“Wonderful Stay”

Grand Hotel Union Business
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel early July and had a great time. Well located to all the shops cafés and produce market. The rooms were very comfortable ,clean and spacious . Ljubljana is a beautiful place and if and when I visit again would definitely stay here

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Union Business

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I came to this hotel for two nights. I think is very nice and good hotel. I book this hotel because they have pool. But I was very disappointed because pool is so cold you can't swim in there. I had 7 month old baby and couldn't go swimming with her. But that is not all. They nicely gave me travel cod in room. I couldn't understand why my baby doesn't want to sleep there. On our check out I notice that the cod was broken and my baby head was in hole. I complain to reception and all they say we will reported a and someone will fix it so that someone else will have no problem!!!!???????? Sorry for inconvenience.
I enjoyed staying there but with one little sentence someone can put you off to book again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TinitaD
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This historic property has been renovated to a high standard and is really 2 hotels in one. Best to make sure you stay in the original building. Very well placed for walking around the car free centre, literally 2 minutes to the river. Excellent large modern stylish bedroom, big bed, good quality linen. Extensive breakfast offer. Underground car park. Interesting history. All round good service and facilities.

Room Tip: Go for a mini suite. High floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very good property in the heart of the city, two minutes walk from the main square, restaurants, attractions, etc, five to seven minutes walk to the main train and bus stations, excellent service, esp in the front desk,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed almost 3 weeks at this hotel recently and want to share how helpful everyone was that worked there. From the front desk staff (Dejan, Blaz, Emir, Miran and more) and the bellmen (Domen, Leo, Nate) to my sales contact for the group (Ursa!), I always felt supported with every thing I needed to get done for my job.

My group and I were there to shoot a television commercial for the American market and our hours are 24/7. Yet, there was always someone at the front desk willing and able to help me. When I inquired about possibly shooting at the hotel, the staff was gracious and showed me different options of locations, including the roof. That is when my director saw Room 600... Ursa had already upgraded him to a suite at the same rate as the rest of my crew in standard rooms. Room 600 was twice as much but she was able to accommodate us at the same rate, making my director so very happy. And you must know that a happy director can make the job so much better!

I really enjoyed my time at the hotel, even though I was constantly working.

The only think I didn't like was the food. The breakfast buffet had a wonderful selection, but I had it 17 times... No one else can complain from my crew with all of the different choices it offered. The room service menu needs more variety but there are so many nearby restaurant choices, it should be fine for everyone except people working 24/7 and unable to get away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank prodgirl12
Lipovsek_Bogdan, General Manager at Grand Hotel Union Business, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear “prodgirl12”

Thank you for your review and all high recommendations for Grand hotel Union Business.
I am very proud that we have been able to assist you during your long business trip.

We will be more than happy to consider your proposal regarding room service menu.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit in Grand hotel Union Business.

Mr. Bogdan Lipovšek

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel is situated centrally which is great. But, it needs to be a bit refurbished. It looks old. Room is OK (nothing more) with lousy toillet. Shower tub is sitauated too high so if you are tall, you'll have problems taking a shower. The best part is breakfast which was really excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here over the weekend. Rooms are renovated and comfortable. However the bathroom looks like it has frozen in time in the 1980s. Faucet is corroded, the WC hasnt been changed in 25 years and the bathtub is simply extra long and not very wide. The location is fantastic with the hotel just 100 metres from the presern square and the three bridges. The disappointment is the breakfast since they have a fantastic spread (probably the best buffet breakfast in terms of quality of food and variety in Ljubljana) but the quality of bowls, tables where food is placed is again 1980s style. The big problem in this hotel is service. At breakfast I asked for a cup of green tea and was brought 1001 cvet (a local brand) and not twinings or tea leaves as should be in a hotel that boasts of hosting royalty from across the world. Only when I communicated to the steward that this is unacceptable did he bring out a bag of twinings. Housekeeping staff here are rude and simply enter rooms without knocking on the door. This happened two times.

Room Tip: Choose the superior rooms on the 7th floor. They have the view of the Ljubljana Castle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear “ttravel23”

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry about your disappointment in Grand hotel Union Business.
The last renovation of Grand hotel Union Business was in 2010 which included guest rooms, breakfast room and soft refurbishment of lobby area.
Breakfast is offering a reach variety of quality food mostly from local origin among them also Slovenian tea brand 1001 cvet. Slovenian brands are very appreciated among our guests. Other brands are also available.
After all I would like to thank you for your comments because it shows where we have to initiate appropriate action.
In Grand hotel Union Business we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Mr. Bogdan Lipovšek