“nice and unsual place”

Bistro Zvezda
Ranked #61 of 643 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer fresh and healthy dishes, prepared mostly with organic seasonal Slovenian ingredients and exquisite foreign specialities. Light and diverse lunches with different daily menues, delicious snacks, salads and pasta go well with a glass of finest wine. Try Zvezdina hrustljavka, our house’s special, a crunchy pie, made from organic wholemeal spelt flour, without yeast and lavishly topped with various tasty fillings.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

this place is nice and very unsual.
Unsual because of the food they are serving.
you can order what they call flambée and choose the size of it from XS to M with a choice of 17 flavours.
the atmosphear is very cozy with nice staff
they have a nice choice of wine from SLovenia but also from Spain.
Staff is polite and eager to help you

1  Thank Greg L

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stopped off at the Bistro Zvezda for dinner on Friday night while taking a stroll in reformation park, we were given a table immediately and our knowledgeable waiter gave us advice on selecting some nice local wines.
The interior is trendy and fresh and is a perfect place to enjoy an evening meal. I chose Octopus carpaccio with citrus salad and pomegranate for starters and my fiance choose Žlikrofi with boletus mushrooms and we both chose the House Salad for main course. The portions are very generous and everything was absolutely delicious and excellently prepared. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank nicola c
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Located in a piazza, with informal food, like a kind of pizza in pieces , but also good pasta, meat and good list of wine and beer. Very good for lunch or dinner

1  Thank raferria
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was very pleased with this restaurant. The waiter was very friendly and he made great suggestions, everything he recommended was delicious, especially the pizza-like starter with many tastes on it, absolutely great. I had veal cut in mushroom sauce, the only remark was that side dish could be a bit lighter. I had a taste of a duck that my friend ordered and that was absolutely delicious, I felt sorry I didn't order it but I was very pleased with my choice as well. The prices were reasonable for a service and food quality. A small remark is that beer is served in wine glasses, not a best choice for a beer lover :) Anyway, I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I can't believe that Bistro Zvezda has anything other than 5-star reviews ... this place is FANTASTIC!! After we found this restaurant we didn't bother eating anywhere else in Ljubljana.

The food is fresh, healthy and delicious (I highly recommend the herb-crusted salmon - on the specials menu - and the crunchies as others have mentioned) as well as being super affordable. Tonight my friend and I shared a small crunchies (which is massive) and had a glass of wine each for 16 euro in total.

However, the BEST thing about this restaurant is the service. Our waiter was so nice and recognized us on the second visit. He remembered that my friend was gluten-intolerant and made some great suggestions for ordering (the crunchies are gluten free btw!).

I live in Australia but would come back to Ljubljana just for this restaurant! Go there!!

3  Thank Shannah85