straight there (it's pedestrian area) so somebody from the reception has to come to the gates and help you through. Ok, not that big of a deal yet.
We had a suite from the street side. The suite was spacious: two large bedrooms and a living room. There was also a kitchenette but we were told nobody uses them so the cabins were empty. The athmosphere in the room was kind of cold and weird -the furniture was in no way stylish but a mixture of different big "parts".
The room itself was not cold since there is no A/C. And that caused a bit of a problem since it was really warm but you couldn't open the windows at night because of the noice from the street. And there was plenty of it: people singing loud when coming from the bars, church bells every 15 (!) minutes and a recycle bin for glasses that was in active use. No good. You could hear everything from the street even when the windows were closed but of course it only really bothers at night.
The personnel was not professional. Nice but in no way capable for handling the service of a luxury hotel. For two days we tried to get us massage from the spasection without success. It seems that the spa personnel is hired from somewhere else and somehow impossible to contact. Spa was empty and we spent the whole weekend without any treatments. That was really annoying and the staff was hopeless. Pls, if you DON'T have spa possibilities then DON'T call yourself a spa.
Two little details more: 1) the wi-fi didn't work well in all the rooms 2) the so-called breakfast was handled by one person who was running around cleaning tables/filling trays/getting coffees so I suppose there just isn't enough staff.
We can't give more than two stars and we will definitely not go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is one of the most recent and equally most unique additions to Ljubljana's accommodation offering. This 16th century former noble residence enjoys the premium location in the heart of Ljubljana's historic town centre and is the ideal choice for families as well as business and leisure guests looking for a unique and relaxing experience. Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa boosts 19 suites and residential apartments, 3 unique conference & banqueting suites, executive business centre, luxury day spa, leisure facilities, two bars and courtyards as well as several relaxation areas by the open fire - all in the heart of the historic town centre and just a stone-throw away from the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and LateRooms so you can book your Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiq Palace Hotel And Spa
- Antiq Palace Hotel Ljubljana