“Fantastic boutique hotel”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Cupertino, California
“Fantastic boutique hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in February 2012. The hotel is incredibly small, but the amenities and service are comparable to big five star hotels. The room is well designed with excellent bed. I got a room with a view of the castle. It is a short walk to city center where you can stroll along the river walk and head up to the castle. Minibar and VOIP phone call is included in your rate so feel free to raid the minibar and make few calls home. Aside from excellent breakfast spread, the restaurant has great chef for dinner. I was told that Cubo is well known by the local as top restaurant than as a hotel. You can't go wrong with Hotel Cubo when you are in Ljubljana.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I loved the modern design of the hotel, not only the look but also the quality of the fittings, lovely bathroom, great bed and air conditioning that works! The room was also very clean.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast is delicious with lots of choice.
The location is perfect for visiting the old town and there is parking from the hotel nearby.
Will definitely stay here again when in Ljubljana!!
M. Grant

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel was incredible! The rooms were beautifully designed and so comfortable. We had a view of the castle. The staff helped us with our daily plans, printing out directions and info about our stops. They gave us two stellar restaurant recommendations, Julija and Spatiza. I'm worried that no other hotel on the rest of our trip will live up to this one!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay in hotel Cubo and visiting Ljubljana. Slightly corporate feel to the hotel as main trade is the business market but service was outstanding. Rooms are well equipped, clean and spacious although an armchair in the room would have been nice. Definitely happy to recommend to anyone visiting this wonderful city.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Excellent hotel. Great location, great staff, great food. I would recommend without hesitation.

Innerleithen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in July 2012. We had a roadside double overlooking the castle on the 3rd floor.The hotel is AMAZING. Every member of staff we encountered was so friendly and could not do enough to help. The rooms are spacious and beautifully fitted and the bed was very comfortable. The minibar is included in the price which we felt was a great touch. We asked to borrow an iron and the staff offered to iron the clothes for us. The hotel is located around 5 minutes walk from the heart of Ljubljana. The breakfast is fantastic and we would recommend eating in the restaurant which served easily the finest food we had eaten in a fortnight's stay in Slovenia. The hotel has only been open 9 months and the previous reviews of the hotel were spot on. We would definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ljublana.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
North Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in July. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again. My rating is based on the following:

1) VERY friendly and super helpful staff
2) Comfortable room: Great A/C and shower! VERY comfortable bed
3) Great location - walking distance to the sites - good food nearby
4) Great TV options - I know I didn't come here for TV but it rained one day and it was nice to have more options than CNN.

When I walked into the room I was impressed. This is a boutique style hotel. Very modern design - chic maybe. The room was large and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a street side, castle view room. As a result, I did hear some street noise, but it didn't affect me at night - if you are sensitive, ask for a rear facing room.

What really impressed me was the service. The staff were extremely helpful in every way. They helped me with a last minute car rental. They parked the car and gassed the tank for me. I left at 5:30am and they made a box lunch for me since I was too early for breakfast. Oh, the minibar was free!

Breakfast was fine. Made to order eggs/omelette. The also had "pancakes" which I would desribe as crepes. Usual bread, cerals, fruit and cold cuts. Drinkable yoghurt and juices. Included in rate.

Tip: The A/C is controlled at the front desk, not your room. Call down if you need it adjusted. It worked great.

Tip: The DaBuDa (asian) and Foculus (pizza) were both great and a block away

Tip: It's a bit far to walk from the train station. Doable if you have one roller or a backpack

Booking: I booked this room at BOOKING.COM and got a good rate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo