Central Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Lev Ljubljana(Ljubljana)
Hotel Emonec(Ljubljana)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspolice stationgreat locationsister hotelold townthe main squaretrain and bustriple bridgecentral ljubljanapleasant hotelhot and cold foodfew minutes walkgrand unionbed was comfortablegood sizebusiness hotelthe air conditioningshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

If you look at their price list…. 140€ per night is in my opinion way overpriced for this hotel. For few bucks more you get double of comfort in nearby hotel down the street “Grand Hotel Union Business”. But, if you’re lucky, you’ll get a discount, either you ask for it, or get into their discount period, or find a good online offer, or arrange company price. I was staying there for one week last time, and many times before. Room rate was 80€ for which I can say it is totally worth it.
Hotel itself has a strange oldish fragrance, to which you get used to, but reveals the fact that it is rather old and asks for refurbishment. Rooms are not super clean, but are clean enough. Don’t expect much of a view from window, except to another building. Breakfast is fair, I can not say rich, but one can find preferable meal. (In “Union Business” is much better breakfast, more choice. )
Nice thing about this hotel is that you can go into swimming pool and spa/sauna in nearby “Grand Hotel Union Business” as guest of “Union Central”. For free. This other hotel is 4 minutes walk from “Union Central”.
Car parking is problem, unless you’re willing to pay 20-30€ per night in nearby garage. I have found a trick here. Streets around hotel are full of parking places and if streets in narrow circle are all occupied, I’m sure you’ll find free spot in wider circle. That worked for me. However, you have to pay parking there as well, something like 0,8€ per hour, I don’t remember exactly. But they charge this from 8 until 18. As I was working all day, I left parking place at 7:30 and came back at around 18. That’s how I got parking completely free. And if I came back earlier, I pay 1€ or so until 18, which was like 10 times cheaper than using garage.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I spent a week here in May 2013 on business. Decent enough, really well located.
Room was fine, not very large but more than enough for a single stay. Decent wifi and a decent breakfast.
Con was the bed, or the duvet to be exact. I had to lay another duvet on top and they didnt seem to be quite the right size. So, perhaps ask for some kingsize duvets or blankets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank blucey
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I chose this hotel only because of its location & easy access, I took the bus from airport & the final stop was very near to the hotel so I walked & i found it. the entrance is from backside so you should look at the Hotel sign on the building to find the entrance.
although there was no elevator, I was ready to take take the stairs. inside the room was calm, clean, beautiful design on the walls (like old castles) & very good shower & toilet. however similar to most other budget hotels, the walls were very very thin, but for my short stay it was absolutely fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Its an average 3 star hotel, walking distance to the city center and the central train station. The hotel is old, so the rooms are clean but you dont get that great feeling. The breakfast was a let down. Just next to hotel is a casino, so with family i thought it makes it a shady location. Overall an average hotel which if i get for an unbeatable price I can stay again but otherwise will shop for other options.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed here for one night and all I can say great location for the old town but hotel has seen better days. Bathroom dated,hallway and carpet dated, breakfast varied, fresh but lacked inspiration but I would say staff were very helpful. Tourist tax joke

Room Tip: Close windows at night very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business