“Excellent modern hotel”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
“Excellent modern hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The plaza is a brilliant luxury hotel at a good price. It is a 10-15 minute bus journey outside the city centre which needs a bus card, but the journey is simple and the buses are frequent. The rooms were large, clean and luxurious. The breakfast provided gave us lots of choice. The hotel has an association with Atlantis water park which is a 5 minute walk away which give a discounted rate. I would highly recommend the plaza and if I went to Ljubljana again I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic Of Macedonia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Probably the best choice to stay when traveling in and around the Slovenian capital. Free entrance to Atlantis water park is a great plus. Buffet breakfast is elaborate with very tasty foods. Room details and overall design are excellent and refreshing. Staff is very competent. Plenty of shopping choices around the hotel at the BTC City shopping mall. Food at self-service restaurant at BTC is a must! Finally, Ljubljana is a very enjoyable city.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room with a view towards the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had stayed in this hotel for one night.
It is modern and new , and the room is spacious.
Free wifi is provided in the hotel .
Staff are ok but cannot make guests feel warm.
breakfast is good and lots of choices of food.
There is a shopping mall nearby, it is very convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We checked in on a Saturday. Checking in took less than 5 minutes. Our room was on the tenth floor. The room was very nice with modern and somewhat luxorious fixtures and bedding. Parking is located at the hotel and very easy to use. We ordered room service the night we stayed there due to the fact that we were tired from running around all day. I would give dinner five stars. I got the duck and veal pasta and my wife got the argentinian steak (both were not on the Ala Carte menu-but they allowed us to get it anyways). Room service is only an additional five euro. Our meals only came to 43 euro with the room service fee- which is quite affordable. The breakfast buffet was very good (much better than the majority of euro buffets.) Overall nothing bad to say about the hotel. Very close to alot of shopping (able to walk five minutes to all sorts of clothes shopping and supermarkets.)

Room Tip: Get a room higher up so you can see the countryside from your window.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allen P
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect for me. Normally I prfer to stop in Postojna but this time I decided to stop for one night in Lubljana. What can I said, I was impress by the professionalism of the staff in a ultramodern envoirment.I decided to take dinner in " house" and iI received more then decent standard one at realy good price.
The position of the hotel was perfect for me, the rooms was perfect clean and in a modern athmosfher. The breackfast was realy great! I will recome with great plesure!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We only stayed one night at Plaza Hotel and that was our last night before our early morning departure. I wished we had stayed there when we arrived. The hotel is pretty modern and newish. It was very clean. We booked it last minute due to its location and ease of getting to the airport. When we arrived, we were upgraded to the Junior Suite and that was wonderful. We are a party of 3 so the extra room and bed were just what we needed. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was wonderful (that is important to me). I really liked this hotel. It is located next to BTC, a shopping area (we didn't really had time to shop). And we also got free access to the Atlantis Water Park and that was really nice. My son really enjoyed the use of the waterpark and it was a good way to spend our last day, especially since it was raining. Hotel also provided free loaner of umbrellas to guests.

The hotel has an underground parking and cost 8 euros, pretty cheap. Our rate included free buffet breakfast but since we had to leave at 4 am, we informed our check in agent that we won't need breakfast. He kindly noted it and when we checked out, they gave us lunchboxes with 2 kinds of sandwiches, fruits and orange juice. That was so nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Caerleon, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Plaza is a lovely hotel. It's clean modern and in the perfect location. My only disappointment was our aircon didn't work for our whole stay and it was so hot we had to buy a fan. After 4 visits to reception to complain we just gave up. If you get room 1206 check the aircon !! That said the staff are very good in the restaurant and the bar. The breakfast is great but the buffet in the evening is very bland and repetitive. Would we go back ?? Yes. Slovenia is a bit of a hidden gem and the Paza is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 12 floor and it was very quiet. Great views as well.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple