“great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Cubo

Hotel Cubo
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very good location, good design and very friendly service! The rooms are not huge but clean and comfortable, with a nice transition between bathroom and bedroom (in my room there was a kind of alcove-sofa, very cool). Breakfast is good, although it would benefit from freshly squeezed juices... I have tried several hotels in Ljubljana, this is without doubts the best sofar!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Matevz, Manager at Hotel Cubo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry that you missed fresh juices - they are available upon request (free of charge) but it is missing on the table menu (which we will correct when we redesign the breakfast in the near future).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed here during a business trip to Slovenia. I really enjoyed my stay in this contemprary hotel which has only been running service for a couple of months.

Breakfast was excellent, the wireless wasn't really working for my needs. It didn't support VPN tunnels wich is essential for me and most business travellers. Surfing the net worked like a charm. No problem since there are a lot of bars/cafés offering free wifi in the town.

The personnel were alwasy willing to help and discrete. They liked their new hotel, and did everything possible to get me and other customers satisfied.

I had a room towards the street and it's very well insulated. You here it's a street outside but not disturbing.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Matevz, Manager at Hotel Cubo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

We have checked the issue of VPN tunnels with our IT. We do not in any way prevent or limit opening of VPN channels in our WiFi, so it must have been a problem elsewhere. If you encounter the same problem during your next visit, please let us know and we will sort it out.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Our experience was nothing short of perfect. The Hotel is brand new - only 2/3 months open. The best thing about this hotel is that it's a completely NON-SMOKING hotel - OUTSTANDING!!!!! The decor is clean, bright and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing - lots of fresh fruit, cereals, breads and they will make your eggs to order, the cappuccino is included as well. The rooms were a very spacious, the beds were the most comfortable we have slept in in Europe - anywhere. The TV is a flat screen and offers many English speaking channels. The Wi-Fi is included in the room, you don't have to run around looking for a connection. The bathrooms were lovely and the towels, large and fluffy. Housecoats and slippers were in the rooms, again you didn't have to ask for them. They also had washcloths - which is something you don't find in most European hotels. The Staff were attentive and helpful beyond our expectations. When we arrived I asked if they could recommend a hair dresser, they did and they made the appointment for me. They even offered to walk me there so I wouldn't have to look for the shop. They recommended some wonderful restaurants, they even have a Taxi company on call for when you need a cab. The relaionship with the taxi company came in very handy when my husband left his BB in the taxi - a simple phone call to the driver and the phone was brought to the hotel. They offered to bring the BB to us at the restaurant we were going to be eating at if it didn't arrive before we had left. The staff at this hotel simply "Walk the Walk". Sandi, the General Manager was always on hand, always attending to customers needs - he took our luggage out to our car - the bellman was busy with another customer. We have travelled extensively throughout Europe staying at many different hotels and this hotel is in our top 3. We will continue to stay at Hotel Cubo everytime we travel to Ljubljana.

1  Thank BGBGOTB
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Just stayed over at the Hotel Cubo in Ljubljana.
it's one of the newer hotels in the city, and given that there weren't many reviews (only 7) it was a bit of a risk.
Luckily, it paid off, as I found the Hotel to be quite amazing in many respects.

PROS:
* Service was great, staff was friendly and always helpful.
* Location was on Slovenska Ulica (main street of the city) and very close to the old town.
* Room was huge. And I was only only in a single occupancy room. And though my room was facing the street on level 2, there was no traffic noises to be heard.
* Bed was big and very comfortable for a good night sleep. Also had heaps of pillows.
* Massive shower-head in a "rainfall" style.
* Free mini-bar restocked everyday!!!!
* Free wireless which is provided upon check-in, and one needn't beg for it.
* Big screen TV with a LOT of free channels.

CONS
* Not much of a lobby, but then again, I personally didn't mind it nor feel there needs to be a grand one like in most 5 stars.
* No facility to make tea or coffee, but then again, the mini-bar is free so can't complain.

All in all, I think this hotel will be at number 1 for quite a long time, and whenever I'm next in Ljubljana, I will no doubt be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I would highly recommend Hotel Cubo to anyone, and plan to return to Ljubljana to stay there again.

The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The towels and linens were superb. Wireless is free and there was no charge for the mini bar.

The staff went out of their way to help us. They chilled a bottle of wine we brought on our arrival and brought it up to our room 30 minutes later. When we went out for dinner the turn down service included refreshing the towels I used when I got ready for dinner.

The inclusive breakfast was above par, with fresh fruit, vegetables, eggs made to order, custard, seafood and lovely smoked ham in addition to the usual cereal, pastries, and breads.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at the Cubo a couple of nights while attending a conference. Ljubljana is indeed a beautiful city and this hotel certainly matches the beauty. Being central, it is only a few minutes walk to the riverbank with it's bars & restaurants. Very sleek & modern design with nice comfortable beds, lovely bed linen and towels/robes. Large room with free WiFi and minibar as included in price. Breakfast very high standard with fresh cofee, breads, cereals, cheeses, fruit etc. Was also asked if I wanted cooced breakfast but declined this option. Kinda regret that now but heyho. I got a reasonable rate through booking.com at 140 Euros/night. Walk-in rate is (I think - so I am happy to be corrected) about 250 Euros which could perhaps be seen as a bit steep. Very friendly and helpful staff organising airport transfer & ironing of shirts at no extra cost. This is a fantastic hotel and certainly one of the best I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The newest property on Ljubljana map.
The best mixture of modern interiors (big rooms, plenty of air, big TV, nicely setup bathroom with fancy window towards sleeping area) and tradition (it's a refurbished art-deco building). Very good, free wireless internet.
Surprise - minibar is free of charge!
Haven't tested the breakfast though, but I'm saving it for the next visit...

Room Tip: rooms facing the Slovenska cesta might be a little noisy if you are sensitive
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business