My wife stayed here for 1 night in May 2013 in room 106. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others - as our stay was pleasant - and the friendliness of the staff was superb. As usual - the good, the ok, and the bad.
1. Room - reading some prior reviews, I specifically requested a "quiet room". We received room 106 which was on the back-side of the hotel. And fortunately it was quiet overall. The room itself was nice. The king bed was comfortable and well fitted with a king-size duvet. Nice large closet with safe, small working desk and windows both in room and shower and toilet rooms.
2. Hotel style. This hotel was well thought-out and offers a bit of design "funk." For example - in our room the shower was encased in glass and completely visible from the room. In our case it was great, but if you're with someone you don't want to see naked - this room may not be for you. ;) The building was renovated with a good eye....
3. Service. Top-notch all around from the check-in to the breakfast staff. Well trained and very much appreciated. At check-in the front desk gave us an envelope with insights and hints to Ljubljana. Very good idea - because at many properties these are only found in the hotel "info book" in the room. In this case, we could take the info with us. Thanks Hotel Cubo! The service at breakfast was also very nice. The room was quite busy and the staff handled it well - and looked after us with a smile.
4. Breakfast. Excellent all around. Nice mixture of cereals, fruits, breads, cold cuts, cheeses, etc. But also prepared-to-order food (I.e, eggs, meats, toast, etc.) I ate both and was absolutely satisfied. Drinks included everything to water, juices, coffees, etc.
5. Location. Solid in terms of about a 3-5 minute walk to the old town area and river.
There really isn't anything in The OK or The Bad. This was a solid property - but at a cost. Total price was 175 Euro's which is on the high end in my opinion. I would highly recommend a courtyard facing room as the hotel does sit on a busy street which would likely reverberate noise into the road-facing rooms (I'm not 100% certain).
Overall - excellent service, nice room, nice style, solid breakfast.
Thanks Hotel Cubo. Hope to see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cubo is located in the centre of Slovenian capital Ljubljana, right opposite to the traffic free historical centre, within walking distance from the most important sightseeing sites and the shopping streets with lots of restaurants. It offers 26 modern rooms (2 Junior suites, 14 double rooms with one king bed, 7 twin rooms, 3 single rooms). All rooms are luminous and decorated with particularly good taste in a warm contemporary style using only the highest quality materials and amnesties, such as prestigious bed linen by Rivola Carmignani and The White Company bathroom amenities. All rooms have double glazing, carpet, telephone (10 minutes free calls within EU) TV, air conditioning, heating, free safe, WiFi , minibar. Bathrooms have showers or bath tubs, hairdryers, bathrobes and slippers. In addition, it also offer conference facilities - 3 meeting rooms. After thorough renovation the refurbished building opened its doors again in 2011 as a design hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Cubo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.