“Wonderful!”

Bistro Zvezda
Ranked #95 of 637 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$10 - US$37
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer fresh and healthy dishes, prepared mostly with organic seasonal Slovenian ingredients and exquisite foreign specialities. Light and diverse lunches with different daily menues, delicious snacks, salads and pasta go well with a glass of finest wine. Try Zvezdina hrustljavka, our house’s special, a crunchy pie, made from organic wholemeal spelt flour, without yeast and lavishly topped with various tasty fillings.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We came across this place as we wandered around looking for a dinner option that was suitable for me (I'm vegetarian) and my partner who has a range of allergies. This place had plenty of options, especially vegetarian ones which were different to the standard fare, wonderful staff and was incredibly good value. We were served complimentary hummus and pita chips before our delicious meals arrived and lovely chocolates at the end. I just wish we had room for dessert. They even had rice milk ice cream on the menu which is great for vegans or people with dairy allergies. It's a shame we discovered this place at the end of our time in Ljubljana otherwise we would definitely have gone back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was just walking around in Ljubljana and suddenly I found this lovely restaurant,I got in for a meal and I do not regret that decision.Lovely atmosphere ,nice staff,good food and very tasty food.Reasonable prices and excellent wines which were recommended by the handsome staff.

1  Thank G H
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good variety on the menu, including vegetarian and vegan dishes and desserts. Centrally located, nice staff, interiors are a bit dark (dark wood), but with a welcoming atmosphere nonetheless.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very nice and cozy atmosphere, delicious food, very polite service, very good location in the city centre and very reaasonable prices!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We ate at Bistro Zvezda on our second night in Ljubljana; it is part of triumvirate, consisting of the bistro, a coffee shop and a patisserie, all located next to each other on the NE corner of Kongresni Trg (Congress Square). The bistro is very modern and was only about a quarter full on the rainy mid-week night that we ate there. The service was efficient and friendly. We both had a delicious, Asparagus soup to start and for mains my wife had a very good prawn risotto, while I, being not particularly hungry just opted for a small Zvezda’s Crunchies (Zvezdine Hrustljavke), which is a cross between a thin crust pizza and a tarte flambee; on the small portion you can choose two combination toppings from a choice of 18, all choices have around four ingredients each; if you choose the medium or large sizes, you can choose more combinations and they are really good, fresh and flavoursome. Having only opted for a small portion, I had room for dessert and chose the Tart Tatin with ice-cream, which was really good. We also had a bottle of Slovenian red wine, which was okay if a bit light for our liking (the waiter had described it as full-bodied). All together the bill came to Euro 56
before the tip. I would definitely eat here if visiting Ljubljana again.