“Call if you arrive late otherwise you'll never get inside.”
Review of Stari Tisler

Stari Tisler
Ranked #24 of 60 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Overall, I liked the room. It was clean, warm and very nice.
The breakfast is rather basic but it's ok. The location is very good too. But everything is so close that any place is a good location.
The only bad point in the reception.
I booked my room via booking.com and specified I was arriving late, around midnight.
I didn't have any response from the hotel neither after sending an email. Because I booked quite late I wanted to ensure that would not be an issue and decided to call the day before.
Hopefully I did because the woman I had on the phone had to explain how to enter after dark.
The front door is locked and you need a card to enter. So she let it open for me.
If I hadn't call I would have been stuck outside without any way to know how to enter !!!
Still when I came in, it was dark everywhere and nobody around, neither a sign for the reception desk.
I had to knock to all doors I could find until someone hears me. It took about 15min !!!

I discussed my issues with the woman who said it's due to the fact it's newly renovated and there should be a sign for the reception from April.

I would suggest to call before if you arrive late.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 December 2013

They let me bring my luggage a day before I actually checked in. I wanted to go through the Julian Alps but did not want to bring all my luggage with me so they stored it for me. The staff will help you carry your luggage to your room. The rooms are clean and they have comfortable pillows. Beds are a little firm. I ate dinner in their restraunt and it was very good.. The television has English speaking channels. It is very close (about 1 1/2 -2 blocks away) to the train & bus station. They have a courtyard that is nicely decorated and with tables. Their breakfast was very good. Bathroom was clean and has good water pressure. I would stay there again. if you are arriving by bus or train just walk out the front door and continue straight for about 1-2 blocks and it will be on your left (i think) very easy to find.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank World-wander-woman
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent 5 nights in this lovely, homely authentic B&B. Staff superb! we were provided great advice re local sites etc, ate and enjoyed the traditional style food cooked in site! High praise for staff presentation, we felt very relaxed in this all purpose establishment

Room Tip: some rooms quieter than others, check them out and ask advice
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank michael s
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stari Tisler is a short walk from the train and bus station. The old town is also within walking distance. It is a newly renovated hotel. The rooms are decorated in a modern style and were clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful. There was a good selection at breakfast and one of the staff offered to make eggs or an omelette for us. It was the most expensive place we stayed in Slovenia though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Room: Newly renovated and stylish. Small,clean and cozy. Acceptable price.
Location: Near Train Station and city center. It's G/F is a restaurant, a bit hard to locate it for the first time.
Staff: Very friendly and helpful, pre-packed BIG breakfast with sandwiches, drink and friuts for us to go as we left very early on the next morning

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Nicely renovated hotel still incorporating the old style. The room was very nice, clean and comfy. The bathroom is also nicely furnished. The access is card based, which means you have free access even at late hours, when the reception is closed. The location is great. Few minutes walking from the airport, also within walking distance from the old town. The restaurant has delicious food, parking is in front of the hotel, but they are city parking places, so you have to pay the meter. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Lovely place, with newly renovated rooms, private bathrooms, and confy beds. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a good place to stay, the prices are OK, and the location is good. Few minutes walk you can reach the old city center, also in walking distance from the Train station. Parking is not an easy task in Ljubljana, but you can find parking places on the street, we had luck when we arrived to find one free right in front of the entrance. Second time we found free place bit further on the street. Parking fee is 1.4Euro/hour, from 8:00 to 20:00. So overnight you don't have to pay. If you leave your car all day parked, ask the staff for the best options (cheapest/safest). We enjoyed our stay, and the food in the Restaurant is also great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple