“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marley & Me
Ranked #28 of 563 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Central European, Slovenian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Excellent choice for lunch or dinner in one of the nicest streets of old town. We are small and simple yet excellent..Just for you. Find out yourself! :). We received from Ljubljana municipality a certificate of quality. We are rated among top 15 in Ljubljana!
Vienna, Austria
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We found this gem of a bistro/restaurant on a dinner-stop-over in Ljubljana by luck and are so happy that we did. The owner provided very good service despite the place being full to the last seat and showed a lot of humour and patience when dealing with the many kids-guest in the bistro. The food was yummy! The only problem I see is that the menu had so many promising dishes that I feel I have missed out on so much by choosing one dish only... hence we will have to go back for some more!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Clouds777

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“The best chocolate cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

It is quite a while when I was there but I was very satisfied. It is a cute litlle restaurant - more like a bistro. Very good food, light and delicius. Nice atmosphere. Just a few tables, so it is calm. And I have eaten the best chocolate cake in my life here. I don't like cakes at all, but somehow my husband made me eat it. And I wasn't disapointed. It was really delicius. It is homemade I was told. I recommend absolutelly.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Natasa K
“Nicest place in Old town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Good food and nice atmosphere. Try daily menu,as it is great value. Save some space for homemade cake...

1 Thank Mihahcan
Noventa Di Piave
“better then i tought!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I will start saying that this is, to my opinion, an italian restaurant, for sure it is not slovenian food.
The place is right in the old town, in the shopping street.
We where there last week, I had a fillet mignon with mushrooms sauce and veggie and my girlfriend had gnocchi with truffle oil and mustard sauce, they both were very nice! With a pint of Union beer we paid €35,70, the right price for me when eating good food, but might be a little expensive for thoose traveling Slovenia on a budget.

1 Thank Marco G
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to visit Marely & Me. It started off poorly when they didn't have any mint tea (unheard of in Ljubljana!!) and then the pasta dish that I ordered was filled with peppers which I generally avoid, but this was not described in the menu! My husband's lamb dish was average.

The atmosphere was cosy for the cold day that we visited but because it was cold, there was no outside seating and things were quite cramped.

Overall, we were very disappointed and won't be going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MarleyMe, Owner at Marley & Me, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear guest,

I have to reply on your review which is in my view not fair.

To be different and not to offer the same ( regarding standard tea) as everyone else ; in my view is not bad.
And secondly description of food contains main ingredients and do not conclude all of it, like it does not conclude for instance salt which we all know is there. So if you are avoiding pepper you could just ask service, who would gladly advise and help you.

Nevertheless I do feel sorry you had bad experience at our place and do hope you will give us second chance and return.