City Hotel Ljubljana
US$242
US$226
Agoda.com
1,553 results
All reviewsgreat locationold townfree bikesunderground garagetriple roomcentral locationthe rivertriple bridgeair confew minutes walkbuffet breakfasttrain stationthe hotel is cleanpreseren squarecoffee machinethree bridgesreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Very standard business hotel downtown. Location is walkable to the main square, bars and restaurants, and the train station. Taxis always at the ready out front. Good access to the park for morning runs. Breakfast is outrageously over-priced and the rooms lack any hint of character, but both if those are standard features of business travel...

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with free wifi and good breakfast, snacks / salads in the garden terrace, lobby with lovely aircon - front of house a bit abrupt and not extremely helpful but ok - sabastion the bar man great happy helpful and just lively chsp - other bar man a bit sharp - make sure you book the superior room - my double was very small and basic no aircon and 2 beds pushed together £25 per night extra for aircon and leper double bed great for sight seeing and great breakfast choice

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I arrived Ljubljana train station nearly midnight. I found the hotel without any difficulty. When I check in, the reception staff greeted me very professional. The room is very clean, even though I stay there only for a few hours. I checked out very early for Postojna and the breakfast was not yet ready. However, the reception staff allowed me to pack something for breakfast. It's a pity I can only pack a sandwich. There are great choices and plenty. I hope I can have it there. The location is also very good. It is only a few minutes walk to the historical centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed there on our road trip from Thessaloniki , the location was very good near the historical centre, the parking very easy to find. The rooms soundproof, the beds nice. Breakfast was really rich, the price they offered to us was very logical. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

we were on a guided tour from Budapest to venice and our hotel was city hotel in ljubljuna. we read the t/a reviews of city hotel and can agree with most of previous reviews. yes, the rooms are small, again the rooms are small. my wife and daughter stayed here in 1975 and there has b een many improvements, and it looks like more in the past years. the location can't be beat. steps from the city square and heart of the city, cathederal and fort/palace on top of the city. the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. the lobby is large,inviting for guests to lounge in overstuffed chairs, enjoy a cocktail with others and meet old friends. free computers in the corner to use, Wi-Fi in all rooms(free). also a small space is made for a library and papers are put out each morn to keep in touch around the world, such as intl. herald tribune, financial times. this was something we did not encounter in our three week trip in other stops.
the breakfast was wonderful, large selections, variety to suit all needs and we also has an evening meal in our package which was also appealing and filling. an outdoor patio is also available when weather permits.since we were bussed I can not comment on parking. but again, for location, breakfast, Wi-Fi, all free and great staff support we didn't hear any negative comments from our touring group.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple