“Outstanding Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Ljubljana
New Bern, North Carolina
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is a very unconventional review...my husband and I had reservations here but, due to circumstances beyond our control, were forced to cancel. Nonetheless, because the staff there had been so extraordinarily helpful to us in planning our trip, checking train schedules, investigating shuttle services and private car hires...in short, doing all kinds of fiddly things that are hard to do from a distance, I wanted to pay tribute to the outstanding service we received. We have travelled all over the world and stayed in magnificent hotels and I can say without exaggeration that the level of service and care we received here is beyond excellent...and well beyond that in most of the world's exclusive five star hotels. Bravo!!! We can hardly wait to reschedule our stay at the Hotel Cubo.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Lovely hotel with very confortable rooms and brand new. Location is about 10 min walking from the city center and 20 min from the train and bus station. Breakfast is okey, you will gain some weight for Sure.

• Stayed April 2013
Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I had a 5-night stay at Hotel Cubo in late March.
My reservation was done by email and the communication was professional and the replies speedy. I had a very good first impression.

They sent a driver to pick me up at the airport. He was ready for me and helpful with the luggage.
On my arrival, the greeting at reception was friendly and the process simple. When I asked for change for 5euros, he told me that Slovenes do not expect a tip but I can give one if the service is impeccable.
They had an envelope prepared with practical information and an introduction to the city and the hotel. In addition, they had prepared what looks like a school essay with descriptions and pictures of sites to visit. Unfortunately, this was given to me only on day 3.

The breakfast buffet includes everything and eggs and pancake are prepared on the spot so are warm and fresh. The restaurant staff was friendly at all times. I didn’t have a big meal for supper but it was fresh and tasty every evening. I didn’t even order from the menu, I just told them what I would like and I got it. All employees, without exception, are friendly, from reception to restaurant to cleaning staff.

The hotel and room are clean and modern, my single room on the 2nd floor (210) was spacious and pleasant but had no soundproofing. Every morning I heard the banging of doors and every night any sound from outside woke me up. The single room faces the parking of a couple of other buildings. When reception asked about my room satisfaction I told them about the noise and I was quickly offered a double room on the 3rd floor (301) and what a difference it made! Bathrooms in both rooms were of a good size, shower had good water pressure and there was plenty of counter space. They also provide bathrobe and slippers.

They gave me their business card so I could call them when ready to leave a museum that was a bit far away. Less than 5 minutes later, the taxi arrived.
Having made a few purchases with still 2 weeks of travel ahead of me and the post office closed for Easter, reception offered to send my parcel home on the next business day.
I was able to pay my bill the night before leaving. I’ve never been able to do that.

A couple of little things bothered me that are not unique to Cubo:
- the lobby/bar is by the door and too cold; however, the restaurant upstairs is always available for a drink even if it hasn’t yet opened
- there is no TV screen with the daily weather forecast in the lobby
- there is no clock in the room
- the lights in the room are very dim
- the pillows are too soft and uncomfortable

Suggestion:
Stay on the 3rd floor
Have at least one meal at the restaurant

The customer care at Hotel Cubo is the best I’ve encountered in my travels in Europe. I would not hesitate to stay there again and recommend it. I give it my first 5* rating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Katherine B
Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Hotel Cubo.

You can't tell from the photos, but the hotel is in a 1934 building that was once part of the Ursuline Convent that still has a beautiful church and other nice buildings around one of the town's many nice central squares. Although it is in a classic structure, the interior is extremely modern and very tastefully decorated.

Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. It was well-lit, had a flat panel TV and a large desk area. There were many, many nice touches. The bed had headboard reading lamps. There was a free mini-bar. One thing I really liked was that there were at least three or four open plugs for charging laptops, cell phones, etc.

Breakfast was great. They not only had a broad set of continental offerings (fruit, several kinds of yogurt, a cereal bar with dozens of offerings, five kinds of cheese, several different breads, etc.), but gave us a cooked breakfast as well.

The entire staff were incredibly friendly. When we checked in the receptionist gave us a "care package" including maps and information about the city. When we indicated we were interested in visiting Bled, she gave us that as well, and also went through the city map highlighting the city's main attractions.

Incidentally, Ljubljana is an amazing town, with a beautiful natural setting, an overlooking castle, a river with several romantic cafes and clever attractive bridges, many pretty squares, large bronze dragons, and lots of great Art Nouveau and other appealing buildings. It is well worth a visit. Hotel Cubo is right at the edge of the town center and is maybe a minute's walk to some of the squares and cultural attractions.

There was some bad weather the night we arrived, so we ate in the hotel restaurant. It struck me as relatively new, but the food was excellent and they were very eager to please. If you want to stay in, it is a good option.

I would stay in a hotel like this anywhere and it was an ideal choice in Ljublana.

Room Tip: If you have a car, they will valet park it for 10 Euros a night and you might want to take advantage...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ElaineAndGreg
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was in Ljubljana for 4 nights for some work and a bit of leisure. The city itself is relatively small, so most of the better hotels are quite accessible and well located. The Cubo is no exception. Located about 5 to 7 minutes walking distance from the main city square and the old town. Upon entering, the lobby seems unimpressive and functional. However, the receptionists are all excellent and very helpful and friendly. Liza, Sasa, and Luka who take turns to man the reception are well trained and very competent.

I booked a junior suite. It was spacious and modern minimalist in decor. If anything. I would suggest that the management adds a few more pieces of furniture such as arm chairs. There was only one chair in the room!

Other than the lack of furniture, the rest of the room was well designed. Comfortable and firm (very important) beds and windows which seem to mask out the sounds from the street. The bathroom was sufficiently spacious, though the shower area was not designed well enough - the water kept seeping out of the shower area.

Breakfast was generally good and sufficient.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Was on my first ever trip to Ljubljana for business and asked my assistant to find a hotel. This is the one she found and happy she did. It is a small hotel but the rooms are hug with a big bathroom and very modern. Big flat screen TV, comfortable bed and L'Occitane toiletries! Breakfast was a mixture of buffet and per order. Service warm and friendly with good front of house staff. I will come back with my family in the summer to explore this lovely city and even head for the coast (less than an hour away) For 120 Euro a night including breakfast, it was a bargain!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great hotel! Our room was very comfortable and stylish, every detail was perfect and well thought and we had a fantastic view of the Ljubliana Castle. The hotel staff was extremely nice and very very helpful. The hotel is at brief walking distance from the Three Bridges and the centre.It was a great pleasure to stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of Slovesnka cesta so you will have a fantastic view of the Castle.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple