1,327 results
All reviewsold townstar hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffetminute walkcity centretivoli parkthe air conditioningbusiness hotelcomfortable staytrain stationhotel is situatednice roommini barbusiness triprooms are spaciouson foot
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We completed out Balkan tour at the Lev, expecting 5star services and accommodation. We were let down.

The rooms were too small and the air conditioning made an irritating noise that kept you awake. We needed it on as the temp was very high outside.

The reservation team originally told us that we could take a taxi from the train station upon our arrival to the city but alas we could not! the taxis all were unwilling to make a short journey to the Lev contrary to what we were told on booking. after walking around down town for 10-15 minutes we finally reach the hotel to be told by the reception team that the local taxi drivers are awful and never take people to the hotel from the station. This was contradictory from what their colleague said upon booking. We were unimpressed to say the least.

The next evening after taking cocktails and drinks in the bar area my party and I left for a night out in the city after paying in cash for the drinks at the bar cash register. We were chased down the road by one of the bar staff to be asked whether we had paid. How embarrassing.
I returned to the hotel and spoke with an abrupt hotel general manager who obviously struggles with dealing with anything more stressful than a simple request for roomservice.

A real disappointing end to a trip around the Balkans.

Room Tip: Ask whether you will be able to move in it whilst there is another person in there with you!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marc Anthony B
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed in the Lev hotel (meaning Lion) as our last night in Slovenia. It was amazing. from the moment we stepped in we were welcommed by the reception staff, upgraded to a suite were escorted to a lovely, huge room which was clean and comfortable. the hotel about 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street and 10 minutes walk to the river and lovely old town. Parking is availble at the hotel at a price of 9/14 Euro (above/ below ground) and it is an excellent solution for coming to Ljubliana with a vehicle.
we highly recomend this hotel for staying in Ljubliana.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the city center and 2 minutes from Tivoli park.
The staff are great and helpfull all of them reception, restaurant and cleaners they are all so nice.
The breakfast is very good.
My room was big enough, with everything i need and more, big bathroom, free WIFI, and more.
I enjoyed it and sure that i will come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My family and I stayed at Hotel Lev for 2 nights and really enjoyed our experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly, always willing to accommodate you. Asmid (I think was his name) was the manager we chatted w/a lot at breakfast and was very sweet. It's about a 10 min. walk to the center of town. I highly recommend the Lolita bakery to anyone, but especially if you are Gluten Free (Flourless choc. cake!) It's right in the main square on Cankarjevonabrezje. Our room was great and spacious, two tvs (if they aren't working you need to unplug and plug back in - trick we learned by the staff helping), two phones, huge bathroom. There was no pool, although you could use a pool of their sister hotels, but we didn't get around to it. Great place and highly recommend it to any traveler!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

On arrival, hotel has upgraded us from a normal double room to executive suite with no extra charge. Room was really good and comfortable.
TV wasn't working but got fixed within 10 minutes after I called service.
Location is good around 5 minutes walk from the street where all the action is happening.
As I understood it is the only 5 star hotel in the city.
We have taken the package with breakfast, coming from Dubai it was a big difference if you will compare the variety and quantity of the offered items.

We have rented the car but wasn't parking it in the hotel, (hotel charges 9 euros for outdoor parking and 14 for indoor), you can easily find parking closed to the hotel which is free from 6pm - 8am.

I would suggest to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple